'Batman: Gotham By Gaslight' Animated Movie In The Works

>The next direct-to-video DC Comics-based animated feature has been revealed to be an adaptation of the ’80s Elseworlds story Batman: Gotham by Gaslight

cbr.com/batman-gotham-by-gaslight-animated-movie-announced/

Im excited, this is my favourite Batman story so hopefully its done justice.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l21HLncmHGU
youtube.com/watch?v=sGx_vqLsYLU
youtube.com/watch?v=vrmtB-1crJI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>this is my favourite Batman story
why

CAN WE HAVE SOMETHING NOT BATMAN RELATED FOR FUCKS SAKE

MAKE A GODDAMNED WONDER WOMAN MOVIE OR SOMETHING

I like Gotham by Gaslight but I hate the prospect of this
>another fucking animated Batman movie
>almost guaranteed to have the generic and terrible art style that every DC Animated Movie MUST have for some reason, removing one of the big appeals of the comics
>DC cartoon movies as of late have been mediocre-to-bad, Gods and Monsters and JL Dark are some of the only good ones in years IMO

because its a unique Elseworlds story with Batman hunting for Jack the Ripper and relies heavily on his detective skills. It also has great art. I love it.

There are ZERO chances this will do justice to Mignola's vision. Why even bother.

JL Dark was woeful. If that's what's considered 'good', the rest must be outright fucking atrocious

Warner Bros would like to make money off of these things, you know.

Will they make it look like a mignola comic?

>the rest must be outright fucking atrocious
Oh yeah they are.

Judas Contract is probably the best one in a while and even it was meh at best. Probably would've been better had they done Terra shit in another movie to build her up and not cram a bunch of shit in there.

I'd like to see a Superman & Batman Generations but I doubt DC would ever do it.

Start giving money on other comics then.
DC will going to keep making Batman related things until he's stop selling. He still sells after all this oversaturation of the character.

My inner historian is crying because I know the writers will butcher the history with all sorts of inaccuracy

Wish they'd adapt more Superman/Batman arcs.

On the bright side, they don't need to manufacture extra content like the Killing Joke. Just adapt Gaslight and Master of the Future together. MotF is a very underrated sequel.

Just let Madhouse animate it for fuck's sake.
youtube.com/watch?v=l21HLncmHGU
youtube.com/watch?v=sGx_vqLsYLU
youtube.com/watch?v=vrmtB-1crJI
This book deserves this level of shadow & detail, all the recent films have been unbearably plain and simple.

I wonder if the success of live action WW will convince them to make another animated one.

Anime studios are so woefully in need of cash they would do it for a relatively low price.
Honestly I hope more companies figure out that some of the most talented animation studios in the world are literally begging for work, there's potential for some really great adaptations to be made.

>wake up
>still no red son adaptation

Keep your weeb shit out of my cartoons please

Warner Bros is retarded so I doubt they'll let that happen.

At best we'll get a JL movie centered around her or Hiketeia because Batman would be in both.

>MAKE A GODDAMNED WONDER WOMAN MOVIE OR SOMETHING
This. Give us an adaptation of League of One, or the storyline where Circe takes over New York.

>not 'the doom that came to gotham'

>Not JLA: Act of God
>Not JLA: Created Equal
>Not Super/Wondy: Whom Gods Destroy

Although a more proper adamption would be nice, not John's Warrior Woman like she's been in the recent animated fare.
For fucks sake, how long has it been since we got a Green Lantern one, or even a bloody Superman DTV? I get that Batman and the Justice League are safe bets, but a little diversity doesn't hurt either.

>saying all those but not ASBAR

Is it part of their N52 movie continuity?

>mfw we don't even get an animated WW movie in 2018

Better than the current trash coming out of WB animation

It's possible it won't be; they've made some that aren't part of it since Flashpoint like Killing Joke and of course God's and Monsters. Most of the stuff is default N52 unless it explicitly wouldn't work within continuity, like Gotham by Gaslight.

>ASBAR but not Battle for Bludhaven
>ASBAR but no Supes: At Earth's End
>ASBAR but no Supes: Distant Fires

It's true, which is stupid since you'd think they'd want to cash in on the big screen picture's success. This dame's a hot property right now, hot I tells ya!

The Dark Knight Returns movie was good, especially because it was pretty much a 1:1 adaptation of the comic and they even changed the artstyle for once to make it look more like Miller's. Also it helped that Batman was voiced by fucking Robocop. That being said, there were a few things that were considerably worse than in the comic due to the art being too "clean" compared to the comic, like when Superman gets hit by the nuke and when Batman sits down next to Joker's smiling corpse.

Overall I thought it was a solid adaptation and they only way it could have been better is if they perfectly recreated Miller's art. Then again, you guys seem to hate all these DC animated movies and I enjoyed all of them I've seen except Son of Batman, maybe I'm just a pleb

>That being said, there were a few things that were considerably worse than in the comic due to the art being too "clean" compared to the comic, like when Superman gets hit by the nuke
And the lack of Superman's speech while fighting the military making his choices more morally understandable.
And the demonization of Regan was even less subtle then Miller's handling of it.

Almost all the early stuff was good, just it got worse after Flashpoint and now all of them are only mediocre at best and there's no diversity in either artstyle or story.

You're retarded if you think comic book sales are what prop up the Batman media dynasty. Those movies are aimed at fans of the movies or video games, people who will never go into a comic store but will see this at WalMart or wherever the fuck.