Marvel is so incompetent at making villains that their "best villain" didn't even do anything wrong

>Marvel is so incompetent at making villains that their "best villain" didn't even do anything wrong

Tony did everything wrong

Tony is the true villain of the marvel universe.

>Rich narracistic asshole who screws his best friends over, creates killer robots, and lays off honest hardworking citizens
>Privleged kid who lets his friends down and destroys families
>The heroes

>Honest hardworking family man
>The villain

What did Marvel mean by this?

How is it possible that every single new Marvel movie makes it even more obvious that Tony is the biggest villain of the MCU?

They either hate Tony and they're trying their best to subtly make him look like a prick or they love him so they just hamfist him into everything, making him look like a prick because he's basically behind everything whether he meant to or not.

Antagonist doesn't always equal villain, my dude.

The only reason Vulture even became a villain is because Stark went around screwing over small business owners, instead of just subcontracting work to them and having a few supervisors make sure they weren't taking Alien tech.

It's fucked that Tony destroys places and then awards the department he controls the contracts to clean them up.

>It's fucked that Tony destroys places and then awards the department he controls the contracts to clean them up.
Hence why Vulture did nothing wrong.

It is funny because this is the second bird super villain he has played and third character that is based on a flying creature.

Who would win, Vulture or Falcon?

Plus the guys that Tony employed were assholes.

It's not "overextending" yourself if you have a signed contract. Apparently no compensation was even offered. Fuck Tony Stark. Vulture had a sense of honour and refused to turn on Peter because he saved his life. Tony would've turned Pete in if he was in the same position.

i guess it was only a matter of time before movie iron man turned into comic iron man

>Tony would've turned Pete in if he was in the same position.

Oh, not Tony. Happy maybe.

Vulture.

Falcon is just a black dude in a wing pack, Vulture is decked out with shittons of alien tech based gear made by the Tinkerer.

Vulture is still just a guy in a coat so he gets shot by anyone with half decent aim.

He did try to straight up murder Spidey a few times.

Only because Spidey aka a masked man picked a fight with him. If he didn't protect himself then who would provide for his family?

He did plenty wrong, but he was not a "evil" for the sake of evil/some grand scheme or mustache twirling. He just wanted to make money and take care of his family. When he finally had the chance to kill Peter, he decided nah, I'm in this for the money. Not for getting blood on "my hands."

Superior Iron Man RDJs swan song?

Honestly: if he flew under the radar for 8 fucking years, he really couldn't have done anything too high-profile. On the other hand, if he never really did, it could mean his group mostly targeted small shops and not the big corporations owned by the 1% that allegedly fucked him over.

>Plus the guys that Tony employed were assholes.
Tony didn't employ them, the government did.

While is certainly seems dodgy that Tony might be getting paid to clean up, the important thing is that all that tech gets off the streets as soon as possible. Tony wasn't keeping it. The government was. The shit Toomes was doing was exactly the kind of shit they were trying to avoid. Just because Tony is a fucking dick and Toomes was a character you could be sympathetic to does not make him right.

Is Tony secretly Thanos' greatest weapon?

>If he didn't protect himself then who would provide for his family?

That house was expensive as fuck. That wasn't "providing" that was building a fortune. He decided that having that jag was worth putting bombs in the hands of criminals and worth tossing people into lakes while they were all tied up.

He's a bad guy.

>>Blue Collar villains
Probably voted for Trump. They deserve worst. They deserve to be forced to work for nothing for the rest of their lives.

>Not wanting to give your kin the best possible things in life

Are you even a man?

Dude was stealing alien tech and selling it to criminals.

The fact that you can entirely see where he's coming from and sympathize with the guy makes him a better villain. The best villains aren't cackling cartoonish ones. They're the ones who end up in a bad place because of circumstances.

>Privileged kid
The only privelege he had was getting bit by the spider, otherwise he lives in a shit apartment in overcrowded New York with both parents dead

>Hot liberal aunt who lets him do whatever the fuck he wants
>Gets handouts from a CEO
>Goes to a private school

Parker is privileged.

>Are you even a man?

Prison is full of people who thought providing for their family meant putting other families in danger. And they belong there.

Midtown is a public school.

Shush you, no one likes when you point out that in 95% if scenarios most street level supers would just get shot.

Magnet schools are still public schools.

>Parker is privileged.
No wonder I didn't like him. He's not a underdog now that he has Uncle Moneybags in his corner giving him the best of everything.

>all antagonists must be mega-robo-satan-hitler and can't be written as realistic people

Birdman was a villain?

In any other movie, Adrian Toomes and his crew would be the heroes. They're working class people whose only crime is wanting to live. Boo hoo Peter can't get onto the super special secret police that overstep their boundaries and kick those who are already down.
Fuck Peter and Tony, Toomes was right.

>He wouldn't do anything for his family

I hope you never have kids

but he sold dangerous weapons and tried to kill spiderman

user has just been brainwashed to accept that it's okay to break the law if you're rich enough to buy the legal system, but if you do it for family or loved ones you're suddenly Mao Zedong.

>In any other movie, Adrian Toomes and his crew would be the heroes
Minus a bit of attempted murder, they really would be. They've got the Oceans Eleven thing going strong.

>I hope you never have kids

The feeling is mutual. I hope you never have kids because apparently you think that you can do whatever you want to to have an expensive car after you make one.

>let's put laser blasters in the hands of guys like Gargan that might just blow up if they use them next to a microwave but it's cool, because I really want to drop my daughter off at school in a Jaguar.

>I'm a parent and that means I can do whatever I want.

>I need my bad guys to be really really bad!

>I don't care if the heroes are shit eating rich kids who get off on beating up people trying to put food on the table.

What is his logic even
>Better put myself and my family at risk by doing dangerous crime to earn money, even though I already live in a mansion
>But it's okay cause it's all about familuh
He even murdered without a second thought

he's the worst part about SM:HM desu

the car scene was alright though

>tfw no Vulture gang movie where they BTFO spiderboy and Iron Dad, even if they don't kill them.
Fuck, I feel so robbed. That's the movie I want to see.

>beating up people trying to put food on the table.

I love how you guys have to pretend that he's starving when we all saw his house in the movie.

Dude could have used his tech to walk into any bank on the planet but he just has to arm complete dipshits with death ray guns that randomly explode to feed his poor children in his easily over 700,000 dollar house.

>Being a parent is hard, guys.

t. corporate apologist
It wasn't a fucking mansion, it was a middle class house. And he was going to lose it and be out on the street because Tony stole what he devoted his entire life too.

>selling weapons to murderes
>honest
ye okay

He could have just sold the suit to HYDRA and earn enough to retire for life.

What kind of fucking middle class house is 80% glass windows?

And how was he going to KEEP his house if Tony Stark stole his source of income?

He murdered one of his henchmen.

Oh silly me I forgot the part where Toomes says, "Golly Petey-o, my house 80% glass windows." It wasn't fucking 80% glass windows, he just had a few nice windows.

He didn't deserve a house that nice in the fucking first place. It's payed for through blood money.

>didn't even do anything wrong

bullshit! bullshit!

He disintegrated The Shocker

>poor people should learn their place and take whatever rich people do lying down.
He wouldn't have fucking needed blood money if Tony hadn't fucked him in the ass and stole his livelihood.
Shocker was never going to fucking happen anyways. So no, he didn't disintegrate the Shocker he disintegrated disposable mook number who gives a shit.

He thought it was the anti gravity gun though.

>It's payed for through blood money.

Isn't the entire Stark fortune (up until he starts playing with Arc Reactor energy) based in govt defense contracts?

>muh blood money meme
Fuck off. If you sell food to someone and that someone kills someone afterwards, does it make you responsible since you sustained him?
Though he'd be better off selling drugs. Idiots who poison themselves deserve everything that's coming to them.

>He even murdered without a second thought

That was an accident.

>he lost his job so it's ok for him to become a super villain
Can't you just find a new job that doesn't involve anything illegal? I know it's not easy but sometimes life gives you a tough break.

It was. Past tense.

The difference being that people don't normally kill one another with loaves of bread.

But sure, sell illegally obtained weapons to known criminal associates on the assumption that they're using them to build orphanages or whatever the fuck.

would ur reaction to accidentally murdering someone be
>woops

Fuck you bitch, now you made me want it too. Mysterio's practical effects studio gets shut down , everyone uses startech hologram technology and cgi.

Does that mean any business owner who sells a gun to someone who may or may not commit a crime with it is a bad guy?

Falcon's better a quick maneuvers and changing direction, Vulture's got way more power, is better at sustained flight and can hover for long periods. Falcon's wings are bulletproof, Vulture's are too and he can manipulate them as cutting objects with surprising dexterity. Falcon's wings don't have a power source that explodes if you point a microwave at it. Vulture definitely has the advantage in a close quarters fight with his knife wings and his hydraulic talons, but Falcon's easily the better actual hand to hand combatant. His Redwing drone also gives him something of an edge in a pinch.

I'd say Falcon's the still better flyer of the two but Vulture has a few more years experience with his own equipment than he does. I don't think Toomes was confirmed to be former Air Force but that was the impression I got from him going on about "fighting THEIR wars", a guy who was in Desert Storm or something as a pilot before he left the armed forces and became a construction worker.

Falcon's a Quinjet, Vulture's a Helicarrier basically. Whoever wins depends on the nature of the fight.

Vulture would fuck his shit up no contest

and then didn't give it a second thought

I bet you think ever 1%er deserves everything they have huh?

He's an old fucking man who has been doing salvaging all his fucking life, and you wanna tell him tough shit look elsewhere? Is he supposed to fucking going back to school and spend a shit ton of money and time on a degree while he has a family depending on him? Flipping burgers isn't going to keep them i their home. The man was desperate.

Okay, okay gentlemen. How do we meme a sinister-six ocean's-eleven styled movie into reality?

if they're illegally selling illegal weapons to people they know intend to use them for crimes, yes

I appreciate that Tony once again creates a supervillain by making massive, sweeping changes that he thinks will help people while not considering the opinions of the people he's forcing the changes on.

No, I don't. Vulture is just more transparently evil than the rest.

Doesn't change the fact it was an accident.

>if u shoot have to shoot at anyone, shoot at me
>okay
>black guy points the gun at spider man for like 3 second without shooting
?????

Still an accident.

> Vulture is just more transparently evil than the rest.

>who has been doing salvaging all his fucking life
That's a very useful skill which would look good on a resume. This dude's got tons of experience, he'll land on his feet. Fuck, he could've just tried to work for Damage Control himself.

You cannot come up with any reasonable excuse for him.

He was already dead and was just about to fuck up the whole operation, why would Toomes cry about it?

>This scene never happens in the movie
I feel cheated

>If you sell food to someone and that someone kills someone afterwards

...The dude was selling weapons to crooks that could blow up buildings. lol. Dude. Come on.

GOD DAMNIT user!
WE WILL NEVER GET THIS MOVIE, WHY, FUCKING WHY!?

go back

>Tony once again creates a supervillain by making massive

Dude could have, you know, wandered down to Damage Control and put in his resume since he was good at figuring out alien shit, but nope: selling death rays to murderers is the only way for him to eat. lol

But he's old too. Of course they're not going to hire him. They could hire younger people instead and they'll demand less, because they don't have lots of experience. Besides it didn't look like they were hiring, since they were just told to fuck off.

>>I'd say Falcon's the still better flyer of the two but Vulture has a few more years experience with his own equipment than he does

The movie only says that 8 years passed between Toomes losing the contract to clean up Chtauri tech and the airport battle of Civil War. For all we know, Vulture's only had his wingsuit for 2 of those years while they did R&D.

Meanwhile, afaik the movies occur in real time except for the obvious timeskips and montages, so Hulk happened in 2008, Avengers in 2012, etc. Correct me if I'm wrong.

If that's the case, then Falcon has had at least two years as Falcon, between WS and CW, plus however many he had before that as a paratrooper

Anyway Vulture would win. He's just got more destructive output and more tricks. He could easily take advantage of Falcon's maneuverability to lure him into a box and trap him there like with Peter. Then he'd just disintegrate him.

Bank robbery is a crime people.

>Besides it didn't look like they were hiring, since they were just told to fuck off.
I don't think those are the same people who are in charge of hiring. That wasn't the Damage Control HR department if you catch my drift.

But alright, let's say they wouldn't hire him. He's still got all kinds of technical/mechanical experience. There's just gotta be a fucking job for this guy out there.

>Norman Osborn has a psychotic breakdown because Stark drives him out of buisiness
>Kraven's show rating has plummeted because people just want to watch the Avengers fight aliens not some washed up russkie killing crocodiles with his bare hands
>Otto Octavius has to resort to doing experiments in a basement because no one wants to invest in his tech because Stark is around

Yet Ocean's eleven is a movie and we root for Clooney.

Just because he was likable doesn't mean what they did wasn't a crime. They even get arrested in the 2nd one.

Congratulations, you just figured out how movies work.

>But he's old too. Of course they're not going to hire him.

yeah, companies just hate hiring supervisors for supervisory positions that know what they're doing. Meanwhile those of us with jobs know that this dude probably would have had a slam dunk resume had he not, you know, assaulted the dude who apparently worked there.

Yes, yes, yes.

Good. Very good.

Does the anti gravity gun mean Agents of SHIELD is canon? Only MCU instance of a gravity powered guy that I am aware of

also, where the hell did the purple shit that lets them phase through walls come from? The Chitauri weren't doing anything like that, nor were the Asgardians or Ultron or anyone that I can remember

I think this movie is implying there is all kind of other shit going on

No one says Vulture didn't commit crimes. They say he's rootable.

>The Chitauri weren't doing anything like that, nor were the Asgardians or Ultron or anyone that I can remember
Cool, so you're saying Iron man didn't fly into a wormhole to deliver a Nuke during Avengers? Because that's fucking news to me

He was fucking robbed and they didn't compensate him for it. Of course he was angry, the man lashed out and now being a villain was the only way.

>"best villain" didn't even do anything wrong

Are you simple? OP's post says he didn't do anything wrong.

The tesseract wormhole was very different from the matter phase shifter. One is a tunnel through space and the other makes solid shit not solid anymore temporarily.