what went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C7G227yzDkM
youtube.com/watch?v=9qcY2ERwmaU
youtube.com/watch?v=ri4iphUqShM
youtube.com/watch?v=vsQrKZcYtqg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's John K with nobody telling him "no"

People actually gave money to John to make a cartoon about George Liquor. They should've did their research on John's history with meeting deadlines.

Hey. let's tell terrible stories about this guy!

Ren and Stimpy wasn't even that good.

DUDE MAKING A COMIC ABOUT HOW BAD ANOTHER PERSON IS PUTS ME IN THE RIGHT LMAO

the cans, I guess

To be fair that's a pretty reasonable caricature of how John K acts. No clue how he behaves around fans but his attitude towards the industry is he's this infallible ubermensch and the rest of the world are fools for not conforming to his whims. The fact that he's never accomplished anything on time or under budget isn't his fault, networks are just stupid for not writing him blank checks and having expectations.

John not having enough teenage girls to do draw for him

>Simpsons predicted it

People actually gave John K money and somehow, after everything that was known about his poor management skills from people that worked with the guy, still expected him to make a cartoon on time.

He couldn't even finish the Halloween couch gag he did for The Simpsons on time.

>"It’s different from not only anything that we’ve done, but anything I’ve ever seen him do,” says Al Jean. “His work is a very twisted homage to Hanna-Barbera, and what’s funny is he has the kids wearing Huckleberry Hound masks. We had to get clearance from the Huckleberry Hound people. Then it turns into a John Kricfalusi cartoon and a song by him. It’s one of those things where any frame you look at, you just go, ‘Wow.’ It’s meticulously made. … If you want to know how hard he worked on it, this was originally going to air on last year’s Halloween show.”

The couch gag in question: youtube.com/watch?v=C7G227yzDkM

>to do draw for him

Wow that sucked

John k

>expecting a man who was notoriously tardy under studio pressure to do well with free reign

K never does anything that doesnt involve him trying to get his dick wet.

Theres several horror stories about him showing up at young animators houses with gifts and getting really mad when he realizes they have boyfriends or significant others. The thirst is real

>Carrozza's legacy is being that one asshole who worked on Fanboy & Chum Chum and Mighty "fast paced and unfunny" Magiswords
Hmm...

John really confuses me. Some of the posts on his blog show such a deep appreciation for and understanding of how good drawing and animation works. Why has he made nothing but crap since then? Even George Liquor seems less funny taken out of Ren and Stimpy.

>Why has he made nothing but crap since then?
Really shows how much he himself really understands "how good drawing and animation works", doesn't it?

1 year for a shitty, over-animated couch gag.

Clearly John had the best priorities in mind when he thought he could get Cans with Labels done.

>Do I make myself clear?
Jesus Christ

So this is what friendship looks like

He's a major loser.
John K might be a worse person inside but he's still better than Kyle.

I mean, John K does that all the time too, its only fair

That is not shit, thats one of the best things to come out of modern Simpsons but it's not the best.

This is the best.
youtube.com/watch?v=9qcY2ERwmaU

I bet you guys are the same people that think Telecom (TMS) is shit because they "over-animate" when in solid reality they're one of Japan's best animation studios. Thers no such thing as "over-animated" and "fourced animation", there is such a thing as under-animated and badly timed/posed however which you ass hats seem to praise with Studio Mir and Rough Draft.

Oh boy, here comes Famicom...

thats an tasty pic

Yes, it was.

Go to bed John K.

I get what you did there.

Fuck you famicom, you say that you were gonna to fuck off forever, be a man and stay true to your word

Explain. The original was almost complete garbage with Duck Dodgers:TAS being the only good show on that list, and Duck Dodgers:TAS was not "THAT" good.

>no tom & jerry
>no old looney toons
>no old disney
>no batman beyond
>no old samurai jack
>no teen titans
get yo ugly ass out of here

I feel like I should hate the person behind this comic but I also I want to fuck the racoon for some reason

Those shorts were made for theaters, not TV.

Also...
>no batman beyond
>no old samurai jack
>no teen titans
Not that good.

>batman beyond
>not that good

Weeeeew.

John is just an asshole and Kyle is a man-child. Both are shit,

This is John unfiltered. He no longer has his Spumco crew proper. They filled in what he lacked they left after Ripping Friends. The Spumco crew after that was mostly inexperienced fresh out of school fanboys. Some of the stuff only has John K taking credit. The Jetsons Spumco stuff is pretty much Gabe Swarr.

>teen titans
The animation was shit, the only thing it had was a good overarching stories and references

>Ren and Stimpy wasn't even that good.
Yes it was. Just not when it was Adult Party Cartoon.

What the fuck...?

>Thers no such thing as "over-animated" and "fourced animation"
"Fourced" animation? No
Over-animated? Yes.

And sadly, that's the state John K. is in these days. The reason why R&S's animation mostly worked is the timing. His modern stuff lacks that and he packs every frame with drawings with little rhythm to them. And the Simpsons couch gags are the best examples.

>I bet you guys are the same people that think Telecom (TMS) is shit because they "over-animate" when in solid reality they're one of Japan's best animation studios.
Hai Famicom.

>you ass hats seem to praise with Studio Mir and Rough Draft.
AHAHAHAHAHAHA
Wait, you're serious? good to know.

Here is the deal with John K and why he has not produced a single fucking damn thing of quality since getting fired from Ren and Stimpy.

John K, for all of his so-call knowledge, is a god-damn hack who's sole work of value (which he has been milking for DECADES) came about because he had a boot on his neck and people breathing down his neck, telling him NO and basically micromanaging him. Both in vetoing his bullshit plot ideas and forcing him to come up with ideas that were not shit, but also cracking the fucking whip and making him meet deadlines.

On his own, John K would be a god-damn nobody and laughed at in animation circles for his garbage work. His sole redeeming project (the first two and a half seasons of Ren and Stimpy) was only as brilliant as it was, due to HEAVY network meddling as far as John being forced against his will to meet production deadlines, along with having the network he worked for having veto power over his work when he tried to get them to approve something god-awful.

I heard about forced animation over at Sup Forums but I have no Idea what it's about, but theres no such thing as over-animated.

Those couch gags are some of the best things to come out of modern Simpsons, it's not the best but it's up there.
It's not like Ralph did anything worth meaning after Cool World... Oh wait.

youtube.com/watch?v=ri4iphUqShM

>Look I can also draw the funny faces
The concept of animation is completely lost in the artists head

>Tumblrsplainin

John is only good at animating and art, he's an awful person with awful ideas. Basically half his ideas are about his obsession with manliness like his dad and George Liquor and beating up nerds and Ralph Bakshi taking a shit.

I actually watched Fire Dogs 2 today... how would you feel if someone put on tv a cartoon about you being a fat slob walking with your finger up your butt?

I hate watching John K. laugh and smile and joke around about his father insulting him and being a general cold, borderline abusive asshole. Like he thinks it's just hilarious that he had a father who gave him a lifetime of daddy issues.

I'm just glad he doesn't have any kids of his own.

Last days was a shitshow, don't compare that to John's latest work. It's been less than two years too.

Actually, there IS such a thing as "Over-Animated" and those Simpsons couch gags exemplify that.

>It's not like Ralph did anything worth meaning after Cool World... Oh wait.
And that hasn't seen release either. So that makes your point null and void.

>Brings up John K.
>Turns into Kyle Carrozza hate thread
ADHD at it's best.

No there is not, nether is forced animation.

Do you think this is over animating?

youtube.com/watch?v=vsQrKZcYtqg

No, of course not and nether is Eric Goldberg's couch gag; John K's couch gags are not over animated as there is no such thing.

everyone copes in their own way

We seriously having this discussion?

Goldberg's couch gag was NOT over-animated because Goldberg is a good animator. John K.'s animation WAS "Over-animated" because he felt the need to shove in too many drawings in every fucking frame. And it's poorly timed in both openings.

John's clearly out of his element when it comes to animation these days. And that's before getting into the delays. If you feel the need to contradict me, then by all means, prove to me how John's animation isn't a literal pile of eye garbage.

I somehow doubt you will, but I'll be holding out regardless.

>TFW dropped 75$ on Cans

I still think it was worth it, because John is my idol and I got a signed drawing and a Spumco club membership.

I even expected the cartoon to be late, but not THIS late, holy balls.

Also, in March he said he was opening a new studio for a cartoon in Florida, and hasn't said anything since.

>ripping off the same guy that you're shitting on

You mean like KyoAni?

More like fans without cartoons am I roght fellas
It's been 4 years

Hey Sup Forums, which of you're favorite comic character's would more than likely survive in a post-apocalyptic world similar to fallout?

No Old Man Logan

wrong thread

Thoughts on pic related?

She lives it. And is also severely autistic.