It was okay, nothing special. It'll probably be forgotten in about six months...

It was okay, nothing special. It'll probably be forgotten in about six months. If you have a big nostalgia boner for the games it might have a bit more impact, but otherwise it scrapes by at 'could be better'.

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/2017/02/09/first-time-warren-ellis-wrote-castlevania-animation-ten-years-ago/
youtube.com/watch?v=JYfgpodCVHE
olremix.org/remixes/300
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Okay

There's already a thread

We can have more than one thread about any given topic

I'll go make another to help round things off for you.

The way I keep hearing people talk about the animation I was expecting utter garbage. Yeah it's not as fluid as I'd like it to be but it looks more than serviceable. As for the story, moving Lisa's life and death right up next to CV3 just makes me want to root for fucking Dracula. Aslo, I can't believe they kept the goat fucking anecdote.

Why scatter discussion over multiple threads and unnecessarily push threads off the board though? Especially on Sup Forums where people are storytiming

What is the goat thing from? Is it a reference to something in Castlevania?

Well the next season will probably be coming out in six months so it'll probably be the opposite of forgotten.

So, you like to watch Castlevania

No, it's just something Ellis wrote about on the old-ass fucking blog for this from a million years ago. The blog is long dead but this article has the entirety of what was posted there. I forgot that IGA was involved with that draft, so I guess most of what we got has/had his blessing.

bleedingcool.com/2017/02/09/first-time-warren-ellis-wrote-castlevania-animation-ten-years-ago/

Given the Metal Gear movie seems to be finally happening, Netflix definitely needs to have some sort of easter egg for watching both.

Ok, before this thread devolves into an science vs religion argument or even worse cartoon vs anime shitfest.

Post what are you hopes for season 2. Mine, seeing the creature.

Ditto. Him or Medusa.

I want some of the crazier weapons like the flying bibles.

Medusa Tits

Nice opinions OP

This. Stopwatch, that fucking card that lets you shoot lightning bolts, the cross boomerangs, all of that stuff would be awesome.

Also Alucard using more skills, or either vampires changing forms.

Grant
Pretty please

This board would be totally lost without your opinion. You should start a youtube channel. I'd like and subscribe that!

I want to see this.

For this show to not get a 3rd of 4th season out of nowhere.

Granted, but he now looks like this.

I just want the Grim Reaper

I liked the little nod with the arcing axe.

They're probably going to go with monsters who appeared in the third game

Can a Castlevania series span beyond 4 seasons?

If they continue beyond 3 I assume yes.

Why would that be Grants design? They didn't use the Judgement version for Trevor or Sypha so why would they use Grants design from that shitty fucking game?

he's doing a monkeys paw thing user.

The Creature is in 3.

>Post what are you hopes for season 2
a full season of at least 10 episodes or an hour in length if they end up only doing 4-6 episodes.

Also grant was cursed into a beast in the game before he joins the party, that is suppose to be his monster form.

>anime shows whip was made from somekind of leather material
>vidya show it some kind of chain/iron material

Nigga wat, explain this sciencefag

Maybe his whip isn't the legit vampire killer yet and it'll happen at some other point in the anime.

Grant Danasty

He punched holes in Alucard with it and killed demons. Its the family whip.

honestly... I want simply this theme playing
youtube.com/watch?v=JYfgpodCVHE

Probably just easier to animate.

Deathbro, preferably voiced by Steve Blum. Grant. Actual music from the games.

It's following the old canon. It's been the dead girlfriend whip for a almost half a century at least.

Because generals are the greater evil

There have been a fuckton of games. I mean some of them are a bit light on lore and wouldn't be worth adapting, but they have material for like 10 seasons if they wanted easily.

I have a bad feeling that we'll just see a lot of generic demons and maybe two boss monsters (probably death, doppelganger, and one other one). I can see Frankenstein's monster being considered too "silly" or something.

They got tons of alchemy and electrical shit going on in the castle, I'd be surprised if the creature didnt show up.

olremix.org/remixes/300

Juese Belmont

My favorite insult in this show is definitely Trevor's description of the Bishop:
>He's beyond insane... he's over the top and into whole new lands of snake-fuckingly crazy...

Netflix can afford to toss money around, also tons of people have it so it's an easy place to consolidate all those viewable projects which were going to die.
Do we know anything about the Metal Gear movie and if it's even live action or animated? I can accept the latter.

We already know that it's going to be 8 episodes. The show was written as 3 movies, which have been split up into 4 episodes each. The first "movie" was season 1 while movies 2 and 3 are season 2.

Was worried it was just going to be a celebrity stunt casting thing but Richard Armitage did a great job as Trevor. Really sold the washed up hero and the stranger lines.
>I am Sypha Belna-
>I don't care

wait what... metal gear movie were already made 20 years ago you know it rite?

I loved it. fight me.
never even played the games.

Grant Danesti
Medusa Heads, Bone Towers, all that shiz
Cross boomerangs, weapon crashes
It's a long shot but I hope they get Beginning or Vampire Killer into the soundtrack even if it's brief.

>never even played the games.
you gotta fix that

Live action, director is the same guy who did the latest Kong Skull Island movie. He's been talking about it a lot recently.

So far he's used the dagger, axe, and holy water. There's the stopwatch and cross left to go.

Not really

>It'll probably be forgotten in about six months.
Why do people make retarded statements like this? It's only 4 episodes pand it will probably be a long time before we get the rest, of course no one is going to still be talking about it after 6 months regardless of how shitty or amazing they think it is. I'd never expect constant discussion for anything but long-running series'.

Medusa heads, Frankenstein's Monster, Death, Dracula's grotesque true form.

>I'd never expect constant discussion for anything but long-running series'.

Katana Shogun laughs at you.

It was trending on twitter, people will be pumped for season 2. Also end of season stinger with Simon and Simon's theme playing

I gave up in the second episode during the incomprehensible dialogue if the British guys ranting about the Belmont family. I just don't give a fuck about that.

biiiiiiiiitch

who?

MEAT

IN

WALL

This. There was barely enough to keep me interested.

better secondary animation
that's literally it

Huh? No, fuck you, it was great. A bit low budget, but fantastic fight choreography and solid writing. And exactly what i wanted from atmosphere. I can't wait fir more.

wait, no, I lied.
no romance subplot. for the love of god please

The whip was often leather in the games by default, the chain form is a power up.

Some of you guys are alright. Don't show up to Wallachia tomorrow.

Sypha and Trevor canonically fuck, you're hosed

>mfw

at least that it's subtle and well-done I hope

It was less better than the DMC anime so it wasnt that bad
its one of the better vidya cartoon adaptations thats for sure

It's nowhere near Gungrave-tier, and not quite Sengoku Basara-tier. I'd place it in the same tier as the Street Fighter and Darkstalkers anime.

Fuck sorry. I meant Cripple Waifu simulator, with its 3000 generals.

>watching the jap dub eng sub version
literally for what reason

>Tick tock rock around the block
>Knock-knock, who's there?
>IT'S TREVOR BELMONT'S COCK

Because he's a weeaboo who thinks Japanese is a holy language compared to filthy gaijin English.

gave it a relisten after i watched it

Other than marrying Lisa and fathering Alucard it's probably the nicest fucking thing Dracula's ever fucking done for any human ever.

What the fuck do they even talk about anymore?

I want to hear Dracula rant about humanity just once.
>"My wife DIED because of men. And I wasn't there because she bade me walk the earth like a man. BUT WHAT IS A MAN?!"

Go and see for yourself.

The English sub is ripped from Netflix itself

The constant swearing kind of took me out so the Japanese audio hides that a bit

>Twice the speed, got twice the guard
>and all the bitches know, I fuck twice as hard

if the series gets to Rondo/Symphony, I will be disappointed if Drac doesn't have a line pulled straight from that exchange

Trevor remind anyone else of Joseph Joestar a bit? At least if Joseph was a lot more cynical and jaded.

>Dracula actually does the pillar of light teleport

This show could be better but it's still great and your opinion is stupid.

Gotta love how "lukewarm response" is the hottest new way to be a cynical jaded dismissive contrarian hipster.

I like drunk Richard Armitage too much to give that up for weeb audio.

Anything other than over the top, shit jizzing praise is seen as 'cynical and jaded' by you guys. If a response isn't about how something makes you cum rainbows and is written like a twelve year old that just discovered tumblr, it isn't considered honest or sincere.

The amount of references we got to the games is way more than I expected. I love the villagers vs monsters scene in the fourth episode even essentially turns into a side scroller what with the walls Sypha puts up.

Oh no.

I'm simply pointing out that we can clearly see through your attempt to disguise seething contrarianism beneath moderation, because it's become so commonplace that it's no longer subtle enough to be convincing.

For example, the cynical jab at "nostalgia boner" really gives off that low-key venomous passive-aggressiveness that's typical of contrarian hipsterdom in a pretty blatant way. A few years ago it might have come off as a honest observation on your part and be taken seriously, but nowadays people pick up on that shit right away because the "it was okay BUT *snarky remark about current trends*" format has become very widespread in the contrarian scene.
So you're gonna need to come up with a new strategy real soon if you want to still be the edgiest kid on the block, because
-rabid hostility
-ironically excessive praise
-disdainful rejection
-dismissively moderate enjoyment
are all pretty much played out.

>"Ya'll better get out of here in a year or I'll fuck your shit up"
>"Oh yea, I'm talking to you through a giant fucking head of fire so you know I can do it"
>People decide to stay and celebrate the killing of a "witch"
>"Lol, what could go wrong?"
>Dracula is true to his word
>"WWWoooowwwww, how could this have happened?"
What did they mean by this?

"Mankind. A cesspit of hatred and lies!"

I want to see the composers who did Castlevania 4 come on board to do the soundtrack. The fact that this show has such bad music I atrocious considering the game OSTs

you mean christians ? No muslim were harmed in this cartoon

ask Konami

I think he wasn't telling them to get out of Dodge, just the old lady, He was telling them to say their prayers because they're all going to die.

The only reason he didn't kill them all immediately was because he needed to farm monsters.

That's because Dracula already killed them all.