I've never read his comics. Were they good? Why do people like him so much?

I've never read his comics. Were they good? Why do people like him so much?

they weren't and they don't

They are average. 6/10.

I've read past his encounter with Venom and it was pretty good up to that point but I'm kinda getting bored. Uncle Prowler was great.

But every news article about Spider-man, people mention Miles Morales.

The Ultimate Spider-Man run for a time was considered one of the better Ultimate books, but I think the whole thing started losing steam once Bendis reintroduced Venom and Cloak&Dagger.

He will never be the preferred Spider Man

the question being if they'll try to give him an identity of his own, or he goes the way of 90s Thor.

You see Marvel REALLY wants Miles to be popular, pushing him whenever they can, only they dont have the characterization or good writing to get it

I thought the first few years were alright, but things took a turn for the worse after Cataclysm, and everything after Secret Wars has been utter shit.

Was Cataclysm the civil war thing where he fights a giant lady?

Astroturfing

I'm posting in a bait thread!

Miles is ok, but I don't think he will ever outshine Peter, as much as Marvel wants him to. Also he's got some OP powers.

When it looked like it was going to get good, Bendis did his magic and completely ruined it by writing event tie-ins instead of stories.

That's what makes Miles so worthless. He doesn't develop and there's nothing to him, because Bendis doesn't let him be.

I think that was either Divided We Fall or United We Stand. Cataclysm was the one with Galactus.

>Why do people like him so much?

Ultimate Civil War iirc, which led to one of the greatest pages in the Ultimate books.

Atleast read the Roxxon arc, that was fun.

I've read a handful of issues
Every fucking fight (except for the goblin fight) ends with him using his stupid venom shock

Prowler
Venom
and Roxxon are the only interesting arcs where stuff seems to happen.

I wanted to like him, but his stories sucked and then they just kill off all his supporting cast.

He's just a blander browner Peter all around.

i still don't get how people think Bendis' best cape work was USM. I'd say the book started to really fall flat around the same time as you i.e. the Venom intro arc was way too long. Then we had that shitty Carnage arc and a lot of forgettable stories afterwards.

The last time I was really interested in it was the Ultimate Clone War and then after that the quality just seemed to nosedive only piquing some interest when Miles stepped up to the plate and then again straight into shitsville.

I felt like Bendis DD work was vastly superior.