LOOKING FOR A CARTOON TO BINGE THAT I CAN ENJOY AS AN ADULT

LOOKING FOR A CARTOON TO BINGE THAT I CAN ENJOY AS AN ADULT

...Help?

I've watched all of: Classic Simpsons, Rick and Morty, Bojack Horseman, and Home Movies.

The Boondocks.

Aqua teen hunger force

Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law, Mike Tyson Mysteries, Venture Bros, Spawn the Animated Series

King of the Hill

Venture Bros.

Futurama is must watch. at least the first 4 seasons. the other seasons are fine, but the first 4 really stood out to me. Archer and Bob's Burgers as well. Both of the shows star H. Jon Benjamin, the guy who voiced Jason and Coach in home movies.

f is for family.

it's MUCH better than it looks.

Watch The Maxx if you want something other than an animated sitcom. It's pretty deep and was well regarded back in its day. The comics are even better.

second season was just the mom making a thing, son being annoying, other son being horny, and no character development of the girl

>Frisky Dingo was literately made to be binged. Only two seasons, good humor, and one overgoing plot involving superheroes/villains, merchandising, death rabbits, and the presidential election.

>Venture Bros. It starts off a little rough as a parody of Johnny Quest before growing into it's own thing. Good animation, action, writing, characters, and continuity. Been on since 2002, not even 80 episodes, and plenty of time before season 7 premieres by at least 2019

>Clerks: The Animated Series. Loosely based off the original Clerks movie but more cartoonish, its pretty funny, full of meta humor, and it only takes 2 hours to watch since it only has 6 episodes.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Seriously, OP. Watch King of the Hill. Other than older Simpsons eps, no other adult cartoon comes close to how much I enjoyed this show. I just wish it was still on Netflix

Alternatively, Bob's Burgers is also an option but I don't find it as good as KotH personally even though the two are seen as similar.

fucking this

Season 1 of Xavier, Renegade Angel.

If you like puns and don't cotton to freaks around these parts, it's the show for you. FYI, season 2 has no quality at all other than trying to have a coherent plot that works out worse than the episodic nature of season one with a generic goal in mind to reach by the end.

original Teen Titans
Phineas & Ferb
South Park?

>making it sound worse than it actually is

Venture Bros

>he hasn't watched Venture Bros yet
are you retarded?

The Maxx

>adult
>watches cartoons
Yeah sure

Archer

>original Teen Titans
He said he wanted something he could enjoy as an adult. The original Teen Titans is the one of the most immature shows that aired at the time. It's full of weeby reaction faces and cheesy dialogue. It's really not rewatchable as an adult, go try it again.

It was a damn good show as a kid though.

>m-my cartoon is for adults! b-b-b-b-b-b-because t-t-they say bad words! grown ups stuff, a-am I right?

If you like BoJack Horseman, there are also some other Netflix original adult animated series like F is For Family, and also Castlevania: The Animated Series.

I haven't watched F is For Family yet but people are saying it's really good, but I did watch Castlevania and it was really great.

I'm genuinely surprised if you still laugh at the jokes in Teen Titans. 50% of the jokes are just anime reaction faces.

It's not the "bad words" that make adult cartoons funnier, it's the fact that they can get into more ridiculous shit and there's no limiting factor.

Like in Venture bros, Hatred being a pedophile or like that scene where Hank and Dean's "mom" wanted to shove them up her coochie to give birth to them and officially be their mother.

You can't do shit like this in kid's cartoons. They're charming, but sometimes it's good to watch mature toons.

The Venture Bros. and F is for Family

Moral Orel
Futurama Seasons 1-4

have you seen Duckmam yet?

>implying I actually watch Teen Titans

>You can't do shit like this in kid's cartoons. They're charming, but sometimes it's good to watch mature toons.
Yeah not really, they just market them at insecure adults and kids who want to feel older

Ugly Americans. Gone too soon.

Mighty Magiswords
Star Vs.
Gravity Falls
Ed, Edd, n' Eddy
Courage The Cowardly Dog
First 3 seasons of Spongebob
DCAU old and new
Spectacular Spider-Man
Avengers: EMH

>they just market them at insecure adults and kids who want to feel older
Why would I want to feel older? Take off your nostalgia glasses for a second.

Why would I watch a kid's cartoon with heavy handed morals when I can watch ATHF, Frisky Dingo, Venture Bros, Harvey Birdman, etc.? Adult shows are capable of so much more, if you don't watch the edgy shit that take too much advantage of adult themes, of course.

Insecure adults (you) and KIDS who want to feel older (not you)

There's nothing wrong with craving mature themes as an adult.

If anything YOU are the one who wants to feel younger and relive the kid days.

Just try whatever seems interesting and keep going if you like it.

>Adult shows are capable of so much more, if you don't watch the edgy shit that take too much advantage of adult themes
And yet anime doesn't have that problem and is way more varied, despite how much they copy each others... Interesting.

You keep saying it's "mature" as if that's some objective truth.

>And yet anime doesn't have that problem
sorry what did you mean by this? That Anime doesn't get edgy at times?

>Mighty Magiswords
>Star Vs.

Not edgy, but pathetic.

Metalocalypse
Don't weep that it's gone, smile because it happened.

Those shows are objectively mature according to TV parental guidelines.

>TV-MA
>This program is specifically designed to be viewed by adults and therefore may be unsuitable for children under 17

So, yes, they are objectively mature. That is the correct terminology.

Everyone knows that's not going to stop children.

By mature it just means a show that doesn't even need a PG+ rating, just one that is grounded and can deal with serious issues sometimes and doesn't exist to retool "school picture day" or "upcoming math test" ideas that every cartoon does if they're just there for the creator's check and isn't it's own thing

Seconding this guy. Maxx is cool.

The original Liquid Television
Aeon Flux
Daria
Spice City
Spawn

I don't know how people can binge Xavier I can barely get through one episode at a time. that show is one of the dumbest mindfucks i've ever watched

this

You binge watch it multiple times just to see jokes you missed

Venture Bros and F is for family

moral orel, superjail, wonder showzen, downtown, the brak show, lucy the daughter of the devil

gumball

>AS AN ADULT
protop: being an adult does not automatically stop you from liking certain cartoons. get over yourself

F is for family

All of these

>not wanting to experience the suffering

Yes it does, being a grown up means swearing

>recommend me something
Fuck off and go to

Camp Camp

not OP but would I get KotH as a european or is it based heavily on american culture?

Over the Garden Wall, although not an adult show is brilliant and can definitely be enjoyed as an adult.

Moral Orel, I can't recommend it enough, Duckman, Harvey Birdman, Aquateen, Downtown, Dr Katz.

VERY based, but the show is about the characters and their world, not "DUDE CHUCK MANGIONE I KNOW THAT REFERENCE I CLAPPED"

This is not Sup Forums

I live in the same place the creator grew up, and honestly the only thing you're missing is how true some of the shit is. Its the type of show you don't really appreciate until you've gotten a good understanding of all the characters imo so it might seem slow at the start.

Tripping the rift
The critic
The PJs
Lil bush

And?

Venture Bros

Also, binging is bad for your health.