Paranatural General - Chapter 5 Page 209

>IT'S THE BIG FINALE

>wow way to ruin the victory streak ISAAC

This is probably Zack's best page as of late. If only the rest of the comic had pacing as good as this.

Is this building towards Isaac actually killing Garcia, or is he just destined for failure?

Why is the Warp overtaking Isabella?

I like seeing Max figure out how to make do with the spec shot and the bat, rather than this being another le epic anticlimax ecks dee. Can't help but feel like this could've been executed without most of the intervening pages. Paranatural could use an anti-director's cut.

Her turtle spirit used its power to FLIP her to the other side of the door.

This was done in literally like thirty pages and could've been done in five.

Hopefully he's done making every single page a complete clusterfuck now.

The pacing was never the problem. Zack's just purging too much subplots within a single chapter. Even if he wanted to rush the story quicker (like what he did with Forge's possession of Johnny really wished we'd see more of his notorious gang's mischief first before that big twist), all that cramming just makes you lose focus.

It's like if Zack wanted to cut this story's timeline to be shorter than he already planned...let's hope we'll get whatever payoff he's promised us for years at the end.

>killing Garcia
Nah, I think he's too precious storywise, even if he turns out to be isolated from paranatural society shenanigans.

>Paranatural could use an anti-director's cut.
I second that notion. I'm thinking doing so from Chapter 4's climax - felt like it was set up for a different route (Isaac and Max trying to cover up their paranatural blunders hinted close, for example) than what we ended up seeing in Chapter 5.

i like the whole batting the spectral shot, it shows that max hasnt surpassed his limitations but learned how to work around them. at the same time this moment would have been more impactful if it wasnt flanked by thousands of other things with varying levels of (un)importance going on

Max using his bat to hit his egg sac because he can't spec shot yet is a really cool idea. It really seems like it must have been something Zack thought of early on. Too bad the comic sucks now though

The issue is that he had to set up the Forge thing way in advance of Johnny actually becoming a spectral and doing ghost stuff, by his own rules.

ooh, combining using his black ghost mana thing as a projectile for the bat

I like it.

If you can tell what the fuck is going on in this page you probably have ADD.

Fucking this. It would've been so cool if Zach had executed the batting thing well.

>varying levels of (un)importance going on
But the Max-PJ/ Bat monster fight is the least important thing going on right now, it came from nowhere and has nothing to do with the chapter.

Yes, true, in the current arc of Chapter 4, it's not exactly relevant.
But what do you think is more important, Hijack the monster of the week who appeared from no where and seems to have no basis on the plot, or the development of the main fucking character?

So Garcia is definitely Cousinhood right? Or Werecar

I'd rather the plot development of the main character had been done on something relevant like whatever inevitable boss battle is at the end of this chapter. Rather than on the action version of the lesbian date.

Flip-Flop flipped the door too

I fixed the page.

The stakes will get sufficiently high, and then he'll awaken as a spectral at a plot important moment. Or he'll see something weird and freak out and cause a plot important moment. Or maybe just a wacky scene.

You mean, like earning his own spectrality? Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of a wack loose cannon like Johnny gaining spectral abilities. I just wish that the stakes can be pushed a little harder for Johnny until he's considered worthy enough to earn those powers, even if through sheer luck.

Like, he had already proven that he can do terror on his own normie self as the gang leader when he pokes Max's weakness by threatening him about getting "Mr Lightning Legs" and doing horrible things to him (pic related, and the page before that). He and his gang's hunt on both of the spectrals would be the defining moment for what makes the gang, and also Johnny, so infamous. Getting possessed on the same night and seeing shades on the next day seems...too easy for that, IMO. And now, it takes some ball game* to make him being introspective about his bullying that we, the audience, never really see him do before? And now he's chummy with one of the 'golden tickets'? Why that early?

[* one thing about Hitball: it should've been a later chapter on its own.]

1. Sorry I had to delete the original post, I forgot words (hence, ).

2. Didn't he already 'awaken' barely seeing the Doctopus on Max's broken arm?

I just hope I'm not seeing the abrupt swaying of Johnny's character plus the Gang's future role and plans, which is one thing I'm drawn to this. My doubts are also kinda partly because of me creeped out by Tumblr's recent romanticizing of Max/Johnny...it's like trying to pair up James Bond and Raoul Silva as spy boyfriends or something.

I want to fuck this face.

>THE BIG FINALE
Nah, we haven't got to the resolution with the kids. This is just the burning fuse before the climax.

Any fanart out of Johnny in that outfit yet?

This reminds me that I made an Sup Forums edit of this

I literally cannot tell what the fuck is happening

This page is so visually confusing what's going on here???

It did take me some time to figure out what Isabel was doing but I did remember eventually. Might have helped if they showed the turtle or its vessel. Or just had a sound effect "FLIP."

I think the rest of the page is pretty self-explanatory, though, even if the last panel takes some suspension of disbelief.

Flipflop activates his power, flipping Isabel out of Ms. Baxter's sight and also flipping the door.

Unable to fire a staight specshot, Max fires one into the air and hits it with his bat.

Ed regains his momentum with a push from Johnny and RJ.

Isaac fires lighting at Mr. Garcia, who redirects it with orange drink.

Amazing how much of a difference just a little color saturation can do to make something so drab and joyless seem a little better.

I bet you after all of this garcia isn't a spectral or anything.
All his cool moves were merely nonchalantlly flicking his juice box without paying attention.
It's supposed to be an epic twist and zach's very proud of it.

So is it safe to say that none of the teachers are Hijack's current host and this entire thing was essentially a massive waste of time?

So Isabel's power is literally *teleports behind you*?

a bit too much saturation and not enough balance. op from the previous threads did it better

the lightning is real, physical, and visible

Hijack is in the principal

I disagree with your assessment, that looks way better than the last few.

We called this before the altercation even started.

So what's the consensus? How long do you think we have left until this chapter is finally finished?
I give it a conservative estimate of early 2019.

Less than 50 pages, but only because

A. It will make the whole thing an underwhelming mess.
B. Zack is almost certainly aware that we're waiting to laugh at him when this chapter reaches half the comic's length and intends to stop that from happening.

Oh right...
Garcia is the character who maintains spectral power through a diet abnormally high in orange juice, that was mentioned way back when.

This comic has become such a clusterfuck that I can't even tell if you're joking.

It's a pretty funny nod if it weren't for the fact that this chapter is a shitshow

It was actually a joke from way back in the comic

So.. when do you guys think Zack will give up on his girlfriend and become redpilled?

Just as soon as his wrist heals. So, never.

Oh dear lord this coming joke is years in the making.

still looks like shit. I know you tried