Injustice: Boon virtually confirms Black Manta (And talks Sub Zero I guess)

youtube.com/watch?v=BvHzkiuxh8k&t=1m59s

I know it's only halftime but fuck it Mantabros, we did it, get in here and celebrate

Can somebody dump some Manta memes, and some of his best moments? I gotta stock up.

YES!

Looks like I'm buying Injustice 2 now

Got your back.

>mfw the God shader lets you bring White Ray, the blonde hair blue eyed friendly pacifist white nationalist to life in Injustice 2

it was pretty much confirmed already, but neat.

How does a villain so one-note be so amazing?

I'm especially curious about Manta and Cold.

If we get a peek of movie Manta at SDCC, any chance Boon will ride the wave of hype and give something too?

Because he's been written strong as fuck recently, almost to a status where his mere appearance is built up and made to be a big deal.

He was always super popular in a way because everyone knew WHO he was, no one really knew his name though, but now people are learning his name and are like "Oh that's the guy from Superfriends" or "That dude in the Legion of Doom"

>Black Manta: "How is your wife and kids?"
>Superman: "I'm going to do what Aquaman should have done long ago."
>Black Manta: " You mean die?"

Manta is as devoted to his cause as any of the Trinity. It's just that his ideal is hatred of Aquaman and the sea.

>Batman won't use a gun
>Manta won't stop hating Aquaman

poetry

what's his fuckin problem?

>Manta is a man of sheer will and limitless potential
He's the John Wick of the sea?

Fuck Manta, calm down.

the question you need to be asking yourself is: is the character going to be shit? and are any of you actually going to play this character? if not then it's not worth celebrating.

Whoever put Sub-Zero in this game should be held down and gutted

Even if he's shit I'll still always use him against Aquaman players

He is autism personified

B I L L Y W H E N

One of those silhouettes is either Miss Marvel or Miss Martian

But I'm betting it's Miss Martian because nojonzz

>Lex became a more developed villain considering the thematic possibilities of what is essentially a mortal up against a god
>Joker became a target of writers to flesh out and experiment with given what he has stood for throughout his inception
>Sinestro gained more sympathetic and reasonable qualities in recent years
>Captain Cold evolved into a blue collared criminal with a sense of moral honor who treats his rogues like family
>Cheetah's been reinvented so many damn times and has recently been trying to be given the sympathetic route
>Black Manta hasn't changed at all since his creation and is still an asshole for the sake of being asshole
And that's why we love him

good shit. i admire the dedication

Manta would make a shit Rogue, like they would have a Rogue meeting about robbing a bank or just plan something to mess with the Flash and Manta would alway suggest killing Aquaman or something related to that.

its funny, it seemed like they didnt even want Manta at first but demand beat what they were pushing

Did he desecrate Arthur Jr's grave? Holy shit, hahaha

Wouldn't be surprised if he comes after Starfire because of that. His mentioning was pretty unprovoked and he could've picked any of the silhouettes to talk about

yes, yes he did

What happened to this chick?

He's had a remarkably consistent characterization throughout the years despite a handful of conflicting motives and origins, he hasn't undergone any bullshit power creep or has ever strayed very far away from his usual routine, he's just pure, honest hatred personified in an extremely stylishly deep sea scuba suit with arguably the most creative twist you could possibly give an Aquaman villain; he's a black man, AND he can swim.

Funny, even Bruce's Batcomputer fell for Manta's "black nationalist" meme

THANKS KATANA

>Doomfist and Marina shown, Black Manta teased
>On National Fried Chicken Day
Holy shit I shouldn't be laughing but I am.

I didn't even know that. Now I'm fucking crying laughing.

Truly the best timeline.

You're really hoping for that are you?

He went on to desecrate Aquaman's dad's grave.

>he hasn't undergone any bullshit power creep

What did Aquaman do to Black Manta to make him hate him so much?

It doesnt matter user, thats the entire point

Before New 52: Absolutely fucking nothing.
He played the race, rape, and autism cards but they were either lies or exaggerations.
Either way, they were excuses.
New 52: Arthur accidentally killed his father

autismos relating and constantly posing the same pages over and over again

Its basically memeing him into popularity.

He was born.

He's an autistic black nationalist rape victim whose wife was experimented on and murdered by rogue Atlanteans, and also Aquaman killed his father.

Anyone got the info for the xbox one guild??

Whos the boy in question here?

Aquaman's kid, Black Manta murdered him.

So why he hasn't gotten a red ring?

Aside from hating Aquaman he's an efficient and intelligent killin machine that knows how to get under your skin. He doesn't do bullshit stuff that makes people yell about plot armor and his suit gives enough protection to be an adequate threat to Aquaman. That and he's not overused so when he shows up you know shits going to go down.

Atrocitus finds him too hardcore.
And Hatred isn't the same as Anger or Rage necessarily. You can despise someone but keep it together.

Because he's an Aquaman character, not a Green Lantern character.

Yeah but in one of the panels it says "like i did you son" so its obviously another boy.

Kaldur probably, seeing how he's talking about fathers and sons in the next panel.