This would've been the perfect modern reboot if Reed Richards was replacing Tony

This would've been the perfect modern reboot if Reed Richards was replacing Tony.

He seems like a better fit for the "internship" cover.

>Reed Richards
Who?

Yeah it'd be the perfect homage to Amazing Spiderman #1.

It would have been a perfect modern reboot if it was anything like Ditko's Spider-Man.

>Ditko's Spider-Man
>modern

?

only if Reed took back the suit and peter had to go home in a spare f4 costume with a bag on his head

I can't see Reed being as condecending as Tony, even if Reed is a smug elitist

It would have been different

ITT: people who never ever ever read comics

(you)

Actually it would've been perfect if Flash was actually a fit jock instead of being a nerd that chased Penis Parker.

why would a magnate school for science prodigies have a football team?

Not really? Like one of the better parts of this is that Tony sees a younger him in Peter which I don't think is as prominent in Reed. The whole "more than the suit" thing also isn't as good.

It being Tony Stark of all peoplescolding him also shows Tony's character development especially how he tried to call Peter and shit to break the cycle as I don't think Reed really had any daddy issues.

ITT: someone regurgitates a meme about that one time Peter worked for Tony Stark for only a /year/. Which was only used as a set up to destroy their relationship which still hasn't recovered because Tony betrayed his trust and preformed experiments on Peter to raise an army of Spider-Men.

>Tony's character development
You mean the guy who hired a 15 year old kid to bring in international superhuman criminals? The guy who in that single act broke any possible argument he could've had against Cap regarding the Accords? He shows his character development, does he?

B ... but Reed Richards isn't in the MCU!!!

A lot of things in SM:H are indirectly Tony's fault. Toomes becomes the Vulture because Tony monopolizes the cleanup of supervillain attacks, keeps Peter in the dark about everything - including how his suit works - for months, doesn't even bother to tell Peter that he forwarded information to the FBI and they will be handling Toomes, and seemingly doesn't bother to inform the FBI that they're going to be dealing with guys armed with alien technology when you consider it's just a half dozen FBI agents with guns on the boat.

did they have spidey sense? Because otherwise it seems better to go other routes

I feel like Raimi's films were already Ditko enough, but also maintained their own unique personalities

I feel like with Homecoming we got "cultural osmosis" Spider-Man, or all the surface-level traits which have endured and risen to the surface of the popular perception of the character rather than any of the heart or nuance of the original character.

It was a pretty good movie though all things considered.

In the 60s comics Spidey is friend of Human Torch and is inspired by him and the F4 (Marvel big success at the time, the Avengers aren't popular with the public until much later).

Tony Stark replaced Johnny Storm was Peter friend/mentor and Avengers did the same for the F4.

Hasn't he been pretty tight with the X-Men before to?
I feel he doesn't really hang out with them or the F4 anymore

Oh the irony.

In fact, Peter doesn't seem to interact with the greater MU outside of Deadpool really.

But they wanted the movie to make money.

Blame Fox. They held the X-men and Fantastic Four film rights just to spite Marvel

Spidey only hanged with the X-Men in the 80s cartoon (hello Iceman) and the Ultimate Universe when he dated Kitty Pryde.

Spider-Man had adventures with the Avengers, one of my first comics was a Spidey joining the Avengers in the early 90s.

Well considering the F4 don't even exist anymore, no wonder. Though he did hang out with Johnny in the first issue of Zdarsky's book literally a couple weeks ago.