Empowered volume 9 storytime

Someone asked for a storytime of empowered volume 9 when I storytimed vol 10 yesterday. So, I'll get started...

Volume 10 is here:

Not shit posting, but has she gotten thicker? I have only read the originals from 2007.

Yes, she's gained weight. It's kinda pointed out later in the story and confirmed in volume 10.

Yeah, ghostwriter is one of my favorite characters.

Warren caved to the vocal minority when some guy complained about Emp not being fat enough ;_;

Her feeling fat has always been kinda part of her character. I still think she might be pregnant, tbqh.

I like that his helmet and logo looks like a pac-man ghost

Thx for vol 10 and now 9 storytime user.

No problem

Yeah, he's great. I'd like to see more of him

Thank you for delivering, you're a pretty swell guy

Hmm

I wonder if Emp can use mayfly without dying.

It's going kinda slow
You okay OP?

I'm fine, just been afk

>Rhubarb

...What?

It's a reference to how they film crowd scenes in movies. To get the proper murmuring crowd noises, all the extras just say "rhubarb" over and over.

Emp fans is The Soldier of Love worth a read? I didnt know there were spinoffs to Empowered until yesterday

I wonder what effect it would have on an undead cape.

It would probably mess them up as it would if they were alive. Though they don't seem to be connected to their corporeal bodies like that.

Ooh so chevalier Blanc had turned up before vol 10

With her superhuman strength and endurance, wouldn't she be able to do sit ups almost non-stop?

It's not the best spin off but it's good

...What, you couldn't just confiscate the suit?

bump

That's the end of chapter one...

thanks user, this is so much better than 90% of Marvel's current lineup

yeah, I think she's preggers too

wait just a goddamn minute. if all the dead heroes are Superdeads, where the hell is Mindfuck?

One, not every dead cape becomes a Superdead. Two, her body was completely incinerated.

Only some dead supers become superdead. It's generally a consequence of their powers.

Also Mindfuck went through re entry in a giant ass space station. She's super dead.

Three, there's a pretty good chance she's alive in Emp's head.
Four, Something's got to give! RUAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

Mindfuck either isn't a bargain baby or she was completely incinerated when the space station burnt up upon reentry.

No problem. I agree. It's a shame that there's only one Adam Warren

Starting chapter 2 featuring one of my favorite characters

The hypermembrane can regenerate itself completely from scraps. With how much it tears, there is probably a ton of it scattered around the city. All a villain has to do is collect enough scraps and leave them close to Emp for them to become 'active' and regenerate.

I think.

> not every dead cape becomes a Superdead
oops. nvm.