The west makes an anime with a decent budget for the first time ever

>the west makes an anime with a decent budget for the first time ever
>It's better than anything Japan has put out in this decade
How the fuck do Japanese animators sleep at night knowing they are so shit?
Also Castlevania thread.
Post your favorite scene and character
>Shovel peasant
>Alucard vs Trevor

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnaud_Amalric
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>>It's better than anything Japan has put out in this decade

Not even close.

Hell, it's not even the best thing this year. It's okay.

they don't sleep at night

they gotta keep working and working at ridiculously small wages to make ends meet

they don't give a shit about their craft anymore
they hate their job
the only things that brings them solace is masturbating to drawings of moeblobs

I couldn't stop rolling my eyes during the first episode, so much so that I gave myself a headache.

God, is Warren Ellis really praised for his dialogue?

Yeah I'm surr you really did that

Best scene was the peasants successfully fighting off the demons, confirming that God does exist and is helping out the truly righteous followers.

If there's a cartoon put out in the west that's even half way competent, the internet fucking cums itself over it and makes excuses for its flaws and attacks its critics.

So which moeblob shit is the best thing this year in your oppinion?

>Confirming God does exist
Is God not confirmed to exist in the castlevania universe?
Name a better one then.
One stipulation is that all characters must have noses.

>If there's an anime put out in the east that's even half way competent, the internet fucking cums itself over it and makes excuses for its flaws and attacks its critics.

Arslan Senki

Thank you for proving my point

You really struggled to think of a follow up didn't you?

Dude, you really are out of touch with anime if you think moe is big thing anymore.

because , right now, cartoon is an underdog

But that is pretty much every job in japan like that not just animators

>Name a better one then
Shingeki no Bahamut

>25 minutes to establish a villain we don't get to see again, a villain we don't see past episode 4, and a woman who gets fridged
>spends the next 75 minutes meandering in the same location with no idea what pacing is
>main character is a wisecracking good hearted super competent demon hunter
>girl is sassy but stern and magic
>meets pretty vampire man
>inacronistic technology and dialogue

So far this is pretty anime. Like, on par with anime. Better style than most, and harkening back to 90s storytelling, but anime.

That being said, as apposed to most anime I watch recently, I actually want to see more of this.

Dracula best dude.
"Have some class," was a fun, and most of that fight was fun to look at.

>A great novel and manga that got turned into shonen crap manga which got turned into the obligatory shonen crap shot for shot remake of the manga
Who cares

Stop falseflagging, Arslan Senki looked like dogshit 90% of the time.

Sakamoto Desu Ga?

Why do you guys hate anime so much? Sup Forums doesnt hate western cartoons so why does Sup Forums have to shit on anime

A deep inferiority complex brought on by being perceived as enjoying media aimed at preteens.

I mean it's not action and its goals aren't even close to Castlevania's, and the comedic timing tended to be worse than the manga tbqh. Although, that subliminal messaging skit was the only thing that season that made me lose breath from laughing

(x) doubt

Humans Know only Complain ... i Want more of this LKess of Steven and Star Vs

Because the truth of the matter is that while anime puts out a larger volume of shit each year for tv animation, by sheer probability it also puts out a greater number of worthwhile shows than the western industry.

I don't get the reason for insecurity though, the west does the same
>shit out a bunch and a few turn out pretty good
thing with films and live action, and it has the biggest animation movie studios in the world.

Show me a cartoon that can top this

Well one might be concerned with how corrupt the church and religion is that God doesn't exist either, but that scene confirms that holy water really is holy.

Just action?
Zankyou no Terror

Genuinely disgusting.
First post on Sup Forums that's actually made me feel psychically sick, thanks user.

That didn't even have a lot of action, it was more of a mystery drama. And faivu ruined it halfway through so who even cares.

>"And he says to me, I know your goat is in love with me."
>"So you said 'how?' Bosha?"
>"So I said, 'how?' And he says, well, she fucks me, doesn't she?"

Fuck off, /lgbt/

You haven't seen anything yet

This was a pretty amusing collection of short webms Kyoani produced.
>cartoon
Wait, it was actually a full show?

This is just a bunch of jittering. Real disgust is when you see the textures of this granola clifside

2016 Bezerk just makes me sad, like we had the 1997 adaptation, how did we get to this?
no u

Shingeki was good for four episodes. No one bothers to remember the rest

So has the animation studio responsible for this committed sudoku yet?

No. The production committee got away clean with their money laundering scheme

JJBA

just started watching. not sure if I should continue. pretty shitty prologue. all of a sudden this woman starts yammering about science and shit, then gets killed in the next scene. fucking hell. does it get good?

Finally, a quarter-decent answer. I suspect your taste, though.

>Castlevania anime ends up being the best thing Warren Ellis has produced in years

Well how about that.

How about putting down the video game while watching a tv show instead of trying to do both at the same time

I am pretty sad about there only being 4 episodes. Last episode was pretty fire tho.

Will you partake in the nectar of the gods?

Or maybe pick up a couple Castlevania games like SotN so maybe they'd say "Aw shit that's Lisa" since they have to have everything spoonfed to them

I don't play video games, Sup Forums.

That's tragic, then. At least you'd have an excuse if you did

An adaptation that can't stand on its own and relies on the audience already having a knowledge of and sympathy for the story is a bad adaptation.

I didn't get this scene? Are they trying to make drinking pee seem like a bad thing?

>not playing video games
>tragic
fucking kek. this is why we think Sup Forums is even less than Sup Forums. jesus christ.

>since they have to have everything spoonfed to them
An user who can't read is a bad user, fren

>the point
>
>
>your head

Fill this peasant's mouth up with your beer, Goddess

I dunno, Rage of Bahamut (the OG one) was pretty fucking sick. It's also Korean mind you, so I guess it doesn't count?

I mean it doesn't take some Genius level deduction why Lisa was being burned alive, its the dark ages and she's into science, you have to be incredibly dim to not follow the scenes.

>Netflix anything
>good

pick one

I guess if you're historically iliterate it makes sense.

I mean really, the 16th century is the Dark Ages now?

And literally no one in history was burned alive by the Church for studying science.

I really expected the obvious reveal of the Bishop making unwanted advances so she gets burned. It seems like they maybe implied it right at the end but nothing concrete.

Daredevil
Series of unfortunate events with NPH as Count Olaf
Knights of Sidonia was pretty good

>Knights of Sidonia was pretty good
They call it a netflix original but it's really just an exclusively licensed show they picked up

It was the Archbishop trying to fuck girls.
The Bishop was genuine and left because he disagreed with the archbishop.

>Daredevil

Season two dropped the ball imo

The Bishop obviously wasn't genuine since he had an entourage of armed thugs who he sends out to murder undesirables, plus God himself abandoned him.

To say "better than anything in the past decade" is an exxaggeration would itself be a huge understatement.

I did quite enjoy shovel peasant though, feel sorry that he has to endure having such a whore of a goat

>Well one might be concerned with how corrupt the church and religion is that God doesn't exist either
I always interpet those characters as "fuck you I do what I want" while using religion as a smokescreen so it never really matters if something holy does exist. Though like Trevor said this dude is fucking insane and he truly believes a mass slaughter is the righteous thing to do

well
if you're gonna make the range an entire decade.
pic related has been my favorite anime series of last decade.

Any /ss/?

The animation could definitely use more frames. I hope they get more budget for S2.

Holy shit, I can at least understand exaggerated witch burning, but here we have preists fucking beating up people on streats like common thungs. I haven't seen such a strong concentration of fedora in a long time.

nah, michiko e hatchin is too pure for /ss/

Well yeah both are true just on different sides of the internet so if you stumble onto the wrong website you can see both sides arguing like idiots everytime something comes out

>Getting triggered over Middle Age church being portrayed as corrupt and hyper fundamentalist in the wake of an impending apocalypse.

W E W

E

W

God actually has power in this fictional world, though. It's just not being utilized right, but Trevor was teaching a bunch of the peasants and a priest how to use it to fight demons

Didn't people back then became priests just to abuse their powers? plus I like how the Holy water did work which does confirm there is a higher power in Castlevania world, he just doesn't do anything since its not his place.

15th century

Let's just make excuses for hackneyed, a-historical cliches continually being pandered through pop culture.

*sacks byzantium*

He genuinely believed his own views on God though. His warped mind believed that his actions were just.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnaud_Amalric

> massacre of the Latins
They had it coming

Many, but not all. There was a lot of corruption but there had to be enough decent ones propping up some kind of structure to keep it from disintegrating. Many men today join monasteries just to retreat from society for selfish reasons even though that's not the point, but they're not necessarily malicious either.

>Pedobait is quality entertainment

>>the west makes an anime with a decent budget for the first time ever

It's 4 episodes long.

>implying Sup Forums actually knows anything about anime or animation in general

>preists fucking beating up people
First off they weren't real priests just thugs hired by the bishop
Secondly priests used to fight in battles all the god damn time. Know why Friar Tuck had a staff? Because priests aren't allowed to spill blood. So they used blunt instruments like staves and maces to fight.

This. Fujobucks is where it's at

4 episodes of pure kino

>>main character is a wisecracking good hearted super competent demon hunter
I wouldn't say super competent since he was drunk until probably the very last part which made him trip around a few times and when you part of a demon killing clan I would expect you to be decent at killing demons

>a villain we don't see past episode 4
think the wording could have been better here, there are only 4 episodes so if you mean the priest then shouldnt it be something like "we dont see again until episode 4"?

If there was ever a man more maligned by psuedo-history, none immediately come to mind. Not only is there no evidence he ordered a slaughter, he wasn't even involved in the order to attack. That article even points that out.

> Because priests aren't allowed to spill blood. So they used blunt instruments like staves and maces to fight.

That's not true, its a misconception developed around the depiction of Bishop Odo in the Bayeux Tapestry. Priests were no more or less prohibited from shedding blood than any other Christian.

>kino
kys

What does kino even mean anymore?

>kino
>memeshit
>dabbing

kys

Pretty sure when you launder money you don't want people to be looking in your direction but that anime did nothing but put them in the spotlight so they did a piss poor job of that too