What was so bad about this movie that it ended 2D Disney animation?

What was so bad about this movie that it ended 2D Disney animation?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GdZcsrtiUac
youtube.com/watch?v=0H5EZ-gSPOY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Google Apocalypse Cow

This is one of those "fuck you I liked it" movies. I personally loved it as a kid and still enjoy it now.

The simpson's episode?

From a marketing standpoint,
a film about 3 female cows going on a western adventure doesn't seem that interesting for most audiences.

This.

Don't forget on top of it all Pixar was in their game at the time, absolutely KILLING the box offices AND the critics.

unmarketable outside of the US

It wan't bad, just really boring, though I think Chicken Little and Bolt were worse, Disney's early CGI phase had their absolute worst movies

Man I loved this film.

"This is mah comfy place!"

I still don't know what the fuck was going on with this scene
youtube.com/watch?v=GdZcsrtiUac

>it ended 2D Disney animation

It didn't.
The Black Frog princess did that all on her own actually.

I remember my sister went to see that the same day I went to see Avatar. In hindsight she might've gotten the better end of the deal

The art style was really nice..that's about it.

That should be rephrased. Home on the Range didn't kill Disney's 2D animation, but did slaughter and gut the studio that worked on The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast. There's a very sad story about this in the documentary Dream On Silly Dreamer where the Burbank studio is dismantled and all of the drawing desks and equipment are sold off.

cow rustler rustles cows with his secret yodel technique it's not that hard to get.

You can't be serious.

Everyone rejoiced when Disney officially announced an end to all those terrible direct to video sequels except the 2D animators, as that was the day they officially had no future at Disney

I think I read somewhere that the original draft has him, instead of just rustling the cattle, marching an army of hypnotized cows on the white house in order to take over America.

No, it didn't, it just failed to revive 2d animation.

It wasn't, Eisner had wanted to gut the studio for a while at that point in favor of 3D animation and used this movie's poor performance as an excuse to do so.

The funny thing is all those artists and animators they shitcanned got picked up by Dreamworks and taught the 3D animation tools.

>Bolt
>bad

the whole animation industry is a really nasty business, everyone is sabotaging everyone.
mediocre, it only a bit of buzz recently because of zootopia

Same famalam

>it only a bit of buzz

youtube.com/watch?v=0H5EZ-gSPOY
Couldn't find a better version.

Only Disney movie I ever bought. And one of the few I've ever watched other than Fantasia I think. It was pretty good

>very bottom-centric song
>yodelling Randy Quaid
>everything looks like a disco
where has this been all my life

*it got a bit of buzz

Thanks, mom. I knew we could count on you!

The only good part of the whole movie

Man I wish I could yodel

Why?

It's nowhere near as bad as it's made out to be. I think it's an enjoyable watch.

I will say though, I REALLY fucking love the angular, almost Tex Avery-ish style and character designs. I wish there could've been an art book.