WHY WON'T YOU FUCKING BUY MY COMIIIIICCCCCSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! REMEMBER I WROTE ULTIMATE SPIDERMAN

WHY WON'T YOU FUCKING BUY MY COMIIIIICCCCCSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! REMEMBER I WROTE ULTIMATE SPIDERMAN

Your comics?

I hated Ultimate Spider-Man.

Bendis is still one of the highest selling writers at Marvel. People buys his comics.

Have you ever noticed how most big american writers manage to live off their creator owned books, but all of Bendis' personal projects fail miserably?
It's almost as if his selling power is entirely based on editorial handing him over to the biggest franchises with the best artists and not actual talent.

how DARE you. I SO have talent you cunt. I MADE ULTIMATE SPIDERMAN

The comics that he writes.

he writes comics?

user, his highest selling book didn't even break the top 75 comics sold by Marvel.

b-b-but Ultimate Spiderman!!!!

He writes comics.

Sorry, sold by ANY publisher.

Aren't they turning one of his projects into a tv show?

They turned Powers into a show and it sucked ass.

no way

What happened? What caused him to become the shittiest writer right next to Slott?

USM wasn't THAT bad. Slott's She Hulk run was also comfy. What the FUCK happened?

Reality show. "Life with Bendis"

he phoned it in for a decade on the Avengers and was consistently a best seller, so he realized he can phone it in on all his books

Powers, Playstation funded it. It was mediocre, but only got cancelled after the second season.
The pilot comes free with every PSN account, there is literally no way to remove it from your library without hacking.

His adaptation for the avengers was half assed but sold well, so he probably forgot about how people worked and made characters he wrote as one dimensional as possible in all his other works

Bendis just became lazy, I think. He becomes motivated when he's writing ideas that he finds interesting - Dark Avengers was very good, for instance. I liked New Avengers too, for the most part.

Afterwards, sometime after Siege, I picked up one of his newer issues of New Avengers and - I shit you not - there were like 4 or 5 pages dedicated to the heroes discussing IN BATTLE whether or not any of them had seen Ghostbusters. I think the big 'game-changer' for that arc was that Iron Fist got a new costume.

I tried one of his more recent books out with the Planet Venom storyline in GotG. They used the same story like three times (Symbiote gets loose, attaches itself to a Guardian, 'hilarious' antics ensue) before retconning Venom in the worst, absolute worst, way possible.

He's just not a young, creative guy anymore. I don't think he honestly enjoys writing books like Guardians, or X-Men, or whatever. He churns that shit out for money and works on his pet projects (which aren't very good either anymore).

It sucks, and I wish I could just ignore him entirely, but his imprint on the Marvel line is so strong it makes me wonder how creatively bankrupt Marvel really is at this point.

>52% on RT
kek

I can't tell if this is real or not.

>Dark Avengers was very good, for instance
Are you kidding me? Dark Avengers was an exercise in making characters unlikable.

I can't say anything about his later books because I dropped him completely after Siege, but Dark Avengers was easily the worst thing he had written by then.

you better beleive it nigga.
>Bendis is so incompetent he made Thanos say "the people of earth...Hi" seriously

It depends on what criteria you're using though. Most people's creator-owned stuff don't sell as well as their mainstream corporate-owned work. Only exceptions I can think of are Walking Dead and Saga.

Remender, Fraction, Hickman and Brubaker were all Marvel "big-shots" for lack of better words, on par with Bendis, and they managed to quit corporate work entirely.

You mean this isnt illuminated?

>but Dark Avengers was easily the worst thing he had written by then.

Fuck no. I'd rather read his Dark Avengers over his Mighty Avengers. There is no way that's the worst thing he'd written by then when there's so much in the running like Disassembled or Secret Invasion.

I would definitely also take Dark Avengers over those What Ifs he did.

>REMEMBER I WROTE ULTIMATE SPIDERMAN
Yeah, and then you fucking ruined him with Miles.

Nah, he was already phoning it in before Miles came in.

>Thanos has guns now
THANKS BENDIS

I know that dialogue isn't real, but the funny and sad thing is, that said dialogue literally describes how his GotG run ended.

You don't need to sell as well when you get a bigger cut of the pie.

Secret Invasion was even good up until the last two issues, and I can't comment on Disassembled, but Mighty Avengers at least had a reasonable plot progression and some likeable moments. DA was just issue after frustrating issue of Sentry being sad and scared and Norman loosing it for no particular reason. I liked Dark Reign overall, but because of what other writers did with it.

Didn't even know this comic existed.

>wrote
>cliff notes spidey
Rewriting another creator's work is called plagiarism in every field outside of comics.
Comic soon, Ultimate Moby Dick, by BM B.

I had an old copy of Jinx, from nefore he struck it nig at Marvel. He gives writing advice in the afterword. His chief advice is to avoid copying other media.
Jinx is essentially a retelling of the Good the Bad and The Ugly. He then went on to write USM, which is dirivative, to say the least.
Zero self-awareness.

What about POWERS (volume 1) user?

Comic? Like funny books?

Powers didn't fail at all though, neither did Torso.

>he struck it nig at Marvel
I don't like that he turned both Spider-Man and Iron Man into blacks, but come on!

But the problem is that it's hard to tell if Bendis' Icon books fail because of your premise that Bendis' creator-owned work is worse than theirs, or because Bendis doesn't spend enough time on creator-owned. Powers hasn't been published in a long time and Scarlet started in 2010 and the 10th issue wasn't out till 2016. But their sales levels weren't far off from Sun Beyond Stars or Velvet or Satellite Sam.

He got luckier than the other writers in the sense that he ended up on the Creative Committee. Sure, Feige managed to push them away from the films, but Bendis would still be privy to what Ike wants to promote and do stuff in the comics to match that.

The real test is if he out of Marvel and focuses on creator-owned stuff. But I think at the moment, Marvel has too many incentives for him to leave.

That's true but at the same time Bendis did creator-owned for longer than Fraction, Hickman, and Remender (Torso, Jinx, Fortune and Glory, Powers--all stuff he had gotten praise for--were all published in 2000 or before) and so has a TPB backlog of stuff that, in theory, he should keep in print. Brubaker was in comics maybe during or a little before Bendis, but I think his more acclaimed creator-owned stuff came after the 90's. I might be wrong on that, though.

I think he wants to keep doing Marvel stuff partly for visibility. IIRC Ellis said that when he broke his "I'm no longer writing superheroes" rule and went to write Ultimate Fantastic Four, the sales on his Transmetropolitan TPBs went up.

That's not how plagarism works.

>Secret Invasion was even good up until the last two issues,

Really? I went back and read it and it didn't hold up that well as a whole, even before the last two issues.

Is this the Sup Forums version of todd howard

I guess OP was going for that.
He should've used Nick Spencer. But then he's not as recognizable around here.

USM had flaws that got worse and worse as time went on.
Early USM has a nice back and forth flow, yet it evolved into th insufferable Bendispeak. Editors didnt dare correct him, when fans tried to they were just called trolls, the comic kept selling so it kept getting worse. This is Bendis! He made Usm, he knows what hes doing!

Annoying back n forth repetition, bizarre ooc moments like Osborns relgious spell, complete disregard of continuity, superflous characters like Kong and his down right creepy obsession with Kitty Pride, memes and self referential humour, dropped plot points, replacing legacy characters with black teens, I could go on.

These were all small problems once, but no one can pull him up on them and he "doesbt listen to haters" so they soon snowball into complete horseshit.

Brubaker more acclaimed indie cam out after he went mainstream a lot of his early work while okay did not set the world on fire. He basically lucked his way into writing Batman and has been on the up since. It was when he started writing Criminal that he could be considered an Indie darling and that got help from Marvel.

Secret Empire threads seem like fun.

The Hi part is from his last GotG issue, Annihilus was the one that said it.

>Special Thanks credits for Spider-man Homecoming
>Bendis is top billed, even above Stan and Steve.

he always sucked

That image came from Bleeding Cool though

It sure as fuck is. if you rewrite a piece of prose fiction, give it the same name, use the same characters and only a few of the same scenes- it's fucking Plagiarism, user. I guess we could downgrade USM to copying since the orignal source is common knowledge, but it's still just using someone elses shit and slapping your name on it.

I know this is a parody but I like how Illuminated user kept the "Thanos, you're under arrest" thing because it's so bad it just deserves to be untouched.

Also pic related is why Mar-Vell is better than Carol.

>REMEMBER I WROTE ULTIMATE SPIDERMAN
This only adds to your list of atrocities. It isn't 'Bendis before he was bad' or 'the only good Bendis' it's just Bendis. It's shit just like anything else he ever touched.

Bevause they supposedly took inspiration from Ultimate Spider-Man.

Bendis must be wanking himself hard, I wonder if he made a post in his tumblr about Homecoming having him in the credits because he did for the other Marvel movies when he was in the Creative Committee.

but Slott's a good writer

So you made Spider Man into a spic nigger/nigger spic?

>Corporation asks writer to redo an old story they own outright
>It's plagarism, guys! XD

That other user is right, you really, really don't know what plagarism is.

>Literally can't remove it without hacking
Ke

Are you actually still in high school? Because you seem to have a really superficial understanding of plagiarism.

>Comic soon, Ultimate Moby Dick, by BM B.

No one would really give a fuck if he did Ultimate Moby Dick because Moby Dick is public domain.

>if you rewrite a piece of prose fiction, give it the same name, use the same characters and only a few of the same scenes-

Where is Mary Jane, Kong, Oscorp, Norman Osborn, and Otto Octavius in Amazing Fantasy #15?
Where is the part where Peter joins a basketball team in Amazing Fantasy #15?
Do you call the 90's Spider-Man cartoon or Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon or Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon or the Sony films plagiarism?

Bendis deserves flack for a lot of stupid shit he's done for the past decade or so but at least try to complain about something legitimate.