How is it that one of the dumbest looking characters in the history of comic books is also one of the most dangerous...

How is it that one of the dumbest looking characters in the history of comic books is also one of the most dangerous characters?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=K1MZIU_feIk
youtu.be/20cPIkXXhK4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

when i was a kid and only knew him from the PS1 Spider-Man game I thought he was a shapeshifting energy being who could mimic others' powers and basically an unstoppable badass,

Until you punch him with one hit and his fishbowl falls off.

That had me pissing myself with laughter.

How is that dumb looking. Looks neat

That's exactly what Mysterio wants you to think, so that could arguably be one of the best interpretations of him.

He's an illusionist, he knows how to fuck with people's minds.

You take that back he's my favotite supervillian design ever

YOU look neat.

He looks great you turbopleb!

Mysterio's costume is GOAT

>practical effects villain
>movies no longer use practical effects

I feel like you could reboot Mysterio a tiny bit to reflect this fact instead of him just getting fired for being a weirdo.

They wouldn't want to draw attention to the fact that their movies have become CGI shitshows

Mysterio > Scarecrow
Prove me wrong

Comes with the territory.

The fact that mysterio has been shafted in not 1, but 2 spider universes makes me so sad. If this new spider-man series actually takes off he had better be in the next fucking movie.

I guess, you could sort of do the same thing with Clayface, the one that was an actor, since makeup made him into Clayface and even makeup is CGI now.

He used holograms in the 90's show

thanks user

We may never see this casting choice in a live-action film, but there needs to be some cartoon or vidya where Mysterio is played by Bruce Campbell.

which is a practical effect, he recorded something and displayed it holographically.

He didn't create a 3D model and then mocap that model and then display that as a hologram.

He wasn't talking to you bud

He does the whole "master of illusions" thing without being tied to a stupid fear gimmick or a wildly inconsistent characterization (even by cape standards), and his costume is way fucking better.
I'd say yes

>Back off, I saw him first!

I'm sure there's plenty of him for the both of you.

No, just feels a little cringy to see someone acting like another poster. Like genuinely sad

Yeah, it makes me want to vomit.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=K1MZIU_feIk

I like that they actually got Tobey Maguire, but why couldn't they have gotten JK Simmons as well? Dude they got for Jameson sounds nothing like him. Not quite my tempo.

> dumbest looking

S-Sure, dumb...

What if Mysterio were a Doctor Strange villain?

>guy who pretends to be magic against the guy who actually is magic

Pretty dumb

Mxy is Nyralahotep but less evil.

>Nyralahotep
Nailed it.

That describes a lot of Spider-Man's enemies.

>Green Goblin
>Dr. Octopus
>Shocker
>Vulture
>Kraven
>Electro
>Rhino

How is Vulture dangerous?

Mysterio hard counters anyone with resistances to telepathy or hallucinogens like fear gas. He can get you to do practically anything without physically touching your mind at all. With this, I suppose Daredevil hard counters Mysterio in turn unless he can trick all 5 senses at once

>5 senses
Fun part is, he only needs to trick 4!
Imagine: Mysterio´s trickiest illusion doesn´t even need sight. it could look like a cheap greenscreen effect, and would do the trick as long as it sounded, smelt, and felt real.

he killed the fucker who was hitting on Aunt May once

Shocker and Vulture are fucking scrubs. Kraven is dangerous to someone without Spidey's strength and speed honestly. He seems more fitting as a Batman or Daredevil villain. Replace his constant fear and paranoia of THE SPIDER with the Bat or Devil and he still works out fine.

It kinda blows my mind that the fact that Mysterio more or less took out the ntire Xmen, at once isnt talked about more.

To this day I am mad that Bendis couldn't use him in his X-Men run.

>dark beast
>the one from age of apocalypse
>that's the one

lamest

Ultimate Kraven is my favorite Kraven.

Still waiting for him to show up in a movie.

With Vulture now, we've got 4 of the Sinister Six on screen. Just missing Mysterio and Kraven.

>tfw Mysteriofag
>tfw the best person to write him in the last year or two is Joe Kelly.
Fuck you, Slott.

Why not, after all Vulture was recycled from Raimi's Spider-Man 4 project, even with daughter love interest and everything

>who is the spot

That's sm2 game not 1

>Shocker
>Scorpion
>Vulture
>?
And the 4th is who again? Not only that, but they need a leader, so Doctor Octopus could fill that role

All you'd have to change is the source of his illusions being technological to being magical.

Then he becomes yet another sorcerer with a silly costume.

So you're saying sorcerers can't specialize in one type of magic then?

You have terrible fucking taste and completely miss the point of Mysterio

You have tons of sorcerers running around Marvel. Making Mysterio one takes away his gimmick and makes him just a low-rent version of early "God of Mischief" Loki who spends his time fighting Spider-Man. Unless you drastically change the character and make him a Strange villain, I don't see the point.

That goes completely against the point of Mysterio

Isn't the point kind of lost in a universe that has magic?

Mxy is, if Nyralahotep would be mischievous than malignant.

Honestly... yeah. It's why I hate it when they try to push science-based characters as hard atheists. It really makes zero sense. But take away the gimmick of Mysterio and he loses his charm. I wouldn't mind if he came across a book or scroll and used it to make his creations more life-like, but he should be illusion-based.

No, it's enchanced.

No the point is lost on you because you're a fucking idiot. Mysterio is interesting because he uses his noggin and special effects creating illusion after illusion that you cant help but question if its real no matter how often you see him and aware of his gimmicks. Its more interesting than making him a dime a dozen sorcerer and just cheapens what he does.
>Creates a giant monster through magic
Boring
>Creates a giant monster through illusion
How the fuck did he do that?

>In a world where hidden sorcerers train themselves to fight evil magicians, ethereal magic beings and lovecraftian chaos gods, one powerless, ordinary man will make it his life goal to use advanced special effects technology to make you believe he has magical powers.

No it's fucking stupid. It works only when magic is ambiguous.

But that actually sounds interesting

no, because its like someone bringing a butterknife to a gun fight tournament and somehow making it to the championship match

It sounds embarrassing. Imagine if Strange actually fought Mysterio? Real magician verses parlor trick man who wishes he was one? I'm sure Mysterio would come off as so cool.

Mysterio would be one of the best Spider-Man villains to have in a film, yet after six movies we've still yet to see him.

Will Mysterio ever get his due?

>Muh powerlevels
Fuck off

Unless you think about Dr. Strange setting up all this incredibly powerful countermagic on a foe he thinks is going to be some equally powerful magician, only to get his ass handed to him by the element of surprise.

He also doesn't get that Mysterio doesn't just go ooga booga with illusions, but sets up a long elaborate con that the illusion is only a part of, using people locations whatever nessacary to create the stage. Sure spider sense and radar sense can tell the difference between a illusion, but the bait being real and desperate people in trouble can hook Pete and Matt hard enough not to suspect the trap.

Seriously, Mysterio has fallen out of favor so bad people don't realize he's similar to what the Riddler would be like if he were competent.

easily one of the most underrated spidy villians.

Tinkerer

IMPRESSIVE.

I hardly think he should count and there are better choices out there to fill out the roster

Venom/Carnage

>one of the dumbest looking characters in the history of comic books
You need to get fucked OP.

>illusionist plunking real wizards by using trickery and deceit
>they keep scanning for magic and find nothing so they assume he's a super wizard whose magic cannot be countered

This is a cool idea

There aren't though
He was in homecoming

How did that happen? I barely read spiderman anymore since it's terrible

Exactly!
>I can't tell what kind of magic he's using!
>Mysterio disappears in a cloud of non-magical smoke
>Who is this wizard?!

I don't know, he just very rarely shows up in comics or movies anymore. It's probably because his backstory conflicts with the fact that most movies use CGI now, but it would be easy to work around that or even make it the *reason* he turned to crime.

I looked it up, and apparently Mysterio also fell prey to Marvel's muhgenda, so we got the black dude who bought Mysterio's costume "Mysterion."

youtu.be/20cPIkXXhK4

I can't think of many c list villains with unofficial theme songs as good as this

OG Mysterio has canonically been dead for a while, I think, and all the replacement Mysterio's have kinda sucked.

to be fair, Wolverine did most of the work.

Why does a villain that depends on illusions and tricks need to be that ripped?

Thats Sony's retarded private project, it isnt happening

>Tinkerer
>Better than Rhino, Kraven, Mysterio, or Doc Ock
Yeah, Id say there are better choices user

>Thinking he's ripped
The illusion is working

Naw. They need a tech guy to help repair their gear, Tinker works extremely well as a non combatant

Wait, I thought his sucide had been retconned?

Obligatory pic related

.....and Doctor Octopus cant do that because?

Was it? I quit reading marvel a while back so it's possible.

PRESENTATION!

He's already been used in a film, I'm hoping that they don't use him again, then again Tinker has also been in one, but you're right, he'd be the perfect tech guy.

That was 13 years ago user, I think we can get away with doing Otto again. Not saying he'd surpass Alfred Molina, but it would be nice to give MCU Spider Man a overarching big bad that assembles the Sinister 6. Lord knows Norman isnt coming back

I never knew I needed to see something this good until now.