DCEU Discussion, Appreciation & Hope Thread!

Steppenwolf toys confirms new 52 influence while still being less alien & monstrous then the communion scene.
That said it's way to similar to Ares. If they had given Ares his classic glossy slick blue-ish armor this would be less of a problem but fuck no they had to do that crap with the fucking scrap metal. Fuckers.
I do like his head design although the viking beard would have been nice.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s-MUzvASr8s
youtube.com/watch?v=UJ6uMfqKckw
youtube.com/watch?v=z9BL59uiAz8
youtube.com/watch?v=bzchUEiiW4Y
youtube.com/watch?v=4e7Ncm7rqCc
youtu.be/o0MIFHLIzZY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Communion scene for comparison...
youtube.com/watch?v=s-MUzvASr8s

Reminder not to trust toys as sources. The Mattel DC Multiverse Ares had quite a few changes from the final movie look. They begin making these things almost a full year ahead of a movie's release.

that was to hide the spoiler

Fair point, the Bvs toys also included Lex with a mecha suit.

Wish they had stuck with the goat skull, would have been more striking then the half assed Sparta helmet we got.

I am perfectly willing to tolerate Elfman's presence so long as when Clark is reborn/turned good again, he reuses a variation of Zimmer's Superman theme.

I was kinda disappointed we didn't get this

Fuck yes! I was hoping he'd look less like a monster faced humanoid and more like pic related.

Looks fine, i just wish he had more colour, looks bland af.

you'll TOLERATE it all because you are a reject DCEUshill. it doesn't matter how dark and edgy or light and fun it is. you'll lap all of it all up only because you hate marvel's success on you're on DC's team.

I still expect this movie to be a disaster. I'm not sure anything good can come of Snyder actively trying to do a lighthearted movie, and then Whedon coming along in postproduction to clean things up. I expect a complete shitshow.

But it doesn't matter now that Wonder Woman was successful. The DCEU will endure, and Snyder's missteps in Man of Steel and Batman vs Superman will gradually be ironed out of the universe.

Apparently at one point the Enchantress was going to open a boom tube and summon Steppenwolf instead of just your average sky portal of doom.

>only because you hate marvel's success
But user... I don't. The Mcu & Dceu are both awesome.
Mos is my 2nd favorite movie & Winiter Soldier/Civil War are my 11th & 12 favs.
Both of them are superior to Bvs & certainty suicide squad in terms of number of flaws.
I can acknowledge the dceu has issues while still loving & cherishing other things they do.

>But it doesn't matter now that Wonder Woman was successful. The DCEU will endure, and Snyder's missteps in Man of Steel and Batman vs Superman will gradually be ironed out of the universe.

That's the spirit, slugger

This will be certified Fresh in at least the low 80s thanks to Whedon, while under Synder it would be in the low 60s

Jesus, aside from the asian, those are some beautiful people.

2 key things I am praying for.

> 1.) If they do the whole evil Superman bit, the absolute critical thing will be to show that he is absolutely influenced/possessed to a extent by Wolf's tech and that he is not actually rampaging just because he thinks Lois is dead, that can be the spark of rage they use to drive there control but he still MUST not be in control of his mind & choosing to hurt the world over Lois.

> 2.) It must be revealed quickly after release exactly what scenes Joss did.

>It must be revealed quickly after release exactly what scenes Joss did.
I am hoping that will not be the case so that you rapid lot will tear at each others' throats with foaming mouths, trying to prove the scene is shit just because you have a hunch Whedon did it, only to be proven wrong later.

>Steppenwolf is a generic looking grey thing
Thanks Snyder. You won't be missed

>someone states an opinion
>HURRR DURR YOURE A SHILL COCKMUNCHING FAGGOT
Delet this

>But it doesn't matter now that Wonder Woman was successful. The DCEU will endure
have you heard of any movies coming after Aquaman? No? Neither has anyone else

DC movies are dead Blunder Womyn's "success" means nothing

M E R A
E
R
A

OK user

>toys confirm

Like they did with Mandarin? And Shocker? And Ares?

>you'll TOLERATE it all
As long as they keep making better movies than marlel like they did three times out of four already, I will actually

>"success"
Why the quotation marks?

because it isn't true

lol

>movies finished or being worked on by Marvel
Thor Ragnarok
Black Panther
Infinity War
Ant Man and Wasp
Captain Marvel

>Movies finished or being worked on by DC
Justice League
Aquaman

it's dead

Damn...

Cyborg and Flash are the characters I'm most excited to see. Then Aquaman, Supes, Bats and Wondy in that order.

Hoping the movie does wonders for Vic and Barry. I want their solos most of the Leaguers.

>>an actual Cyborg fan

Didn't know you people existed

>where is Gadots? interviews? Fallon? Kimmel?
She was on all of those. the fuck was this nigger talking about.

How did DC get the rights to Silver Samurai?

My pipe dream is a Superman vs. Brainiac movie where Brainiac secretly infiltrates Metropolis and Superman ends up in a mind game battling Brainiac as he takes disguises, throws out droids, and sets out to bottle Metropolis with the main theme of the movie being about combating antinatalism.
It'll never happen because people seem to think that anything but boyscout Superman isn't being true to the character (despite the fact that Superman's more often than not been portrayed as a sly realist with an upbeat personality).

not really sure what I'm looking at here

Wonder Woman is cute!

Man of Steel 2: Brainiac (voiced by Will Arnett) hires Lobo (played by the Rock) to get Superman for his Krypton collection
(introduces Supergirl)

Rock was already cast for Black Adam.

youtube.com/watch?v=UJ6uMfqKckw
youtube.com/watch?v=z9BL59uiAz8
youtube.com/watch?v=bzchUEiiW4Y

Aside from being grey it looks pretty Kirby to me.

his fingers holy shit

This. It could be Mattel skimping out on the paint but I don't doubt he this grey in the movie.

That's the point.

Has there been more Justice League toys shown ?

I want to know this as well. I hope the Lego set is cool.

wtf is this post even trying to say?

at this point literally every big villain the DCEU will have been some big guy in gray armor smashing shit

neither Lex nor Doomsday were that, also neither was Enchantress

>And this is our son

That is such garbage.

Doomsday's body grows armor as he fights, and Lex was more like a side character than a big bad guy

I'll give you Enchantress though, I'd actually forgotten that shit show. Though I believe she did have some big armored goon, though I don't remember if he was gray.

Fuck, I'd love this.

Is Flash even happening yet?
And if so what are they going to do to differentiate between than and the tv show?

nothing's happening Aquaman is the end of the DCEU

thanks for posting best girl.

Always user, always.
youtube.com/watch?v=4e7Ncm7rqCc

We dont know whats going on with Flash as they are still lookibg for a director.

Will Gal ever get Halle-senpai to notice her?

This.
Elfman hasnt been good in at least 20 years.
This is my world is a fantastic song that shows how flexible the new superman theme is

Humanoid is perfect. Human? no. This is fine.
Why?
It was clearly intentional and a fine arc

I was in a toys store a few hours ago, there were just normal looking Batmobiles and Batman and Superman. Surprised to see them around this early

fugg, she would have been a great wonder woman.

It looks better without the helmet, but it's better than I was expecting.

Even better than most comics. Favorite Ares design now. Too bad they had to redo it last second. While I'm glad he wasn't a fart cloud in the final movie, they coulda obviously done better.

If they were to ever "spoil" Supes' return in a trailer, i wish they would use this in it.

youtu.be/o0MIFHLIzZY

Pls tell me that she will be back and make babies with superman

His armour looks good, though severely lacking in colour, hopefully that's just a case of the toy being made incredibly cheaply. The yellowish skin and red eyes are a nice throwback to Kirby's original design, but for the love of God why did they make him look alien, why can't the new gods just look like new gods? I wonder if they'll fuck up Darkseid's design? And even so, if they're changing him why does it have to look like a star trek alien?

The trinity's costumes are fantastic, but most of everything else just falls apart

The DCEU is strange. I can compare it to a 15 year old wanting to write a story. In his head it has lots of great deep ideas and dark brooding characters.
But when it is translated onto paper the whole thing falls apart. What made perfect sense to the writer is convoluted to the reader, and the writer trying to explain it is more complicated. He just strait up points out the deep moments to the confused reader and while the ideas he offers up would be cool the story is nothing like them.
When he realizes no on likes his story he claims that it is too deep for them and they don't like it because it is for intelligent people only.
Then his younger sister comes along and writes Wonder Woman and some people actually like it all it does is piss him off.
Zach Snider is the 15 year old. I'm sure it all makes sense in his head but to most of us it is stupid.

this analogy is fairly accurate. I take it Suicide Squad was the point he reached when he realized he was too edgy, hence why he got help from his less edgy sister to write WW?

Suicide Squad would be when he tried to write something he thought his friends thing would be cool but being autistic he has no idea what people think is cool.

Let's be real guys, if JL gets good critical reviews, Whedon will get all the credit, and if it gets bad ones, Snyder will get all the blame, regardless of what actually happened.

well duh.