How do they do it? why are Lego movies so good?

How do they do it? why are Lego movies so good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q0TP1SkdHr8
youtu.be/wGNlhTWBhHM
youtu.be/BzNAyZw7DF0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

they're fun and have an actual message instead of just being wacky and random for the sake of being random.

Clearly you didn't watch Lego Batman.

LB wasnt as good as the e orginal, but it ws great pastiche of everything batman.

..until the final battle with nobodies.

They're... well constructed.

I actually prefer the Lego Batman movie, it was soooo good. And like the best DC Film since TDK

youtube.com/watch?v=q0TP1SkdHr8

>gay love story isn't a message

?

youtu.be/wGNlhTWBhHM

Clearly you didn't. The message even had a song dedicated to it at the very end.

youtu.be/BzNAyZw7DF0

I loved the Lego movie but I honestly thought the Lego Batman was rather mediocre.

>How do they do it? why are Lego movies so good?
LM was good. Actually, very good, cause it was unexpected bunch of short scenes. LB is ok, and enjoyable to an extent. I wished they went full retard with all the batman ideas, but somehow it felt... held back.

maybe it was toned down, they had their braintrust tell them what not to do.

>Musk of the Phantasm
>Billy Dee Williams Harvey Dent

They have a very unique and positive energy to them that's been devoid of bigger animated films as of recent. They don't take themselves too seriously, but also don't make the lowest common denominator jokes out of laziness. You can tell a lot of effort went into them, and while they stick by certain rules, they throw in stuff to keep things interesting.

Also, I actually think Lego Batman was better than Lego Movie, entertainment wise. Which shocks me since I didn't expect LB to be good.

Are you talking about the Phantom Zone villains or the B, C,and D-listers that joined the final fight?

>We don't need a vigilante crimefighter anymore! Now you can spend some time with your family!

Why didn't he just go hang out with Emmett or Benny instead of moping?

Lego movies focus one the same thing the lego games and lego sets focus one, that one thing that can be surprisingly easy to overlook at times; Fun.

They're a love letter to and poke fun at their source material in a light hearted fashion, rather than hating it like many other adaptions seem to do.

lego ninjago looks bland and boring. i mean who gives a fuck about ninjago anymore

why not a chase mcain movie instead

>who gives a fuck about ninjago
Kids.