Well this is an unexpected crossover. Guess the Hori really loves Steven Universe...

Well this is an unexpected crossover. Guess the Hori really loves Steven Universe. Are there any other cases of Japanese creators drawing western properties they're fans of?

>All these cartoons
>they choose the worst one
Good job, nips.

aren't they going to introduce fusions to the show that are very su-looking?

>Japan likes LGBTQ: The Animated Series

Very disappointing.

It's a vapid, brightly-colored slog, that attempts to be profound while really just being vague and obtuse, while sprinkling in magical girls and bullshit about the power of friendship.

It basically takes all its cues from anime, so of course they're going to be drawn to it.

Rebecca Sugar and Ian JQ were drawn into some anime too, nips are crazy for SU

That's a shame.

>LGBTQ: The Animated Series
Mmmm, thats a lie.

Mostly just L.

What's next, Gumball and Kemono Friends + Love Live? If it happens i'm shitting my pants.

>some anime
The same anime even.

Yeah, they should watch some non LGBT cartoons like The Load House and Clarence

>All these memers hating SU on sight because they were told to.

Come on guys, this isn't Sup Forums.

Who made this?

Of course. Hori draws a good amount of SU fanart

The Boku no Hero Academia guy

Hori has worked on SU and even drew Ian and Sugar twice in the franchise. No shit he's going to like it.
There's concept art for fusion witches, but we don't know if they'll ever be used.

>b-b-but muh Loud House
Savino must own real estate in your head after beating your shit show in the ratings so much.

Dude just loves it. I'd love to ask him why he likes it.

>The Loud House
>two episode as opposed to a different series
>a show that takes on many things and not just LGBTUVWXYZ
>Clarence, the only gay thing is the Minecraft kid having two mothers
>somehow more LGBT than Stephen Universe

Sometimes talented creators have bad tastes, or wrong opinions. It happens.

imashi drew XJ9 and miniature multicolored equines, I can forgive that he watches SU

Stan Lee praised Go Nagai and the latter made some art for the japanese release of Marvel's Star Wars comics.

Also the Yugi-Oh creator and Mike Mignola are penpals

Trigger has a boner for the Crewniverse.

Have you watched Sailor Moon? Shit's gay as fuck.

Japan loves shows that should be actiony but end up being slice of life.

Trigger has boner for a lot of Western related things

He fucking guest animated on an episode, of course he's a fan

Probably doesn't hate fun, unlike Sup Forums

Y'all are such a bunch of contrarian fucks but outside of this shithole people aren't like that

>we will never get the Trigger Nextwave anime

Hori actually worked on Steven Universe, didn't he?

MIndful education, one of the better eps

Specifically some of the Stevonnie fight and the butterfly scene in particular, yeah? That was some good shit. I thought I had the webm but I don't

>the Stevonnie fight
No, it was one of the Crewniverse borders that did that scene.

Why can't all the fights be that good

no dawg, the butterfly scene onwards, sans steven and connie meeting at the house was basically all hori

unless you're talking about the beginning then yeah

It hurts to wake up in the morning.

I was talking about the Stevonnie vs Holo-Pearls fight

>Went to AX
>Annoyed because too much fucking SU cosplay and fanart in the Artist Alley
>See Rebecca Sugar and Ian JQ just standing around the area
>Nobody caring or noticing
>Go to Studio Trigger panel
>They're one of the last people to walk in, they sit in the back like the average attendee

I was so confused that they weren't getting VIP treatment or being mobbed by anyone.

He's a big fan of the series.

LWA (tv) was shit though, so I'm not surprised they'd liken it to Steven Universe

They also references gravity falls

I tried watching it and i got bored
Sorry but not everyone likes your shitty series user

That's super cool. Some westaboos are okay, don't be a trigger studios tomorrow.

yeah that was hori

No, it's two trigger members. The rest do not care. The thing about trigger is, it's transparent enough that hardcore fans know who is doing what. Thankfully the SU contamination is limited to only two staff members right now.

steven is looking a bit thin there
quick someone call the suicide hotline

>because they were told to
I watch SU because I get bored and will watch anything that updates frequently within reason. It's pretty awful. In every 50 eps you might have 5 good ones.

Its a pretty good show. Seems like you just have a stick up your ass, and don't enjoy fun.

I hate the show because it's artificially popular. It gets praise for its gay characters, having bits of continuity, and for having emotional moments. But there's severe writing problems, pacing problems, a lot of the dialogue is clunky, problems are dealt with anti-climatically, a lot of the emotional scenes come across as forced and overdone, the side characters are boring despite the town being part of the heart of the show.

It has way more problems than it does achievements, yet it's insanely popular for very superficial reasons like the creator is a popular bi-woman or because it has a lot of lesbian characters. It sucks that it currently acts as a framework for what is a "good" cartoon because I think we can do a hell of a lot better.

>artificially popular
That is not really a thing. It is either popular, or it isn't.

Have you ever considered that because something is not for you, that does not mean it is in fact bad?

SU is legitimately a bad show. I'm sorry Sup Forums isn't your safe space.

Or perhaps he has taste and you don't? I think that is more likely.

This is also a valid approach. SU as a phenomena is entirely superficial and political. The cartoon itself is at best nothing special and pretty bad at worst. If these people liked lore or continuity as much as they claim where is the massive Tron: U following. If they liked highly stylised anime action then where is the Motor City following. If they like dumb romance between autistic space creatures then where is the GL:TAS group.

People who like SU are more often than not like the AT fans of days gone by. They rarely watch cartoons but they make an exception for this one because it's "cool and in right now". They claim it does all these interesting things but it fails dismally when compared to its peers. The only reason it's managed to get enough popularity to get momentum and not be popular under it's own merits but as a phenomena was because:
O
MY
MINERAL
LESBIANS

Yes it is. It just depends on your frame work. Consider why something is popular. Popularity is usually associated with having a lot of people enjoy and preference the content of that attention. However, if something becomes sufficiently salient via a large genuine fanbase or controversy people will flock to it, not because of the content but because of the following and reputation. Horse did this. GoT does this.

I have no attachment to the so called political aspects of the show. I simply find it charming.

I think you just can't handle the fact that it is okay for people to like something you do not enjoy. That does not mean it is bad. It means it is not for you.

Or consider that maybe this things you call superficial has some legitimacy for others. And just because it lacks meaning for you does not mean it lacks meaning for others.

It most "artificially popular" thing I can name is Lucario.

Then by that token nothing is bad. Good and bad cease to be and we''re left with pure relativistic thinking with the factors 'for me' and 'not for me'. With such a framework I just could critique or say anything about ANY media. That's not practical or respectable.

>what do you think of my art
>the anatomy is all over the place
>it's just not FOR YOU
Sounds like you're Tom Preston, to be honest, fag

yes, technically, that is the extreme that art reaches. It is completely subjective when fully broken down.

However, SU, as far as I am concerned, has a lot of strong writing, and a charming visual style.

It has some weak episodes, but I don't think it is good simply because it is pushing an agenda. I think it is good because it has a good bit of heart to it.

Shit, you DO sound like Tom Preston.

Except that isn't the case. People who had no prior interest in fantasy like GoT and they've expressed no further interest. They wouldn't have liked the show if they weren't able to talk about it with all their friends and feel cool and in the know.
You are wrong. It's a psychological social phenomena. Does that take away from the purity of enjoyment? No. Does that mean the media in the centre of this attention has garnered love for reasons beyond the content of the show? Yes indeed.

Having been raised on a diet of Space Channel B-movies and kung-fu flicks the Good/Bad scale of judging things was nipped at the bud for for.
Entertaining/Not Enteraining are how I categorize things now.

at the bud for me.*

Sounds like you guys simply cannot handle the fact that people can enjoy stuff without it being about political agendas.

faggots.

Someone needs to post actually good western and eastern crossovers

>this isn't Sup Forums
>artificially popular

Are you sure?

>faggots

Uhh, bigot much?

I have two scales. How much I enjoyed and how good it is. Like with your B-movies I am aware I can enjoy bad things. I think Food Fight is fucking hilarious, but that doesn't make it a good film.

No, actually it sounds like I made a robust argument that addressed the 'it's all subjective' line of logic, smashed it and left you with nothing but 'you hate the politics' as a last line of defence.

I didn't say you thought it was good purely for its agenda, though that is the source of adoration for many. What I am saying is a LOT of people like SU for the agenda which made a large group and eventually that group hit critical popularity mass. Once you're at certain popularity levels people come to the media not for the content but for social interests.
What I am saying is, while you may like SU I do not believe the content of that media justifies or has generated its following.

Ok. Have Hellboy wearing a Yugi t-shirt.

I like most of those shows you just talked about
just because the masses are political sheep doesn't mean you need to be a cynical douche who hates things because other people like them

That's not true at all. Some people like to jump on shit that's popular to capitalize on the benefits of liking something popular. Look at the vast amount of articles SU gets after an episode airs or Sugar has an interview. You think the authors writing those articles give a shit about SU? No, they're mostly doing it for clicks. There's also many artists who draw SU just for the notes or likes. There's also a lot of people who watch SU because a lot of their friends like it and they want to be part of the group, too.

There's also the other end of the spectrum where a studio pushes something in the face of the public enough until people THINK it's popular. Like TTG, it's only "popular" because it's the only shit airing, so by default, it's going to get the most ratings.

I never said that. I said I watch the show (mostly because I get bored) but that means it meets my standards enough to watch it. I don't hate blindly and I don't hate without restraint.

We both know it has gotten where it is today because of those masses and because of that they're relevant in any genuine appraisal of the show.

The show is rather weak. Most of S1 sucked ass. Most of the songs are bad. The action sequences are sometimes good (for the west) but it relies on anime too much. It's politics is awful and inserted everywhere. Towny episodes suck, but they didn't used to quite as bad as they do now. With the plot ramping up most of the in-between episodes feel meaningless especially when they're vacuous towny shit or a repeat of the last moral gem lesson. That the actual narrative is limited to 3 eps in every 25 is absolutely awful.

I agree with this guy. Shit's cute.

Hidekaz Himaruya's love of western adult cartoons and history is why Hetalia exists.

God, trigger is such a trash studio. Why must they ruin the Gainax legacy?

Gumball x kill la kill. This needs to happen

Greed. They wanted to prove they can do it better than daddy and look at them now. Washed up on the side of the road. Only LWA (OVA) and Inferno Cop to their name

the only thing smashed here is your butthole
>most of S1 sucked ass
I disagree completely, Season 1 had the strongest writing out of all the seasons.

It had the most consistent. It also did the SoL best. The best episodes are not in S1- it doesn't have the strongest writing.

A good chunk of the top 10 are S1 episodes, in my opinion.

Here you go.

The point is I'm not entirely unreasonable and I'm not uninformed either. I'm just harsher on the show than you would like.

Flcl and Panty and Stocking did a South Park reference.

>sincerely, McDeep Lorefag, never noticed this story was already done in DBZ and Transformers

That's a pretty appropriate pic. I watch SoL shows all the time. SU is just a SHIT SoL. Steven is not a likeable character unless there's a palpable conflict introduced.
Just look at the Lars and the fillipino cake episode. Fucking awful.

Eh I dunno, early steven was a shit, late steven is fine but he's on lore episodes which have totally lost the focus of season one, its adventure time all over again, the best versions of characters are being used in the worst seasons possible, people are gonna rapidly lose interest

But they represented a meme culture in a non-offensive manner! Totally worth preserving.

Wasn't this image made along with him saying he wanted to work with the crewniverse again?

Hirohiko Araki did some promo art for a few american films

>best versions
No adventure time died to character assassination. Nothing more.

No, Hori only did the butterfly scenes. The fight was actually boarded inhouse here, probably later animated at the Korean studio.

grass finn couldve been great but he was nothing but a stupid reference to continuity

same happens to lots of characters like him
but yeah, rip in reeses

well sugar made a cameo in the second movie so

...Is....Is that Gremblo?

I forgot who drew this one, but it's from Trigger too. I think Imaishi? Yoshinari did Sucy on the stream.

>Pick a shit tier SJW show
>Not a crossover with Loud House

Shit taste, Japan