Avengers Tower

So wait, can we talk about Avengers Tower? Wheddon gives us one of the coolest things in the MCU. Does it in a fairly obvious way, Starks tower. Sweet fight centered around it. They have the base there in AoU....and then Wheddon fucking drops it for a base in upstate NY? OK Ok.... so its safer for NYers if the avengers base, a place to attack, isnt in the middle of the city.

The tower is not forgotton though, seen in the background of Dr.Strange. And spider-man is in NY and we see the imagery in promotional material.

Now we find out it's been sold. Stark moved out and sold the tower.....to who? Will we see it again? Surely they cant just drop this building from the universe

Well think about it, the point of the twer was to house the Avengers. Now Rhodey is crippled and Natasha and Vision are the only official member other than Stark himself. What's a giant tower going to be good for with the three of them?

Except, that has nothing to do with it. Have you not seen AoU or CW?

I think it was just so The Avengers can move farther from the city, to make it Spider-Man territory
It wont make sense in the long run for things like pic related to happen without any one of the big boys stepping in, and it gives an excuse why he cant just call for help anytime there's trouble

Plus now we can have Oscorp move in

The tower was dope though, it will be missed

honestly that tower is so ugly, it would be an okay building in like Metropolis or something, but in New York it clashes really bad. every other building is a rectangle and then there's this fucking eyesore

maybe Stark realized having a giant tower in the middle of NYC where everyone on the planet knows the Avengers live was a bad idea and just inviting terrorists and other bad guys to attack it which could cause a lot of collateral damage and endanger civilians so he moved it to a spot that's a bit more rural and won't put a few million people in danger if it gets attacked by aliens

You'd think he would have learned that after his little whoopsie in Iron Man 3

I kept thinking "Oh it's going to be the Baxter building now!!" till I remember the copyright snafu.

Yes, this is an expanded explaintion of the original post. Why your sentence starts with "maybe" is stupid though, cause you're not actually discussing the questions posed.

It's suppose to stand out.
It is/was Tony's building

They mentioned the Baxter Building in Winter Soldier as one of the places of interest, so you wouldn't've been that wrong.

honestly the idea of crime ever happening in marvel new york doesn't make sense when pretty much every superhero and their grandma is based out of there.

one thing i do like about marvel new york is how they're spreading characters out of new york more

no they didn't, fuck off

I'm thinking he sold it to Oscorp (and, if the movies repeat some relatively-recent comics developments, Stark/Avengers Tower would eventually become Alchemax's HQ).

Well, either that or Tony sold it back to MetLife.

Baxter Building

Didn't they do that in the comics with the mansion in the park too????

That would be the god damn best thing ever. Everyone is hoping for a secret MCU-F4 deal. I feel like we will see the tower again though. They won't just erase it from the skyline. Maybe Pym bought it? Or Black Panther? Or Namor?

Odds are they can use this as an excuse to remove the tower from the cityscape and quit having Netflix/SHIELD/probably Freeform shows having errors for not including it in certain correct shots of the cityscape.

(Avengers tower is build on top of the MetLife's building and location)

Since they placed this subplot in a Spiderman movie I'm still going with Oscorp. Or maybe even Roxxon, considering the USM influence. Was that one ever established in the MCU? I feel like it was mentioned in one of the TV shows

>Was that one ever established in the MCU?
Roxxon has been featured in the movies, shorts, and TV shows. Roxxon was specifically shown off on Agent Carter and Agents of SHIELD, but mentioned often elsewhere.

I'm liking Oscorp and then setting up Dark Avengers.

The shows have been shown to be non canon, so I don't see why a missing Avenger's tower would be an issue.

>Roxxon was specifically shown off on Agent Carter and Agents of SHIELD
So two things that are not canon to the movies.

Got it.

I know it's just speculation, but hot damn, it could work. If Thanos somehow fucks up earth Norman could pretty much go the same route as in the comics' Secret Invasion, making the Avengers look like a bunch of fools while getting the approval of government people like Ross

It's closer to Oscorp than Baxter building, maybe daily bugle but doubt JJ's that loaded.

I don't care what in universe reason there is, it's dumb and we're better off without ir

>Baxter Building
That was the first thing my head went to when OP mentioned that spoiler, I really hope this is what they are setting it up for, AND that Johnny is fucking white not black or w/e bullshit. I'm a black user just to make it clear, that doesn't fall for the progressive bullshit, and liked my comics the way they were meant to be.