What would a top-tier viewing list for BTAS look like?

What would a top-tier viewing list for BTAS look like?

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/93592017/#q93592017
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Start at episode one. End at the last episode. Watch the first episode(s) of Batman Beyond and the last episode of Justice League Unlimited as well for ultimate closure.

And Knight Time from STAS

>and the last episode of Justice League Unlimited as well
>it wasn't hard, Bruce left his DNA all over the city
>that's NOT what I meant

Almost Got 'Im
Birds of a Feather
Beware the Gray Ghost
The Clock King
The Demon's Quest
Dreams in Darkness
Eternal Youth
Fear of Victory
Feat of Clay
Fire from Olympus
Heart of Ice
If You're So Smart. . .
Joker's Favor
Joker's Wild
The Laughing Fish
Mad as a Hatter
On Leather Wings
Pretty Poison
Read My Lips
Riddler's Reform
Robin's Reckoning
Second Chance
See No Evil
Showdown
Sideshow
Two Face
Vendetta
Double Talk
Growing Pains
Knight Time
Mad Love
Never Fear
Over the Edge
You Scratch My Back

>Talia
>Zatanna
>Selina
>Babs
That's EXACTLY what you meant, Waller!

Watch the entire series starting from the beginning.

You forgot "What is Reality?". If you remember, Riddler escapes in "If you're so smart..." and "Riddler's Reform" starts with Riddler getting released from jail. "What is Reality" is the middle episode where Batman catches Riddler - kind of a must-see for die-hards if you're to include the other 2 Riddler episodes..

This. It won a Daytime Emmy for a reason.

You're delusional if you think that there weren't a fair number of meh and even terrible BTAS episodes

desuarchive.org/co/thread/93592017/#q93592017

I thought I already crammed too many on the list.

I love BTAS but that's probably the least impressive award

Without help, how many other cartoons can you name that have won one?

>All of those
>Not Harley & Ivy

Even if you hate the pairing of what it is nowadays, that episode is really is one of the best

>implying there aren't shitty episodes of BTAS

>Pretty Poison
>not House and Garden
>no Perchance to Dream

You've gone and done it now, lad.

Daytime Emmys have specific categories devoted to cartoons

So you can't name any others without help?

Don't be that guy. There are dozens of cartoons with Emmys. I know off the top of my head tiny toons won a few and Simpsons has won it like 10 times. Regardless, whether I could remember them off the top of head is completely irrelevant.

>Tiny Toons
There you go - also another brilliant cartoon.

>Simpsons
Daytime Emmy? No. Primetime yes, but not Daytime. Still, you got Tiny Toons so you win.

While I have it pulled up, I must remark that I had no idea that "Pinky, Elmyra, and The Brain" existed. When I checked I found it's THE Elmyra from Tiny Toons. It makes sense because it's all WB but still...wow!

Lastly, BTAS also won a Primetime Emmy for Outstanding Animated Program (1 hour or less), and two Daytime Emmys - one for Outstanding Writing in an Animated Program and one for Outstanding Sound Editing - Special Class.

>no one mentioned the kinomation that is "Batman in my Basement"

plebs

I'm still not sure what your point is. If something won an award then it can't ever have anything bad about it? That's retarded

>No "The Man who Killed Batman"
>No "The Cape and Cowl Conspiracy"
>No "Harlequinade"

To be fair, the only way to get a comprehensive list that would satisfy everybody would be to list every episode.

Nah some are universally hated like

4k or 1080p remaster when? Hi from Sup Forums

Probably never. I don't know if WB even has the original film stocks or videotapes anymore to do it.

But how about an upscale like fan made for Avatar The Last Airbender. WB has more important content to make in 4k like Westwortd

Didn't the UtRH Blu-Ray include 4 HD episodes of BTAS?

This is a meme that has some basis in fact, but it's still a meme that has propagated because of how long 90s kids dominated the internet and wouldn't stop talking about how PERFECT and SUPERIOR the DCAU is to all other forms of those characters. So some backlash is inevitable, but all-in-all, just watching and accepting that there was less-than-great episodes of BTAS is better IMO than ignoring them, cuz that just propagates the view of the series as flawless, and the hype/hype backlash cycle keeps on repeating.

Some early episodes may be flawed, but they're INTERESTINGLY flawed. Some are a lot like reading a Golden Age Batman comic actually - the plot may not be the best, but the atmosphere, emotion and energy are what make it worthwhile.

And a lot of those episodes people remember as being "bad" or "boring", those feature guys like Rupert Thorne or Roland Daggett - as a kid you thought they were lame compared to the costumed villains. But they were important, they were overarching antagonists that represented the corruption in Gotham City, that Batman fought white-collar crime and not just the poor or the insane, and that there were some bad guys that even superheroes can't put away in the end. That was real shit for a kids' show, so, you really have no excuse to skip those episodes as an adult.

And episodes like "See No Evil" won't be on anyone's "Must Watch" list, but then you'd never know all the amazing extra flourishes the animators put in, like this bit or that gif with the guy nervously eating a sandwich.

I liked See No Evil. It was touching, and the final fight was awesome.

Honestly I wouldn't hate Batman In My Basement so much if it wasn't for the fact that Penguin is in it.
Because Penguin is my favorite Batman villain and I adore his version in Batman TAS. But they just had to debut him in the worst episode, with the worst kid-friendly antics possible, as if people didn't already have a hard time taking Penguin seriously.
The episode itself is not that terrible, it's not offensively bad for a kid's show standards, but that's the thing: TAS had higher standards from the start. And this episode could have been told with literally any villain, and it still would have sucked, but for some reason it had to be Penguin, and it had to be his debut.
While they obviously redeemed themselves and the character with Birds Of A Feather, I hate the fact that TAS Penguin still had such a lousy debut episode, which I suspect is one of the reasons why he wasn't used more.
Oswald just can't catch a break.

Stop calling things you disagree with a meme. There are dozens of episodes of BTAS and it's not unreasonable that someone might want to narrow it down before jumping in. You're like the assholes who say not to listen to reviews and just watch every movie

>ctrl+f
>0 results for "His Silicon Soul"
What the fuck is wrong with you, Sup Forums?

"See No Evil" was an amazing episode, and I think you might be the only person I've ever seen on Sup Forums ever mention it in the past 9 years.

I'll never forgive the last episode of Justice League Unlimited. Terry being Bruce's son takes away all of the choice involved in him taking on the mantle of Batman and makes it into destiny bullshit. Even if Waller couldn't have predicted that Terry's father would die and he would don the cowl on his own, it still feels fucking shitty. Especially in the face of what Terry tells Bruce in Return of the Joker about it being HIS decision to be Batman.

Watch all of it, it is great. Not every episode is amazing but it is worth watching all because the standard is consistently high and you or anyone recommending stuff does not know which ones resonate with you specifically. If you skip episodes due to recommendation you are just to lazy to form your own opinions and it feels good to have a complete picture of a show, problems and all, as long as it was worthwhile at large.