What is the appeal of this character? What demographic do they realistically expect to reach?

What is the appeal of this character? What demographic do they realistically expect to reach?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honor_killing_in_the_United_States
twitter.com/AnonBabble

My dick.

That's the demographic.

But she's flat as fuck.

Some people pretend to like her otherwise it'd be racist. The others like her for the fap material.

Marvel is still under the delusion that SJW's actually buy comics

You say that like it's a bad thing.

The intent was this is a sjw-derived character to show that "Muslims are just like us!!"
The appeal (strictly from caucasian males) is "She's not black, so she's hot".
Every rational comic reader is saying "This boring bitch is just a street-level-intelligence Reed Richards/Marvel's rip-off of Plastic/Elongating Man!".

That's why you feed her and slip in hormones to make her tits and hips swell up, while she cries over how haram this is.

Does a corporation as large as Marvel not have dozens of marketers and focus testers telling them who their key demographic is? I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's teenage boys and young men.

she's fun? i guess

her creator, who the character is based on, thinks that one day everyone will be brown! brown will rule!

so she's setting her up to be popular once white people don't exist anymore.

she will be hugely popular (like spider-man level) in about 300 years.

That's nice. Corporations don't make decisions based on fun.

she literally has shapeshifting powers

I don't humanity will be around in 300 years.

But stretchy arms is like the least cool powers, even if you powerwank with science like with Plasticman. Mr Fantastic has stretchy arms and is a super scientist but he's impossible to take seriously because of how retarded he looks in every panel.

>What demographic do they realistically expect to reach?

People who like reasonably well written characters.

Sic bait thread tho, Sup Forums

She appeals to my fetish wherein I fuck Muslims into worshiping Jesus

probably not. and we when all die she will be 100% correct, we will all be brown. either from the nukes radiation melting our skin off, or from the global warming that tans all the whiteys and the huge amount of dust from the now dry farmlands and forests that covers everything.

Maybe...but she was created as part of a social agenda to try to make muslims seem just like us. That was the main impetus. NOT to arouse horny teens and adults turned on by teenage characters.

>Does a corporation as large as Marvel not have dozens of marketers and focus testers telling them who their key demographic is?

They're trying to diversify their market to increase their profits.The higher ups within the company have no love for the properties itself since the comic division is nothing but a secondary thought for the movie division.

The real problem is the LCS themselves. It is Kryptonite to any normie looking to get into the fandom. First you would have to find a LCS, then go there, create a pool, and then come back every month to pick up your shit. I've yet to meet a kid do that. Not to mention that most kids these days are savvy enough to find free rips or torrents of the shit they want to read online.

I feel like they hit gold with Kamala. She will probably be even more marketable in a few years if Marvel doesn't fuck her up. I doubt they won't fuck her up since this is Marvel we're talking about. I do expect her to have a Hulu or Netflix special or something. The media buzz around it would be too good to pass up.

>no hijab
thats not bloody sharia

oh man, ass up, praying to allah and you go in deep, she be praying to GAWD!!

>taking cape comics seriously
If you're underage there is still hope for you.

And as those same metrics have been proving since the 90s, its a gradually shrinking market that can't sustain them forever in their current format.

All digital could probably work if more people embraced it. I am sure some other user could better explain the diamond clusterfuck. Otherwise only alternatives I see is to adopt east practices such as no coloring and focusing strictly on trades.

>everyone I don't like is from Sup Forums

>and then come back every month to pick up your shit.
Or they can deliver comics to you (Forbidden Planet, Midtown Comics, etc)

>Marvel goes all digital
>comic book piracy increases at a geometric rate

>SJW's don't buy comics
>Muslim boys don't want to read about a girl beating up men because haram
>Muslim girls just confused why she isn't wearing a hijab, that's haram
I guess dudes with a fetish for Arabs, and not even muslim fetishist since it's kinda moot without a hijab which is where 90% of the fetish comes from.
Seriously, the more I think about it the less I know what the fuck the point of the character is.

I
WANT
TO
KISS
KAMALA

I want to have premarital relations with Kamala desu

And beyond that, most of it is just LCBS just stuck with tons of back issues of Ms. Marvel.

Carol.... come back.

>being this paranoid of people you disagree with
Mccarthy used to see communists in his soup-bowl too, user.

She's a qt.

Then what is the answer? We can all agree comics is a shrinking market that is frankly, just an IP farm at this point. Farming the fanboys and the sons they bring in isn't going to keep working as the economy goes to shit forcing the rise of prices.

I mean shit, did you see those covers Marvel did? 20 page funny book for around .20 cents a page? Its just not workable from a businessmen perspective. Hence why we get the attempts to broaden the market.

The problem however is that Marvel is shit at SJW and is pretty much doing grandpa shitted his pants retarded blackface with their books. If they were handling the editing/writing/art/etc like DC does with the character introductions and what not, their strategy wouldn't be so alienating.

People who want to rape muslims.

you mean everyone?

durka durka in the burka burka

The Muslim one?

Maybe that's why the sales are so strong currently.

Which leaves at a weird point to be arguing at all: Should creatives make what they want or should they censor themselves and let marketers run the show? Wouldn't keeping things white straight male focused for the sake of sales when there are people who want to make other stories kind of limiting creative freedom?

Kamela is CUTE.

Also I'll never get sick of capeshit with high-school drama. I feel like some of the cultural stuff is shoehorned in to score SJW points, but it's difficult to care too much about that as long as the comic isn't bad.

Everyone who insists on being retarded about fictional character skin colors is from Sup Forums, yes. You people have been doing nothing but shitting up Sup Forums because of Doomfist and Sup Forums because movies and television aren't 100% white males and the shitfit you threw over Avatar The Last Airbender having brown people in it was legendary.

she has no appeal and was never popular, the degree to which she is pandering: the character was too transparent
people just wanted some r34.

You'll notice I never even mentioned the character's skin colour. I asked who the target demographic is. Sounds like you're just dying to be outraged.

馬鹿みたいにポストする

there shouldn't be ANY creatives at Marvel. The creatives should be using their own characters and telling their own stories. thats why Marvel sucks now, most of their talented creators figured this out and left for image or other indie companies.

As much as this hurts peoples feelings, a corporation exists only to make it's shareholders money.

It's up to the creators of comics to make them profitable. whether or not they make something actually good is inconsequential.

This

Alright Adolph, calm down. The scary non-whites aren't going to hurt you. You can stop REEEEEing about this. Head back to Sup Forums, your hugbox.

>she has no appeal and was never popular,

She's one of the most popular new characters of the last 10 years.

>I guess dudes with a fetish for Arabs
She's Pakistani.

Bait is an art form that you clearly don't understand.

ive bought three volumes, i think its a fun book to read. teen oriented, yeah but the pitfalls of living in an immigrant family thats still more connected to their homeland, and the perils of growing up appeal to me.

Non-white characters are something you clearly don't understand.

Teenage girls and womenchildren.

Before Secret Wars/Avengers/Champions
>Superhero fangirl becomes street level super and struggles to maintain her beliefs, principles, and optimism while facing the harsh truths and realities that come with the territory.

After Secret Wars/Avengers/Champions
>Becomes just another stale, shallow, left-wing mouth piece like a lot of Marvel's characters have turned into and all but abandons her street level roots to become just another Avenger bench warmer before leaving that to become a member of Team Teen Titans Ripoff.

She's a "youth" character. I read her first book. It didn't preach "NOTALLMUSLIMS" that much when compared to how much it preached "young people are very capable and are deserving of respect"

Fuck teenagers. Children of Men was a eutopia.

>I have to be the target demographic of every Marvel book

Have you seen modern Marvel?

Also, Kamala is not a new character, and her original run was reasonably well received. What's the point in whining about her now?

>autism

YA readers according to her main writer.

Basically, people that don't read comic books.

>We want the Twilight/Hunger Games crowd
Suddenly it all makes sense.

I want to hug, kiss, and cuddle Kamala, because she is a qtp2t

if you did that shit her brother and/or father would likely murder her.

does that sound like something you want to do?

but what if they disappeared first?

Don't be lured in by her delicious brown thighs, user. Putting up with her shit religion isn't worth it.

This
This

1st year of japanese?

>You'll notice I never even mentioned the character's skin colour.
If she was white you wouldn't have asked about the demographic. Your intent are more obvious than you think.

>I guess dudes with a fetish for Arabs,
Are you saying that Black people who buy comics have a fetish for Causasian?

>Then what is the answer?
Manga are selling in US, so there are people willing to buy comics. Maybe Marvel should ask themselve why those people buy manga but not Avengers, Spider-man or X-men comics.

>japan makes all its characters look white despite their market primarily being japanese
its like they only concern themselves with whats visually appealing and not at all with whats politically correct

Are you insulting someone's Japanese while not being able to speak a single word of it yourself?

>bug Eyed ayy lmaos
>white

This

>The only thing that survived the fire.
Truly it is a cursed item.

>Waaaaaaaaaaah! Everyone I don't like is Hitler!

>>Muslim girls just confused why she isn't wearing a hijab,

There are entire Muslim countries where the hijab is borderline illegal.

No there isn't. Stop spreading disinfo.

If it's a Muslim Country (aka Islam majority), then it's quite the opposite. Name one, you can't

Well it used to be because

>Brown.
>qt
>Watches anime and plays video games.
>Cosplay and fanficts.

But that stopped happening after issue 10 and now has become.

>If you don't worship islam then you are a literal nazi die infidel for our religion of peace.

The best part was the election arc where they hyped up the not Hilary winning against the Not Trump Hydra agent, only to have Trump actually win and then shitting out that a random 3rd party guy to win and then sweeping it all under the rug

just read the fucking comic dipshit. instead of making a bait thread you could be learning about the character firsthand.

That's a very small demographic

Why doesn't she wear a hijab?

>Introduce a minority legacy character
>Gets popular because she's actually handled well
>So popular that she was seen as important toward the industry
>Part of her charm is accessibility and how she's a teenage street level superhero who idolizes superheroes
>Marvel decides to get her more involved and have her immediately become an Avenger
>Relaunches happen and she's tied to events more often because of her rise in popularity
>Events lower accessibility
>She becomes a political mouthpiece
>Try to catch the same lightning with other titles
>Sales are now shit

because this is america, and whether to wear the hijab or not is a woman's own choice

>3rd party candadite
>winning in America

Eh, it's frowned on in some of the ex-Soviet Central Asian countries, but they're lunatic personality cult dictatorships that are basically less aggressive North Koreas where the security services are in the habit of raping dissidents with broken bottles. Hardly a model for the planet.

Wrong, whore.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honor_killing_in_the_United_States

To make it seem like 1/3rd of the world is just like the other 2/3rds? Shame on them for that!

She's the only Inhuman other than based Black Bolt to even be vaguely tolerable.

Why do Westerners like to humanize Muslims so much?

I live in a Muslim country and people here are wild, dishonest sadistic animals who will not hesitate to club their neighberhoors to death if they could get away with it.

Because we are used to interacting with civilised human beings.
It's hard to shed millennia of civilized behavior without a casus belli.

Sounds like you people live in a sheltred bubble and creating your own bullshit reality.

Duh

It's a result of the West's universalist ideology. If anyone can become a Westerner, and anyone can support liberal democratic ideology, then "a stranger's just a friend you haven't met" and a non-liberal's just a liberal you haven't convinced.
There's also the fact that the West successfully neutered it's religious authoritarians, so a lot of Westerners have real trouble being convinced that apocalyptic religion can be a motivational factor in people's behaviour. It must be something else, something relateable like mean cops.

Pretty much. The west chased the barbarians over the hill and now it's convinced that there are no barbarians, there never were any barbarians and anyone who tries to warn that barbarians have snuck back through the city gates and are starting to pillage the city is a bigoted racist.

Muslims and Americans are natural enemies.
Like Europeans and Muslims
Or Indians and Muslims
Or Jews and Muslims
Or Chinese and Muslims
Or Russians and Muslims
Or Southeast Asians and Muslims
Or other Muslims and Muslims
Or Africans and Muslims
Or Other other Muslims and Muslims
Damn Other other Muslims! They ruined Islam!

We call it The West and it is a historically unique coprosperity sphere built on humanist values and the common good. You should try that sometime, too.

>There's also the fact that the West successfully neutered it's religious authoritarians, so a lot of Westerners have real trouble being convinced that apocalyptic religion can be a motivational factor in people's behaviour.
This is definitely a blind spot for Westerners, but if you acknowledge that we neutered the religious authoritarians in Christianity reasonably enough, we can still do the same thing to Muslims. IMO, it's already happening in certain pockets. We just need to stem the flow of disillusioned second-ganeration western Muslims back to extremist groups.

>Wants to take Ayaan Hirsi Ali's vagina away.

>Ayaan Hirsi Ali was forcibly circumcised by her Islamic grandmother at the age of five against her father's wishes.

>Yer a genuine cunt, Linda.

>She will probably be even more marketable in a few years if Marvel doesn't fuck her up.
They're already fucking her up, see any of Kamala's crossovers.

Marvel already fucked her up a while back. She started out in pretty classic form, being a young, new street level hero in her hometown (that isn't NYC) having to deal with new powers, having a secret identity and school/her family. The kid of immigrants thing was just another layer of that.

As soon as Marvel got a whiff of the fact that she was actually popular, they trashed everything that made her likable by shilling her everywhere, putting her into "NOTHING WILL EVER BE THE SAME EVER AGAIN!" events and had those very same events derail her book. She was also put on multiple teams, including the Avengers, because she was the hot new thing.

All this did was make her less accessible to the people that were her book's primary audience and killed her charm of being a young, new hero starting out. Having her often written as an insufferable socjus mouthpiece on top of that just takes what Marvel already ruined and makes it worse.

>new street level hero in her hometown (that isn't NYC)

Jersey City might as well be NYC. It's not Manhattan, but it's part of the metropolitan area.

It's akin to Forest Hills with it's own mayor.

Can anyone straight facedly argue her appeal is not the same as a young Spider-Man's (aka how he's depicted in almost every other form of media besides comics)
>teen hero
>overzealous and inexperienced
>secret identity issues
>quirky family situation
I guess you can argue that having her be Muslim and female closes the demo a bit (while theoretically simultaneously opening it to a smaller but otherwise uninterested one), but the broad strokes are pretty fucking similar.

Many stories stand purely on the quality of their excecution of old tropes. Originality does not necessarily mean a story is either good or bad or even has something worthwile to say.

Of course, you can't tell the exact same story over and over again, but the repeating of common themes can be done for a long while before people get tired of it. Especially if the stories told have a good enough presentation of these themes.