Can we talk about the upcoming Spider-Man game for a minute...

Can we talk about the upcoming Spider-Man game for a minute? Its been god knows how long since we got a game not tied to a movie, will Insomniac pull it off? Who do you want/expect to show up in the story? What costumes should they add? Will Miles actually do anything in the game?

I was interested before E3.

Gameplay looks boring.

Thats because you've already seen most of it in every Arkham game. If they do a half decent video showcasing how web swinging works, people might get more excited or outright ditch it. I just hope it isnt a QTE mess like the ASM games

Exactly
I was bored of Arkham's gameplay before forcing myself to finish City.

I doubt more of that plus QTEs, swinging, and Miles is going to sell me.
Including Miles is a massive red flag for the plot.

It looked incredibly bad but people were praising it as if it looked good. I'm not sure if they were all joking or not.

Western markets love Arkham combat. The game, admittingly, has amazing graphics so of course they love it.

If hes a minor role, or hell, doesnt even get powers, Id be ok with it. The Miles push is annoying enough already in comics. Really they need to drop a villain trailer or something because god knows Mr Negative isnt going to wow anybody
People desperately want a non shit Spidey game and they get reeled in with promise of a new one, not tied to a movie. They could easily turn on it though

>ASM games
>QTE mess
I think you mean Spider-Man 3. ASM games toned it down so much you don't even notice it.

I was excited because I thought maybe we could get some classic Peter adventures but then E3 happened
>Miles
>Slott characters

I liked the stealth gameplay of Noir in Shattered Dimensions a LOT, but this seems really shallower, with Batman gadgets and shit. Much less inventive.
Also the swinging is not the same system they used in Spider-Man 2, the movie game, I read someone say. That's pretty dogshit.

Oh, yeah... also forgot about Miles. Good lord, that completely turned me down.

I'm surprised Mr. Negative stayed for so long. He's one of the most boring "Jekyll and Hyde" characters out there.
Then again, all BND villains sucked. I'm all for new villains, but if shit like Freak, Menace or that paper bitch is all you can offer, maybe you shouldn't even try.

It looks okay. Nothing else. The thing is, for a Spider-Man game, "okay" is miles above pretty much just about every single other open world installment.

The only thing people like 2 for are the webswinging mechanics, while the game built around it is just so damn generic and unsatisfying as a beat em up. The open-world games only progressively got buggier while constantly having you swing around slightly differently designed versions of New York.

They added more stuff into the games, sure. QTE's, stupid decision-making segments to branch the story, a progression system for unlocking combat moves, and of course Arkham-style combat that plagues action games now. You know, every corporate mandated copy-cat design choice based on what is popular. But they never take the opportunity to actually develop and improve what was already there.

It's all just the same from game to game, only it seems to either get worse or just stagnate. It'd be nice if punching mooks in the jaws felt even half as satisfying as those old SNES and Genesis/Mega-Drive beat-em-ups if I'm not going to get a half-way competent combat system anyway. Hell, even just having Spider-Man swing around in a city that wasn't New York for a game would have been a welcome breath of fresh air for the open-world entries.

I look at this new Spider-Man and all I really feel is that, it doesn't look great but it also doesn't stink of Activision anymore. I'm not expecting much, just nice presentation and hopefully the Arkham combat is a bit more polished than it was in the Amazing games.

Spider-Man just can't "wow" anybody with webswinging in a open environment anymore.
Even if they made it exactly how everybody wants it, the novelty of swinging around a city as Spider-Man is really the only thing the open-world games have ever had going for them. It's been done to death.

I'll still try it. I've played just about every other Spider-Man game there is. I just know better to have my hopes up.

just explain that shitty costume as something peter made to fight the big bad and that he wears his classic costume in the story

This. I was expecting something fresh but it's kinda samey.

The only thing that can ruin this game is the synergy... and there are no synergy!

I just want best costume

lol literally only mexicans like 2099 and that shitty set of rags.

As I'm getting older more and more games just look pathetic to me. Having a QTE fest where Spider-Man doesn't kill anyone (powerbombing Jay and Silent Bob off buildings in Spider-Man 2 was fucking gold) and having swinging that has motion physics is treated as a goddamn achievement when we've seen that shit better in older games. I swear to christ every game I've seen in the past five years is the same recycled shit we've seen before only worse. I don't want to sound like a jaded adult but fuck, it's like game devs are just assuming we're willing to forgive their stream of fuckups because they made a "good game".

Web of Shadows looked better than this. It's combat system also looks infinitely more intersting than what we're getting. And acting like motion based physics is a fucking achievement is a slap in the face to everyone here that played prior Spidey games. Anyone who's stoked about this deserves to be taken out back behind a building and mercifully shot in the back of the head because their asinine like for this game is everything wrong with gaming as a whole.

That's a good one but

i love this costume lol

Preach brother.

Also here are my favorite Spidey Games.
1. Ultimate Spider-Man (GC)
2. Spider-Man (PS)
3. Spider-Man 2: The Sinister Six (GBC)

Runner Ups
1. Web of Shadows
2. Spider-Man: The Movie
>Having Green Goblin as an unlockable character was fucking insane. And I want to emphasize UNLOCKABLE! Not some bullshit DLC.

I want them to add either the Assassin Spider-Man or Superior Spider-Man costume. Then again, both are a variation of the Alex Ross costume concept, so eh... I'm not too picky.

Miles might be dlc, but I doubt he'll be in the base game.
I heard it's basically going to be like the Batman Arkham games, just flashier and with web slinging. So if that's what they deliver, I think I can be happy with than.

I only wish playable Goblin had his own combos though. They put so much effort into glider and bombs, but never bothered to give him a separate from Spider-Man fighting style

You're not wrong.

In hindsight, Spider-Man: The Movie is just a beefed up version of the prior two Playstation games so if anything I should probably put Spider-Man 2: Enter Electro but that game was so goddamn punishing. Being able to take your favorite Skin and attach powers was fucking god tier, but those bosses were something else. Shocker being the biggest kick in the dick I've experienced in gaming.

This

I wanted to see MJ at the end of the trailer not that black kid

They usually have QTE's in major conference trailers because they're the most cinematic in nature.