The Great X-Men Storytime - Vol. 5: Fall of the Mutants (Part 11)

Summer crossover time! It's the Evolutionary War from the X-Teams' perspective (sort of), part two! Now with more X-Babies!

PREVIOUSLY ON X-MEN:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pkdry54C0oU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

does Longshot do anything significant?
does the art improve?

Marvel early 90's annual art is truly shit. I have the X-Force omni, and Liefield legit looks okay next to some of the other artists in that book.

Also Art motherfuckin' Adams!

I know they have not aged well, but the nostalgia from these books is amazing; really ground breaking and original at the time too. Thanks user.

So yeah, Dazzler and Longshot got busy, it seems.

Liefeld isn't bad

He does the asgard stuff later too, right? They have aged like wine compared to some of the stuff Englert(for example) did in the 70's and a lot of the stuff that is coming out now already seens dated to me.

Dayum, that last panel tho

why is he hollow boned

I agree, I am just gun shy, so I dance around it.
I wish at least when people posted bad liefield examples they'd vary the images a little more.
I enjoyed the fuck out of X-Force and I. Eas sorry it ended so quick.

Asgard Wars already happened, my man.

He did that excellent New Mutants Special back when Loki was trying to romance Storm and Karma was fat from being possessed by the Shadow king.

Yeah, that's the one. Karma does the Balder wasteland waist reduction.

Because he's from Mojoworld.

He's a weird clone from the same dimension s Mojo

>asgard wars already happened.
Well, shit.

Longshot is too pure

That splash page is amazing. Adams has a remarkable sense of scale.

Colossus is of course thinking of that time way back when, when he banged a Savage Land lady.

Underselling it. After punching out a T-Rex he went off to have a threesome with two savage land ladies

Oddly enough, the first comic I ever read with Terminus in it wasn't a Marvel comic! JLA/Avengers, one of the very few Avengers comics I've ever read.

>that SHZAM inside Dazzler's laser
Masterful lettering work desu

That was a fun little story. Good shit, those Classic X-Men backups.

>Masterful lettering
Have we gotten to that issue where Silvestri visually shows Dazzler's power by having her pull the lettering out of speech bubbles? I swear that's a trick he used once

>that group picture

Hey X-user, how thorough are we being here? Have you been putting up guest appearances? The Iceman mini? Or is this just the core and solo books? Captain Britain's UK only stuff?

That white sheen on the black wasn't a good choice. Classic blue would've been better.

Ah yes, Zaladane. This character has a... pretty ironic fate, if certain rumors are to be believed.

>that THICC hair

Guest appearances for the most part no, although there have been exceptions. X-related minis like Iceman's, yes, I have storytimed that.
I also ran Captain Britain's Moore and Delano runs.

Everyone's hair is out of control when Adams is drawing.

>big guy

>How can I say no?
2pure

Whatta twist!

Teamwork, yay

I sure wonder who Petey Jr.'s father is!

The star is, of course, a sly little call-back to what Maddie was thinking about in previous UXM issues.

And now, Mojo time!

Heh.

god i'm so disappointed with Mojo coming back in Gold/Blue because they won't take the chance to be fucking brutally satirical

Bunn/Guggy are both boring as fuck, can't believe they get Soule to write Astonishing too
why can't my muties have fun writers again

Would you?

youtube.com/watch?v=pkdry54C0oU

>)
that's hilarious

It'd be great if they made fun of the relentless movie-making machine that is Marvel Studios. Unfortunately, there's a 0.00% chance of that ever happening under Disney.

I know, it hurts ;_;

Femneto is a legit 10/10.

Haha, I love babby Wolverine.

Ha!

Love it.

Remender sort of did when Mojo showed up in Uncanny Avengers

gimme that team

Sorry, I had to go look for the missing pages of this annual.

And now he's gone, left for greener, creator-owned pastures.

Bunn really shines when he's writing horror, they should give him Man-Thing

Now onto Web of Spider-Man... where I can't remember what the hell happened in this issue!

le bump, I am reading the previous uncanny x men storytime right now, then ill continue with this

Wouldn't that be Orzechowski's doing?

BAMF

IMO he got bad after the Marvel Exodus. Prior to that he was ok with some bad moments.

Colossus has a KID!!!!

what's the story on that girl bound to the ship?

And now, onto the climax!

That's Ricochet Rita, former stuntwoman, friend of Longshot that's trapped in Mojoworld, and the future Spiral

Oh, and visually based on writer Ann Nocenti.

I'm nacked right now, so I won't comment much if at all on these next two annuals. Neither of them are X-books anyway.