Mike Tyson Mysteries is the best Adult Swim show

Mike Tyson Mysteries is the best Adult Swim show

>Not Space Ghost Coast to Coast

>Not AQTHF
>Not Boondocks seasons 1-3

Season 3 wasn't even good

Rick and morty by far. its too bad that brainlets get upset though.

AHEM

Mike Tyson Mysteries is better because it doesn't try to have a message. It's just the insane thoughts of a convicted rapist with brain damage from years and years of boxing.

IT TRIGGERS A FIGHT OR DLIGHT FEELING

FIGHT OR FLIGHT!

FIGHT OR FLIGHT!

Yeah, its much simpler. I can understand why you would enjoy it more.

That is not saying much, but it is the truth

wait I thought user meant CURRENTLY airing

If you actually think R+M has a message, you are a special kind of double moron

This last season has been pretty crummy but it's still a great show. Yung is mai waifu

It does not say in the OP.

I guess it was just the present tense, the 'is' that got me thinking that way. but yeah it's not the best one of all time, obviously.

It's not the best, but it's the first AS show that feels like it could have been around in the 2001-2003 era. Most of early HS was about parodying Hanna-Barbera and most of that has been lost.

man durin the latter half of the 90s that was all CN was about in general. Either parodying, recapturing, or both. starting (i think) with Two Stupid Dogs.
honestly i'd like to see something a little less rehashed parodied now. When will we get parodies of the cruddy no-budget CBS cartoons of the late 80s? I'd love to watch something with a ninja turtles alvin and the chipmunks garfield smurfs feel

PICKLE RICK

>Mike Tyson Mysteries is the best Adult Swim show airing now
FTFY

It literally has segments where characters openly philosophize.

I still like it, but it seems to have slowed down a bit and lost some of the major insanity of the earlier seasons. Also, Mike doesn't punch enough, which is a fucking disgrace.

>brainlets
Rick & Morty is pretty basic which is why it has mass appeal, there's not a lot there to stew on aside from some basic nihilism

yes. and Mike Tyson Mysteries has segments where the characters punch people in the mouth. But I don't think the show is attacking me.

MTM Is way funnier. They don't yell the jokes and make the punchlines overly obvious, they focus on delivery.

that's the dumbest comparison I've ever heard

That's the point, it's brilliantly stupid. shows like that used to be a lot more common, but the thing is most people underthink it, so it's just a stupid show that costs more to write.
but nowadays you have poeple overthinking it too. I think that's an improvement, but it's still really sucky because the word of mouth gets hella tainted.

You're saying the show is a diatribe just because it contains depictions of people with views and opinions...
once in a fucking while
usually for comedy, followed by us finding out how wrong or hypocritical they are.
Fuck, the closest thing it has to messages is shit like globuh wubbuh in that pluto episode, or hurr teenagers can't into parenting in that morty junior episode. and that's really just kind of making fun of typical tv script morals

Still messages, nearly every single TV show or movie has subtext and it's okay to point it out

well if you go that broad with it, then is wrong. and that was the post being argued, so
I feel they both have the same kind of brilliant delivery that you only see in modern shows: a very specially cultivated but naturalistic-sounding dialogue that is still distinctively quirky but doesn't get annoying until your friend starts doing it endlessly and he isn't very good at it

>no one's mentioned the real best show
Fucking how? Besides Venture, there's also the masterpiece Moral Orel, the enigma that is 12 oz mouse, fucking Frisky Dingo and Neon Joe: Werewolf Hunter which is probably the funniest show in the adult swim's history. Mike Tyson Mysteries is god tier but fucking really? Rick and Morty is all you can come up with for best adult swim show?

i've heard 12 oz mouse is cleverer than it looks, and I'll give it the benefit of the doubt, but it did nothing for me
moral orel is just.. like, half clever.. which is usually pretty good, but the other half.. hoo boy. who touched you, Dino?
Frisky Dingo is good of course but it's easily the worst 7030 show. I went back and rewatched it like "oh yeah I forgot about this. it'll be like more sealab or more archer!" but it wasn't. the end of sealab was too silly for its own good too, but when it comes to the aquateen kinda humor I like sealab best.
never heard of neon joe.. never seen it on the channel guide even. the fuck?

oh and yeah venture is the best show ever

Dude you gotta give Moral Orel and Frisky Dingo a second chance, they're both god tier. Also Neon Joe is a live action show that's so densely packed with laughs, it's the hardest I've ever laughed at TV. One of the jokes is his catchphrase, but it's how you do catchphrase comedy right unlike WUBBALUBBADUBDUB and XDDDD GET SCWIFTY

I did give frisky dingo a second chance, I just told you that. It was still brilliant, I'm just saying it was let down by its forebears and successors.
moral orel i quit when they got to the season where AS actually told them to get darker, so yeah. If I ever feel cringeproof enough, i'm going to watch malcolm in the middle instead. that fucker really deserves it, but I just can't. Not yet.

and again, you aren't seeing the irony. you're not supposed to actually laugh at those catchphrases. I don't understand how you aren't getting the really really obvious irony. What's wrong with you? are you half british or something?

To put it another way, you don't think you're actually supposed to think GO TEAM VENTURE is heroic and neato cool, right? it's that. It's basically exactly that.

Glad to see Neon Joe getting some love, it is WAY funnier than it ever needed to be :)

This

This is probably the show that's most like the original AS programming and I love it for that.

It really is. On par with the best of AS output over the years, Frisky Dingo, Harvey Birdman, Sealab, it can safely be included amongst them and TVB.

I wish we had more Harvey Birdman. Him dying via Phil running him over still pisses me off even if it is thematically how you'd expect the show to end.

I'll just pretend it's one of those duplicator clone that got ran over.

Decker is Sup Forums now because of the animated bump.

Maybe Venture Bros. S1-4. Everything afterwards has been a major step down in terms of humor and plot.

Fuck off with that shit.

I'm convinced Tim and Eric shows are just a way for someone to launder drug money.

I once had to write a small essay for a college writing class responding to some article talking about how this show for dumb idiots, and is a symptom of America's love for violence and rape. It was a pretty good essay, and now I watch this show because of it.

>Actually believing that bullshit.

That case against Tyson was a total sham.

>how this show for dumb idiots

Step aside peasants

Currently airing, yes.

Interesting that this was the successor, and the greatest show of all time imo.

>literally "ITS SUPPOSED TO SUCK" the post

I even like Rick and Morty but damn you faggots who try to make it out as some bastion of the intelligentsia are the gold-standard of pathetic. You're the purest source of impotent rage. You're the incarnation of what retards think is smart.

The show is dick jokes and the sci-fi equivalent of dick jokes blended together with an endearing-but-skin-deep pathos that only literal austists could mistake for profound.

Rick and Morty is a silly show to laugh at, not some artistic, philosophical masterpiece. Having been exposed to nihilism and popsci in our media-saturated society doesn't make you intelligent. Rick and Morty is basically a more self-aware version of the Big Bang Theory, with slightly better jokes and writing, and most of that is just due to Roiland doing silly Roiland things.