>Movie about an African hero set Africa
>Plays American hip hop music during the trailer

I don't understand this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vXWDnkRWKVg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>shitty Sup Forums bait thread that mods won't delete

I don't understand this.

The music of the marvel cinematic comes in two varieties. You will either have American pop music, or shitty background music. Either you wont notice it or it is just there so the average American will recognize it.

>Movie about an African hero set in Africa
>Said African is played by an American.
Gee, I don't understand that either, OP.

Marvel thinks all black people are like black Americans in ghetto neighborhoods.

Hip hop doesn't even have messages these days. The beat was kickin and the rhymes were tight, but the song was literally, literally, two rappers rapping about how they're both rappers and are awesome because of it.

If you're going to make an Americanized BP, at least have him listen to the good shit.

I had a problem with this as well.

Why not use some traditional African music? Do something interesting with it, give it a sci-fi twist, I dunno.

>movie about American criminals set in America
>plays British rock music during the trailer

I don't understand this

I agree, that was fucking retarded.

It's called marketing. Jesus is this thread bait?

>I don't understand this.
Because it makes no sense at all.

>Set an Africa
>Is an American production
>Most of the Africans are played by Americans (save one played by a Mexican, one played by a Brit and another played by an actual African)
>An American played by a Brit
>A South African played by a Brit

Is OP trying to make a point here?

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make because it didn't counter OP at all.

RTJ is the fucking truth it don't even matter

Yes you do, shut up

Where's Priest when you need him

No, I really dont and I'm an African American.

I don't want blacks in my movies

>my movies

But they're not your movies

Judas Priest?

1.Hip-H

>Movie about millennial characters in a millennial setting
>Largely uses Gen X songs

I don't understand this.

STEP INTO THE SPOTLIGHT

Welcome to the current year.

WOO!

LETS KICK BUTT

Millennials play too much guitar hero?

>Americanized BP
How?

African Americans are the only Africans silly

>Hip hop doesn't even have messages these days.
Literally the most famous rapper right now is entirely about conscious shit.

>futuristic african civilization
>skyscrapers have thatched roofs
this will never stop making me laugh. Who approved this shit? It looks like it could easily be gorilla city

>Gorilla City
But it is?

I could name 15 rappers that would prove you wrong.

I remember when the trailer for the movie about the Tuskegee Airmen (ww2) had dubstep. That rustled my jimmies.

I don't understand it and while I do love RTJ, that shit is so tiresome. How about some creative original music. The nigga needs a theme, right? That would have been a good time to give people a taste of said theme. Instead, we get "lel they're black, make it hiphop"! I'm not the type of person that walks around getting triggered, but this shit and people using the phrase "people of color" will never not piss me the fuck off.

If Peter is 15, wouldn't he actually be generation Z?

yes. millennials are all adults now

i don't want neo-nazis on my board

thankfully that ain't true

>Movie about africa
>they choose hip hop
Sorry, it's true

I think it's to reference old-school 80's high-school movies. Ferriss Buellers Day Off gets an extended shout-out.

When has that EVER not been the case? Rap and hiphop is the shallow liquid shit dribbling from the anus of pop culture that it always has been.

I'm meant that all black people are like American black ghetto thugs.
Should have actually worded that better, my bad.

Breaking the law or living after midnight, depends on the day

Exactly, because it doesn't matter. Like OP's point also.

Go listen to Lupe Fiasco and realize how wrong you are.

I bet you listen to djent and wear cargo shorts

Don't drag cargo shorts into this.

>I'm African american
Cool but I fail to see what that has to do with anything.

they're bad, I'm sorry

Marvel did a Run the Jewels hip hop variant cover. Makes sense to tie in one of their better recent songs for this one trailer

>Run the Jewels in a 50/50 partnership between a white rapper/producer and a black rapper who have put out multiple free albums together as Run the Jewels

It's marketing.
I hate how normies now love Black Panthers now he's in capeshit. It's just like the Aquaman scenario.

>tfw just want a badass orchestral rock main theme with African drum beats, polyrhythms, and chanting

Americans genuinely believe that "Africa" is a "country" inhabited by "African Americans" and some white people who oppress them.

>Movie that is mostly for an American audience
>Uses American music

Was it autism?

You.

>Fantastic Four
>Illuminati
>X-Men

>MCU

RTJ is for 20 something to middle aged white men who think they're cool because they retweet stuff from "black people twitter"

>RTJ is for 60 year old japanese women who enjoy field hockey.
>RTJ is for young Pakistani gay tweens who post makeup videos
>RTJ is for retarded anons who acts as gatekeepers to hip-hop

RTJ is jedi mind tricks tier in regards to fans, it's white people hip hop, just accept it

>it's white people hip-hop
Only white people say this shit.

WE

ARE THE CHAMPIONS MY FRIEND
AND WE'LL KEEP ON FIGHTING TILL THE END...

yeah, saying something is "white" is exclusive to other whites, black culture has always done that

lmao holy shit what movie is this

>Won't delete this
>Dlete threads about cartoon show

Kendrick Lamar? Two first names? The fuck is up with that shit?

Im sure while you are rocking out to Kid Rock or Ted Nugent in your wife beater you think youve reached true musical greatness.

WUZ

Fuck off Sup Forumsmblr

>movie about black people

I don't understand that.

Not outside of underground stuff you can't

Yeah cause Led Zeppelin screams Nordic Europeans

Americans are staggeringly myopic.

>you're not allowed to have a fun braggadocio song once in a while
not every song needs a big message, and a lot of their other songs do have more serious messages

any excuse to play Run the Jewels is okay with me

>once in a while
90% of black American culture is now braggadocio, and the Electric Burger means that it's infecting other black cultures that have no reason to be smug crotch-grabbing ghetto apes.

The lack of message in the trailer song is probably because very few artists would sing about the hardships of being an african superhero king who has to live daily with every other leader on the planet trying to fellate him for just a sliver of his nation's scientific advancements and resources.

Tribal sci-fi is what Kirby made Wakanda to be, but I'm sure this movie will be as devoid of Sci fi as it will jungle mysticism. I'm positive T'challa would abhor rap music honestly and the criminal low life culture it glorifies.

>tfw no pagoda penthouse apartment

Because Marvel, SJW's, African Americans, and what have you, despite stroking Africa's dick as hard as humanly possible, don't know a single fucking thing about Africa outside of "dude, lip plates, lmao"

yeah, the thor trailer made me think they'd go that direction with this but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Trailers are for marketing, you silly people. Trailer songs serve only to make people excited. It might surprise you, but the company would like to attract black americans to this movie.

But I guess any excuse to get upset is a good excuse here.

That's Generation Z, not Millennials dumbass.

I wonder how poorly this will do in China. They'll probably have to put recap text at the beginning of the next movies if anything relevant happened in Black Panther.

>newfags can't Run The Jewels

People said Star Wars: TFA and Civil War would do poorly in China too and look what happened.

People are really dumb with ethnicity. Like its not uncommon for the average american to not understand there are non muslim middle easterners or for them to automatically assume an asian american born person is cultural or into video games and anime.

>Can accept them invent the world's most advance technology
>Can't accept them inventing hip hop

SHOGUNS N SHIT

Pretty sure most of this site assumes that all Asians are into video games and anime and doesn't seem to be aware that there are Asians out there who couldn't care less about that sort of thing.

Welcome to the Jungle.

His full name is Kendrick Lamar Duckworth.

Grandmaster Flash's famous song "The Message" would like a word with you.

It's way easier to be mad, tho.

Literally been listening to this all night:

youtube.com/watch?v=vXWDnkRWKVg

The sorts of people who say this shit don't even listen to hiphop lmao

I'm talking about like the general population.

>I could name 15 rappers that would prove you wrong.

10 of them are Action Bronson.

Wait isn't he British or was that the black guy in Doctor Strange