RWBY Volume 5 announced to be released on October 14th 2017

RWBY Volume 5 announced to be released on October 14th 2017.

Any hype for V5?
Predictions?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1CFebGJPKgA
forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2016/05/21/arc-system-works-and-its-fighting-game-legacy-its-all-about-the-cool/#4d3ccdfc7762
youtube.com/watch?v=GSfj-cc3SBk
wpc.1765A.taucdn.net/801765A/video/uploads/videos/fd4bdf51-0afc-4537-ac73-f935ea1e2ef1/index.m3u8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Does anyone got the White character short that was shown?

This lovely lady will get her chance to actually bust some mother fucker's ass.
That would get me hype. And it'd better not be some Grimm because those things die when people sneeze on them.

Just got the bit they accidentally showed

the one mid razer ad?
I was hoping someone recorded the whole thing, or was it not shown to people at rtx?

We only got a leaked clip at the moment that they accidentally showed.

youtube.com/watch?v=1CFebGJPKgA

There also a couple of screens leaked from what i heard, but just saw one with Winter so far.

All of it was shown during the panel, just cut off from the stream like usual.

I'm starting to think no one recorded it, or wants to upload it. Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world though, since we get to see it next week anyways.

thanks user

ponytail's not centered instead of being to the side... what a shit

She will lose to cinder before her personal maiden saves her

Reminder that you will never feel General Ironwood's strong, reassuring steel hand around your waist or feel his hot and ragged breath against the nape of your neck as he turns Atlas into a dystopian police state and decimates their economy.

>RWBY will probably reunite this Volume because I think everyone's heading to Mistral
>The main human villains are going to be Dr. Watts and Cinder.
>Ren and Nora will do next to nothing this volume, but we'll figure out what Jaune's deal is
>Part of the Volume will be Ruby and friends discovering that Haven Academy is secretly a training ground for new Salem recruits, and that students are regularly sent on missions that make her influence grow

Also, in case you guys haven't been hearing, Miles has teased a RWBY-related fighting game thing appearing at EVO next week. He did it at Anime Expo AND RTX.

That would be the worst shit of all time, and I certainly hope it doesn't happen.

>Miles has teased a RWBY-related fighting game thing appearing at EVO next week. He did it at Anime Expo AND RTX.

Didn't they learn anything from Grimm Eclipse? Nobody had better be excited for ANOTHER RWBY game.

This game is likely being done by arcsys though, they already expressed their interest and even met with them at their last visit in Japan last year.

Grimm Eclipse was shit because it was a indie game that RT just slapped their names in for a quick buck.

The main theory going on right now is that it might not be an in-house developed game. ArcSys guys (It was either Daisuke of Guilty Gear or Mori of BlazBlue) have said in interviews that they'd want to do a RWBY fighter if they couldn't do a new original property. Miles, Kerry, and Gray also visited their studio in Japan back in December. It proves absolutely nothing, but it doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility.

Best case scenario, ArcSys is doing something with it. Worst case is that it's another fucking in-house piece of shit like Grimm Eclipse. Middle case is that a RWBY character is making a guest appearance in a fighting game, but I couldn't possibly imagine in what so that seems unlikely.

When the rest of the team catches up with Blake, they all express surprise at Kali's existence as they always thought that Blake had this "both my parents are dead" vibe.

Qrow and Winter hate fucking

I boy I hope its as filler as season 4

Both of them actually.

forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2016/05/21/arc-system-works-and-its-fighting-game-legacy-its-all-about-the-cool/#4d3ccdfc7762

>“If I were to make a game based on something that wasn't a complete original, which is what I have done in the past, it would be based on the intellectual property of RWBY. So each girl has their own kind of color, theme that they are associated with and the original creator has sadly passed away. If we were to ever make a fighting game of this, I would want to really spearhead that if possible.”

Daisuke basically was the one that said how much he was interested, and Mori actually went far to even add rwby alternate costumes to some characters in Blazblue Central Friction.

Since that interview they have been in contact about the idea and have been teasing with it for a while.

Why is RWBY so fucking popular and gets so much exposure?
Like I get that RT is well known and very popular but the amount RWBY has spread astounds me. Couple with the fact that its not even good, like at its best RWBY is passable. But for the most part its nearly unwatchable garbage.
S1 is all around awful with bad animations/VA/no plot and saved by like 2 episodes of Montys fight scenes.
S2 is just plain bad and can be skipped.
S3 is easily the best of the bunch and even then its still pretty mediocre.
S4 is nearly all just filler to pad time till the team gets back together. Nothing really happens till like the final 2 episodes.
I gotta hand it to Burns, the mother fucker knows how to market his shit. Im always amazed by how much RWBY art/cosplay I see at conventions.

It's anime, but it's also not anime.

Best ship

I'm preparing myself for disappointment, but GOD I want it to be true. Would probably be the best thing to come out of RWBY, including the show itself.

Who's your main?

That's an excellent question. I've been watching since the beginning, and it's definitely not high on my list for terms of quality. That being said, I've got a few guesses:

>It's a CGI show, making it stand out above the dozens of flash cartoons
>A lot of animesque elements
>A lot of potential for being really autistic and creating OCs, since most characters in the show are based around a color, have unique 2-in-1 weapons, and are attached to 3 other characters just as different as them

Personally, I've stuck with it just because it's fun to talk about with Sup Forums. I feel like it gets a little bit better every Volume too, which is fun to watch, but it's absolutely far from perfect as you said.

Roman. His victory animation is him getting eaten.

The thing with V4 is that there were a lot of issues, from what a i understand a lot of shit changed during the development but basically it was planned to have more shit going on and it was originally planned to be a bigger time skip, it didn't helped that V4 was basically planned to be more a transition story for next big arc rather than its own thing, also with the fact that they had to adapt to a new engine and everything.

Waifus, /u/bait, psudeo-anime, and fights.

I'd probably want to play as Penny because she is a robot

Weiss, I can see them making her as a very technical character with her glyphs and Dus canisters, but i wouldn't mind since i enjoy those types of characters in fighting games.

I really hope they do this.
I'd be even better if Sun suddenly joined in and was like, "Oh thank god, it's not just me. I thought the same thing when she told me but didn't want to say anything."

>Monty never got to see his weeb show chart into Japan and get a fighting game made by Arcsys themselves.

He even liked Blazblue, too. youtube.com/watch?v=GSfj-cc3SBk

>DBFZ in development
>RWBY game more of a possibility
>Trigger fighter never.

better that RWBY game be good Arc.

Volume 4 was an utter letdown. Not even the fights could save it because without Monty, they became slow and clunky. I have almost zero hope for volume 5, but I'm probably going to watch it anyway so I can shitpost about it since I have nothing else to do with my life.

Not to be a shill or something like that, but the fights started to get better as the V4 went on, seems like the took some feedback about their fights when they started it with the whole "lack of Gravity" deal with the giant grimms fights, probably big part had to do no only because they don't have Monty, but because they had to adapt to Maya after working for so long in poser.

The fights with Qrow vs Tyrian and the horse grimm were pretty decent actually, not Monty quality but it they chance to improve and maybe take some pages in Monty's style.

>an even bigger timeskip

As it is it's all fucked up because despite being supposedly "6-8 months" later it feels more like a couple of weeks at MOST.

it was 6-8 months but later reconnected it just like 3-4 months at most, but still they don't try to get on the whole timeskip deal that much but from what it seems the time between each of the girls story is most likely very different with just the focus of getting some sort of motivation in getting to Mistral.

Something like probably Weiss just had like 1 or 2 months to escape home, Yang probably had a some time between recovery and later going to Mistral and catch on with Rwby and Blake being the closest expended a lot of time with her family but it just feels like a couple of days or weeks so we probably will get to see in her trailer what she has been doing since then.

Maining Cinder solely because I expect Pyrrha to inherit Tager's magnet grappler status.

The exact time skip is unknown. It's been retconned to some sort of vague "long enough" state. Because they don't want to create timeline issues or something.

>Pyrrah having a special dying animation when defeated by Cinder's special attack.

just thinking about the possibilities is so fun.

It's mostly because my buddy is a big Pyrrha fan and he's the one who is actually good at fighting games, so it'll help him feel better, at least.

I still like Cinder though.

Th-that's not sexy, user

How can he wrap his arms around me when they're short as fuck?

Oh my god lol

If they don't fix his model for season 5 I'm dropping this show.

>nuck fight
>decent

Yeah ol' floppy arms mc'screachy really had me at the edge of my seat

>Screech*

This.

You will still never be able to run your fingers over the cold steel of General Ironwood's chest, or through General Ironwood's soft and damp hair, as his body rocks rhythmically against yours and you savor the rough sound of his baritone as recites his favorite passage from Atlas Shrugged in fluent German.

I wanna drink his synthetic nut

Why can't Yang by as cool and manly as Hibiki?

New Rwby Chibi

wpc.1765A.taucdn.net/801765A/video/uploads/videos/fd4bdf51-0afc-4537-ac73-f935ea1e2ef1/index.m3u8

>those Chibi hip windows

Alright, might as well post this here as well, in case anyone's not hanging out on /trash/ and since I know there are people interested in the fighting game here.

With utter disregard for my own safety. I have come up with what I believe is the closest thing to an ideal roster for the upcoming RWBY fighting game.

The restrictions/assumptions I was working under were as follows:

1. It will likely be based on the first three Volumes of the show, as Volume 4 has not been dubbed in Japanese yet.
2. It will likely be a relatively small cast of characters. Likely twenty or less based on Persona 4 Arena Ultimax's final roster.
3. The character have to have fought on-screen enough for ArcSys to conceivably build a moveset for them.

So I'm thinking it would look something like this:
>RWBY (Ruby, Weiss, Blake, and Yang) Main characters. No way they won't all be playable.
>JNPR (Jaune, Nora, Pyrrha, and Ren) Secondary main characters.
>CRMSAN (Cinder, Roman, Mercury, Emerald, Adam, and Neo) Villains. Because evil is cool.
>Qrow, Winter, and Glynda for the IlluminOzi/older good guys representation. Ozpin and Ironwood are in a much more contentious position. Since I assume they (as in RT) don't want us to fully see what Ozpin is capable of yet and Ironwood's mostly just done a lot of shooting and a command grab. (It hurts me to say that, since Ironwood is cool, but I'm trying to be as realistic as possible).
>Sun and Penny. Because potential unique move sets and being pretty important supporting characters.
>Remaining slots would likely go to one or more of the following Port, Oobleck, CFVY (with Velvet and Coco taking priority for obvious reasons), Neptune, and/or an original character like how Persona had Labrys and Sho.

Thoughts?

Garbage ship.

Need Salem for for that final boss / summoner character.

Would love to see Roman and Neo fight as a duo

friendly reminder ozkar is /ourguy/ and anybody else is irrelevant

Maining Yang with Raven and Cinder subs

And Oobleck if he makes it in

That you Soup?

Nope just a Yangfag

>there is people right now unironically enjoying this garbage

Yup

I think we might get Ozpin since we (kinda) saw him go all out and have a good idea of his semblance.
But yeah, Ironwood's a no go since we don't even know his semblance. That being said, it's definitely possible he could be in it.

What's Ozpin's semblance?

Why she blep?

she's going for the kill

Chibi Qrow is cute!

CUTE!

Oh look, the actual villain.

>get excited by announcement
>remember vol 4 wasnt really good

This gives me a reason to delay my suicide.

>leaked first seconds of the trailer show Weiss
>promotional image shows Weiss
Seems best girl is going to get all the attention

It's probably going to be shit just like the previous seasons.
>Predictions
Lots of Jaune.
Maybe Weiss romance with a new character.

>Predictions?
In time, we will know the tragic extent of Ozpin's failings.

He kinda forgot about the whole idea is not unite humanity.
Not keep pointless secrets that continually divide people.

I mean, Salem exists. They know she does and that means that the objective would be to kill her and make a colossal strike against the Grimm.
I mean, you slap a figure-head on the apparent super-Grimm commander and boom, Humanity has it's enemy and will unite against it.

These four died for nothing.

>that tumblr-tier artwork

Weiss, not everybody has an art butler or some shit.

Nah, no tumblr-noses

Why is J-Nig so much better as Chibi Cinder than she ever was at Actual Cinder?

Just do the gay stuff already, then let it die

Because chibi Cinder is comically evil and is therefore allowed to have an actual vocal range apart from "keep it vague and sexy".

Well for one, Nigiri literally phoned in her lines for V2 and only had a couple of hours to do it, so there was no time for multiple takes.

I think there's a reason behind Ozpin's manipulations and utter secrecy. To be honest, there are a couple of possible reasons, although they're all quite weak and have allowed Salem to persist and once again threaten the peace.

Ozpin is just incompetent as a leader.

Gay?

chibi salem when

Holy shit, they're up to 5? I could have sworn the last one I heard about was 3. Was 4 done with non Monty Oum stuff?

Really gotta catch up on this show.

Volume 4 did switch to Maya, so yeah.

>Really gotta catch up on this show.
Might as well wait till V5 starts.

who's ready for more collar bone?

When will she actually do anything herself?

V4 sucked, it was boring the entire way through, there's only a handful of important plot points to know going into V5 and that barely makes watching V4 worth it.

Aye sir!

Weiss updates her moveset when?

The moment she becomes relevant enough to move against the heroes personally.
But she outright stays in the shadows.
Her presence personally will likely be a detriment unless she can seriously tear shit up, but due to being all Grimmified she likely lacks an aura and significant fighting ability.
Basically, her lack of a soul means she either has fuckall actual combat ability and thus relies on manipulation, or her ability to fight and use magic surpasses the wizard.

Let's face it, Neo was made on Monty's whim and doesn't have anything to do with the story.

They'll maybe tack her on here and there in the background but they're never going to give her real screentime again. They're probably wondering why she's so popular anyways.

She's going to get a sliver of revenge plot before getting killed off

Neo is the traditional cute anime stick-your-dick-in-crazy-chick. Otaku flock to her like bugs to a light-zapper.

Pretty much. My guess is that she'll be part of some "return to Vale" plot line in M&K remember her. But then this fandom attaches to anything, the the goddamn bun.