I enjoy Sonic and Tails friendship in this show

Sonic is such a bro to Tails.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2bZ2lMLt5Hw
youtu.be/aO_z2nO3ByM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

AoStH was the best western Sonic show. SatAM and definitely Underground had nothing on it.

>AoStH was the best western Sonic show.
>SatAM had nothing on it.
opinions this bad should be illegal

SatAM is not well-written. It's not total trash, but there's nothing remarkable good about it.

I enjoy watching satam and aosth faggots fight like animals while I enjoy both of them in their own way.

Excuse YOU.
youtu.be/2bZ2lMLt5Hw

OK, that's a pretty good intro.

The show as a whole is not a gem of its time, though.

You're right. People like that squirrel bitch, though.

Her name is sally, sally acorn. Princess sally acorn of the kingdom of acorn.

giant furry titties

That sucks, bro.

>It's not total trash
It absolutely is.
If you give a single shit about writing, the episodes are repulsive.

Please elaborate.

Don't hold back.

One thing I always loved for some reason was how highly overall of a great role model Sonic was in this show, always being sure to do the right thing, like in the Sonic Sez segments.

Robotnik's still way better though, and Sonic can still come off as obnoxiously smug sometimes.

>Sonic can still come off as obnoxiously smug sometimes.
Jerk Sonic is best Sonic. Every other Sonic is just "generic hero" or "badly written Spider-Man".

Sonic in the OVA is a prime example of how his character should be handled.

Nice comic, I still remember that the creator stopped making more over some stupid shit.

The slapstick was always fun to watch for me. By all accounts, I should hate this thing, but I can't bring myself to not love it.

I loved the show as a kid and removing my nostalgia goggles is tough. Doing so, a slight majority of the episodes are well executed but unremarkable. Good for kids but not worth revisiting. The gems are really good though, especially the ones that subvert expectstions and push the boundaries, like the episode where Cat gets captured and they don't get him back. Any other show at the time would have pussied out and freed him, or at least shown that he was alive and well.

The art direction was also very good. Robotropolis had a great oppressive feel to it, the painted backgrounds were beautiful and the Swatbots were awesome. I love how menacing they managed to make Robotnik. They managed to make his obesity scary, in a bit of a Papa Nurgle way (vaguely).

Also, Snively is the best non-canon character.

Still, Season 2 went downhill in a hurry. Dulcey was a fucking disaster. Naugus was a shitty character, and the revelation that he was the glowing eyes in the cliffhanger makes me indifferent to the fact that it got cancelled rather than outraged. I liked how they didn't shoehorn aspects of the games into it too much but they went overboard and neglected a lot of great additions the games provided, like Knuckles, Metal and literally every stage of every game.

Underground was poopoo.

Come on, we all know the real reason you like AoStH.
youtu.be/aO_z2nO3ByM

>like the episode where Cat gets captured and they don't get him back
That was OK, but the big problem with it is that only Sonic noticed or cared when Sally's big thing about responsibility as leader should have made her feel this loss keenly.

>I love how menacing they managed to make Robotnik.
Granted, but half the time he was treated as a joke, anyway. It was really inconsistent.

Anyone who doesn't like this version of Robotnik should be murdered in the streets,

>Granted, but half the time he was treated as a joke, anyway. It was reallg inconsistent.
>It was really inconsistent.
That summarizes the show perfectly, in my opinion. I don't like grimdark but it worked best when it took itself seriously. Sonic, Sally, Bunny, Tails, and pre-redesign Rotor all had a good chemistry that was amusing enough to offset the darkness of the rest of the show, as well as how pathetic Snively was, which contrasted nicely with Robotnik.

Antoine was a mistake and all the added comic relief was just hollow. SatAM was simply incapable of being a comedy, at least in the wake of Adventures, so they should have just ran in the other direction. There's always the danger of being edgy, but I don't feel like they ever approached that.

All the people comparing it to Adventures are comparing apples to oranges. One is slapstick comedy and the other is a drama. Whether you prefer slapstick or drama is a matter of preference. I prefer Adventures because it was executed better, although a well executed SatAM would have been my favorite.

>the Sonic OVA
What a missed opportunity that was. I'm still waiting for the soundtrack to be released instead of the snippets that fans were able to able to piece together.

>how pathetic Snively was, which contrasted nicely with Robotnik.
That's what gets me; they have a workable two-stage villain cast; Snively can be the incompetent joke that the heroes can relish in running circles around, and Robotnik can be the REAL villain who's head-to-toe dangerous and intimidating...instead he's ALSO a joke half the time.

>they wasted the premise of SatAM
>they wasted the music of the Sonic OVA
>they absolutely ran with Sonic X
This world isn't fair, user. So much to work with. How'd they fuck it up?

>It was reallg

I know, I know. The love handles chick episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm was on and it was distracting.

Sadly it's over so now I can focus on spelling like a champ.
>that ending joke
Can you hear the theme, user?