I'm looking for comic books or cartoons that are similar to The Maxx or Scott Pilgrim

I'm looking for comic books or cartoons that are similar to The Maxx or Scott Pilgrim.

Other urls found in this thread:

mangakakalot.com/manga/k_no_souretsu
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Seconds is by Lee O'Malley and it's pretty good

K no Souretsu is great.

mangakakalot.com/manga/k_no_souretsu

Gloom Cookie

Muzz

How is this similar to Scott Pilgrim?

It is similar to The Maxx.

Similar in what way?
The action?
The Art style?
The themes of aimless youth trying to self actualize?
The waifu?

>the maxx or scott pilgrim

are these two similar at all?

Fuck no.

This. Let's be honest, it's a strictly better retelling of Scott Pilgrim's core plot.

The themes of aimless youth trying to self actualize.

Again, what you want here is Seconds. It's literally exactly what you described. Here, i'll paraphrase the dust jacket.

"Katie (girl-scott) is a chef in her late-20s. By any measure, she's already successful, especially for her age. But she's also deeply unhappy, and struggling to make the transition into real adulthood. Then she gets the power to edit her personal timeline, and tries to fix everything she thinks is wrong with her life. Predictably, things get out of hand."

It's Scott Pilgrim, redone with the benefit of hindsight and editing. And instead of the video game motifs, it hits a kind of KSBD/OTGW new-weird vibe that I absolutely love. It makes the whole story feel nostalgic and eerie, and really drives home the pernicious enuie of waning youth. So if that's what you liked about scott pilgrim, read Seconds.

Lost at Sea.

Oh, you like Scott Pilgrim? I mean you could pick up some...

I mean, uh.

No, wait, nevermind.

Octopus pie, if you're up for an eight thousand year backlog

The ending is super rushed and pretty underwhelming.
It builds up the conflict for quite a while and then it's all resolved with a few lines of dialogue and 6 pages.

>namefag tries to be "funny"

While I respect your right to have a different opinion, I could not disagree more strongly. When Katie returns the witch to the fireplace? I still get chills reading that. Like i said, there's something about that particular style of fantasy that just GETS me, man.

Lucky Penny comic

That part was beautiful
But I also get your point
I guess I loved the setup and the weird shit before it so much, but yeah, it was a bit rushed. Still love it tho

hey Sup Forums I just did this and the thread seems appropiate for it.

Undo it

Nicely done. You don't see much appreciation for Scott Pilgrim girls art-wise these days

thanks, her legs are justice

It's great user, good job