Spider-Man: Homecoming

Ok since all the other damn threads are bait threads let's discuss the movie

Just got back from watching it, it's extremely good.

>all those Vulture scenes
>if I knew him he would be dead

Fucking nice

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J3zdFNGiLWY
youtube.com/watch?v=J5yJatEsA8Q
youtube.com/watch?v=Gm1evWMkwVo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Pretty much the best after credits sequence.

Lizard prison scene done right

> When he gets to Liz house and Toomes opens because he's her dad

For real I thought that he was going to kidnap her or some shit because they foreshadowed him realizing Spider-Man was in high school, but holy shit I didn't see that coming

When all the rubble is on Pete and he's crying out that got me a little bit. Loved the man in the chair stuff, Vulture was amazing.

I could actually feel the tension in that scene

shit, another thing from TASM this did better

It was good but no fucking way in hell is it 94% fresh good. Just like Wonderwoman I suspect massive employee vote up ratings.

>TASM this did better
>ASM doing anything better

No.

He means that this movie did that concept better

To hell with Michelle, I want Mary Jane

It's the best Spider-Man movie after 2. I can't possibly understand why so many people here are trashing it after liking hot garbage like Civil War (shakey cam and quips during every action scene) or Guardians of the Galaxy.

SM2>Homecoming>SM1>SM3>ASM1>ASM2

This is objectively the only correct ranking.

This is literally the perfect Spider-Man movie. I tried thinking of something objectively wrong with it, and I can't. It is so fucking good.

The soundtrack was generic MCU shit

This, but SM2=Homecoming

You think Keaton will come back for another go? I really do want the Sinister Six made reality. If we have to do repeats, Im fine with Otto and Rhino being given another shot. Mysterio is a must though

I'll give you that, but that original spidey theme at the beginning was good shit

Go by the average rating section, not the tomatometer for what you are referring to.

The percent on Rotten Tomatoes just meant that 94% of the reviews were positive reviews, not a rating out of 100.

Will the Sinister Stick become the Rogues to Peter's Flash?

Every red quipster needs an honorable villain with a furry collar.

>Karen is fucking hot and I can't explain why

Why was Karen hot. WHY.

They didn't even use it again after the fucking opening. It's the most hype track in literally the entire MCU and they used like 25 seconds of it.

>Having criticism is bait

youtube.com/watch?v=J3zdFNGiLWY its so good

I claim Karen as my waifu

She is mine and no one else's

That after credits scene got me good.

The criticism on this board can be condensed to "REEEE NIGGER MARY JANE" "WHY DOES MARVEL HAVE A NIGGER FUCKING AGENDA" or "THIS ISNT A 94% MOVIE REEEE". That's literally all I've seen since this movie came out. I like coming to Sup Forums because people are generally level headed here, but this movie has sent people into a tizzy.

No, because The Rogues are just trying to make a buck while The Sinister Six fucking hate his guts and want Peter dead. Scorpion is already on board, Toomes might later resent Peter

Michelle was the worst thing in this fucking movie. A complete cunt with shit acting. It gives me the impression they tried to make her into a Daria-esque character but failed miserably.

meant to quote

Man, the theatre was in an uproar.

It was a crystallization of the themes of Spider-man stories being a conflict between Peter and Spider-man's responsibilities.

>all that shit she went through
>nothing to make up for it in the end
>probably hates Peter now
What are the chances this qt is gonna appear in the sequel?

PENIS
PARKER

>asm1 worse than sm3

Clearly you don't read comics.

Homecoming>ASM1>SM2>SM>ASM2>SM3

I thought she was funny. I liked when she flipped Peter off. It's obvious she's going to grow as a character throughout the movies.

If they wanted to make Mary Jane black, they should've chosen her and her story arc. Would've been a more interesting take on the character than the crap we got.

wow, I thought the "ASM films are good!" contrarians had all banished after SONY bended over to Marvel

SM2>SM1=Homecoming>SM3>ASM>ASM2

Considering her attitude, can we expect her to wear a t-shirt that says "Jet fuel can't melt steel memes?"

>It was good but no fucking way in hell is it 94% fresh good
That's not how it works you fucking retard. The movie could have been a 6.9 all across the table and still managed that score. I personally wouldn't call it a 7.7 either, but still.

>ASM1 better than SM2
I love both movies, but look at what you just typed and tell me you honestly think that's true.

Captain America parts were funny

Any hope of this finally happening?

Best Spiderman movie
Does the best job of establishing the right mix of wimpy nerdiness but brave selflessness that the other ones couldn't do

>Most of Ned
>Karen
>Happy

I haven't ever laughed this consistently at the jokes from a Marvel movie

>Liz
>Aunt Tomei
>That Karen voice
>Betty Brand
>Michelle too

Why haven't Peter balls exploded after being surrounded by such qts and only getting blue balled

2 had an excellent balance of that...

>I'm not obsessed with him, I'm just observant
>Hannibal waving when the Captain America video introduces the gym teacher
>Penis Parker
>intimidating voice

Kek'd at all that and more

Closer than the rest but I still couldn't really see past Tobey's wimpiness

I wish they actually just stuck with that as the main theme. I was really disappointed when the main track sounded like some generic Avengers music.

>Anything coming close to SM2
Homecoming came close

That what I was thinking
If they took out the names you'd guess she was Mary Jane
"Michelle" is a cunt regardless of who she's supposed to be

>I suspect massive employee vote up ratings.

Whenever you begin to feel like this, remind yourself that this isn't sane.

>I can't possibly understand why so many people here are trashing it

Sup Forums is reflexively contrarian.

Toomes just wanted to make a buck too. He was trying to provide for his family. Even at the end he clearly doesn't personally hate Peter.

Idg why people didn't complain about Kirsten Dunst's MJ. She treated Peter even worse than the Homecoming one did, and the Homecoming one is just joking 99% of the time.

Very unlikely. I think the Shocker we got in SM:HC is as close as we'll ever get. They even make fun of the name and costumes in general in the movie.

agreed, she was not a likeable character at all. I actually really liked homecoming, it felt like the characters were actually in hs too

It's okay to be wrong.

And yet we're stuck with her, arent we?

And even though it was a genuine surprise, they did a good job in retrospect of foreshadowing it. Toomes was constantly talking about his family. I can't remember if he specifically mentioned a daughter, but I know he said he had a kid several times.

kirsten dunst's mj wasnt glamourous or flirtious party girl and never grew into a more interesting person or love interest. she was pretty bland and pretty mean for no reason. If anything, they'll grow this michelle character over the course of the trilogy if shes the new mj, and I dont see why they wouldnt make her likeable considering homecoming did pretty damn well regardless of how salty people on this board are

"I know what a girl sounds like"
"I'M A BOY"

This is a more reasonable scale, yes. Holland could have afforded to be a lot more insecure out of the Spidey Suit and thrown down a lot more, though.

I do have one minor complaint
Sometimes this shit gets too self-referential
Are girls seriously going to keep playing Fuck, Marry, Kill with the Avengers especially since it's been a while since they did anything THAT massive

They did address my concern about showing a video staring a fugitive and that was pretty awesome
I totally thought they would just skim over that

Uh...you think that if super heroes appeared in real life, they wouldn't be all everyone talked about 99% of the time, especially teens? That's pretty realistic

his reaction when he was under the rubble was great, though. I was surprised that they actually let him portray him so out of it, it felt real. it was a nice change. really reminds you of how bad garfields portrayal was

I liked the new MJ but it was really obvious who she was from the very start. They dedicated way too much time to her for it to be subtle.
Which, yeah, Spider-Man films don't have to be subtle, but I seriously cannot believe Keaton said the words "you go around with that glove calling yourself... the SHOCKER."

Like seriously dude
Please

That's not even funny like IT'S YOU WHO'S OUT GOBBY, it's just bad writing
There was no part where Peter goes "what're you some kinda Vulture?" so why was there one for Shocker?

So how is Bane going to be Venom if Flash was a kid in this movie? Is Venom not gonna be Flash?

theyre being treated as being in separate film universes

Yeah she was a stain on that movie
But whatever Michelle was backfired
I guess she supposed to be quirky but have MJ's firey attitude
Neither really act like Mary Jane

I also like the story Arc and fights in this one better
It seemed smaller than Spiderman 2 even though in the grand scheme it probably isn't

>interrogation mode

>this thread
Damn, and I thought "Sup Forums shills for mcu" was just a meme. This movie is barely even a Spider-Man movie.

i'm surprised that Evans appeared for that much. that was a nice "this is a shared universe" touch that you would expect in a comic.

I really like the movie, both main character and main villain played each other well, the humour was better than most of MCU, no out of place humour like Doctor Strange.

I do wish the action could've been better though, it was decent but weak compare to Raimi's trilogy

>Venom not in MCU

F U C K

The Sony one? Confirmed to be Eddie.

>it was decent but weak compare to Raimi's trilogy
I don't even like the ASM films, and I thought those had better action scenes than this one.

Right after the first Avengers thing sure
But it's been a while
If they was just talking about how cool Spiderman was and how no one knew who he was that would have been more believable

youtube.com/watch?v=J5yJatEsA8Q

Of course not, since Agent Venom is actually a well developed and interesting character who would make a good movie, and Sony is in charge of the Venom movie so it's going to be dogshit, so they will not go with the good option and just make it about Eddie Brock again since that's the obvious option.

The action scenes were the only thing that the Amazing Spider-Man movies really did right.

that was some good acting and reminds you he's only 15, but also necessary to make him saving himself seem more badass

So seriously, why couldnt spiderman punch. Most other MCU heros can fight. What is Disneys deal?

I held in a lot of pee for this.

youtube.com/watch?v=Gm1evWMkwVo

I ran to pee during the credits and the janitor guy tried to stop me from leaving because there was another scene

Then it was this

Also,
>Americans clapping at the movie theater

My only real complaint with this movie is that Miles exists.

The car ride scene after that was the most intense thing I've seen in a super hero movie in a long time.

Why are they so eager to make a venom movie?
They're never gonna be able to get Holland's Spiderman the symbiote

This didn't bother me until it got to the major fights with Shocker and Vulture. It was really obvious how badly he was trying to avoid in directly hitting them.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who found that scene super scary.

>ASM movies
>Good
Oh my god. I just rewatched them and they were fucking garbage. Even the first one. Fuck off.

Miles? Was I suppose to notice him? Was he that nerdy black kid on the Quiz team?

Probably because he has no training
Also it's easier to design fight sequences where he doesn't punch because can't he punch with tons of force? It would be over instantly

I think Tom's real life best friend would unironically be a pretty good Harry Osborn. He's an actor too.

No
He's the nephew of Donald's Glover character

Donald Glover: "my nephew lives around here"