Any good stories about Clayface? I'm specially interested in how Batman usually deals with him...

Any good stories about Clayface? I'm specially interested in how Batman usually deals with him. I'm interested because of the ending of Arkham City: if Freeze had not given the ice grenades to Batman, how Bats would had defeated him?

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/sh/kmekb5jwts7949i/AACKX0I_koFW6OOsRsygS21xa?dl=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's clear to me Sup Forums doesn't read comics

comics are too expensive i just watch comic anime

too many words

games have pretty graphics and girls with big booby's

I know of a couple.

Here's Len Wein's Detective Comics #478-479, The Coming of Clayface III

Despite being one of Batman's oldest villains, Clayface didn't really get any kind of presence until the late 70's and early 80's.

One of the things I like about Clayface is he's a perfect conceptualization of the different eras of Batman's villains.

>too many words
As someone who reads books, does that mean I can legitimately shit on you comic book readers?

The original Clayface (created by Bill Finger) was just a mobster with a gimmick of being able to change his face. Very much like a Dick Tracy villain.

Finger brought Clayface back in the early 60's, modifying him to be the totally made of clay guy we know today. Super-villains were definitely more of Batman's thing in the mid Silver Age.

Most of /lit/ already does, go ahead!

lol what are you even doing on an image board nerd

They are pretty fucking expensive, you are not wrong

The Clayface introduced here, Preston Payne, is representative of the darker and more realistic direction Batman went in throughout the 70's.

Some comics I'd recommend:

>Detective Comics #40 & 49, the original two Clayface stories
>Detective Comics #298, 304, and 312, introduction of Matt Hagen
>Batman #159: The Great Joker/Clayface Feud, classic Finger/Moldoff story
>Detective Comics #478-479 which we're reading right now
>Batman Annual #11: Mortal Clay, one of the many attempts to do a "Killing Joke" for other Batman villains, but they actually got Alan Moore this time
>Detective Comics #604-607: Mud Pack, a storyline uniting all three of the Clayfaces up to that point with a new female Clayface

And that's about all I've read with Clayface in it.

There is also a terribad Wonder Woman fill-in issue where Clayface absorbs Diana's powers because she's made of clay (which even she says shouldn't be possible and makes no sense).

You may remember Silver St. Cloud from the also terribad Batman: The Widening Gyre by Kevin Smith. You may be surprised to discover she originated in something good!

>one of the many attempts to do a "Killing Joke" for other Batman villains
Except Mortal Clay precedes Killing Joke by a year.

Didn't mean to post this page.

You're right, I was incorrectly conflating it with Killing Peck.

“Clay” by Alan Grant/Quique Alcatena from Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight #89-90

He's a member of Batman's team in the new Detective Comics run for rebirth. Despite what faggots on Sup Forums say, it's a good book and you should pick it up.

Clayface proves he's better than Jason Todd.

The old Legends of the Dark Knight has an arc with him that modernized Matt Hagen's silver age origin.

It's issues #89 & 90.

End.

I went ahead and threw everything mentioned in the thread into a Dropbox folder:
dropbox.com/sh/kmekb5jwts7949i/AACKX0I_koFW6OOsRsygS21xa?dl=0

Thank you!!

Should've storytimed Mortal Clay instead of this. It was much superior and shorter as well.

Yeah I started to feel that way halfway through the first issue. I felt it wouldn't have the same impact without Payne's origin story first but it's pretty unnecessary.

"Growing Pains" from New Adventures of Batman

Bring a tissue

in the comics there were 3 original clayfaces & there was an awesome team up with a 4th one
I'd recommend reading that