How would DC handle being thrown into the Tournament of Power. Ten guys, no flying, no killing...

How would DC handle being thrown into the Tournament of Power. Ten guys, no flying, no killing, and if you lose all your guys you are dead. I'm talking more about morally trying to solve it.

Tournament is hosted by god, you can't overpower him just because you don't agree with the contest. The chance of overpowering him in battle is zero; you can pretend he's a stand in for the editors if that makes it easier to get it in meta.

Would they try to win and stop thinking about the consequences, or try to find a way to save something without just trying to punch a god and getting erased instantly like Rorschach was. Think outside the box.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hUtZfDoqYkI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

user, please, don't act like the big bad tournament host is anything more than a new big bad to job to Goku and/or Vegeta.

Goku and Vegeta are a couple dozen levels below Beerus, who is way below Whis, who is way below Grand Priest, and its already directly confirmed Zeno's power is infinite. Even if the entire universe was destroyed it couldn't damage him.

Goku and Vegeta are not in the realm to be able to fight even Grand Priest at all. It can't become a punch contest, they can't do anything here. Even Vegito was only equal to ultimate Zamasu who is still weaker than the other ones named on the list.

i think it depends on who's on the team and whether or not they were at the exhibition or even if they are exempt from getting erased.

but technically speaking wasn't universe survival part basically the side plot of convergence?

I'm not familiar with DBZ so I don't really know what you're talking about. Are you saying whoever loses the tournament dies? Is it just the combatants who die or their entire world or something?

I'm pretty sure Snyder's new Metal event is going to start off with a tournament based on the previews.

>>but technically speaking wasn't universe survival part basically the side plot of convergence?
I can't say it did a good job with it though. It had way too little focus.

There are about seven universes fighting with their ten strongest guys at the moment, if all your guys lose then your universe is erased. Just watch the webm up top, it already happened to the weakest universe.

Time limit is 40 minutes. Whoever has the most guys left at the end wins, but every other universe is erased. Three universes were exempt from entering since their mortal population weren't shitty.

You lose you and your universe get erased from existence, no afterlife.

youtube.com/watch?v=hUtZfDoqYkI

>no flying
Flash solos

But if you need a full roster of ten, Superman, Manhunter, Wonder Woman, Plastic Man, Flash, Swamp Thing, any of the Guardians (they don't need rings so they get my the weapon rule), I could go on but really any of these would solo the whole thing based on what I've seen.

48 minutes user

>Flash solos
Its not the first time he's killed a few universes by being a dick. That was basically the entire point of Flashpoint. You're up against the strongest guys from each universe though, none of them are pushovers. If it was a Tournament of Power held within DC universe, you know each universe would have a speedster.

Superman and Wonder Woman would not accept any loss of life whatsoever, so would immediately start working to stop the tournament through any means necessary.

I feel like I read a JLA story from the late 70's or early 80's that was very similar to this, the JLA decided to partake in the challenge while looking for a way out, but couldn't figure out a way in time and they ended up winning the contest while the other universe was destroyed, to their dismay.

Keep thinking that user. Last time I watched DBS Goku and Beerus we're having a punch match, so for whatever reason Goku was fighting that guy who's several levels above him to a standstill.

When was the last time anything in DB was resolved without a punch match?

>none of them are pushovers
To the Flash they are, he can just push them right off the edge before they know what's happening. Hell, before they know the fight has started, it's over. Whether or not they can survive a punch from him means nothing, he doesn't have to defeat them, just move them.

>hosted by god, you can't overpower him
hahahahahaha
But seriously, that was a dumb thing to say.

They'd do great.

DC has many guys who can punch through iron

Its pretty much damned if you do, damned if you don't

>You cannot overpower the one holding the contest, that's a fact
>If you have the least amount of guys by the end your universe is erased.
>If you go all out fighting, someone else is erased.
>Its a contest between the strongest guys in the multiverse, so you can't afford to go easy in the first place. You have to be fighting full power without letting up.
>Can't go easy, can't go all out, without someone being erased.

You get a wish if you win, this is pretty much the only caveat for it. If someone made the right wish at the end. But that's a real if considering.

I know its a term that doesn't mean much to a lot of you these days, but no you can't fight him.

>no you can't fight him.
Yes you can.

Also no items/weapons/anything other than fist

>implying the big bad this time around isn't goku
all he had to do as was lay down

in the tie-ins it ranged from either they didn't think about it and the fate of their universe came first or some of the would work together from what i remembered reading...

>flashpoint basically threw their fight against pre-new 52 DC

>earth 4 basically worked with the legion to move their population to the legion's universe

>earth-5 & kingdom come tried not to think about it and beat their respective opponents

>you can't overpower him just because you don't agree with the contest. The chance of overpowering him in battle is zero; you can pretend he's a stand in for the editors if that makes it easier to get it in meta.
You mean the character who's only demonstrated power is something Superman is specifically immune to?

let's not derail the thread over whether or not superman is immune to hakai.

it's too late at night on my end to deal with that millitary grade autism again.

>who's several levels above him to a standstill

He was holding back, watch the end of the arc as he's leaving with Whis.

>thought things couldn't get worse than GT
>Super happens
Even for Toriyama this is stupid shit. He's been stretching it ever since the end of Frieza saga hasn't he?

How cute that this is how society has taught you to think like this, but also retarded.

Meanwhile its been shown that if he blinks he can erase an entire universe, and for Goku who cannot even beat Beerus, Zeno is already infinite upon infinite. Its like a stand in for the viewer who just wants to see more fights, he's untouchable. He's not "I'm just slightly more powerful than you" kinda strong, like Galactus, like society has taught you all these types are are. Its taught you that they're all able to be toppled and are only relatively a bit stronger than you if you push against them, because nothing is above humans! He's like the writer inserting himself into the story like in Animal Man, kinda untouchable. Or that time Peter Parker met god when his aunt was sick, and told him to move on.

What Zeno does is kinda different than Hakai. He doesn't do any fancy moves, or fancy names, he just moves his finger and everything is erased.
Even Goku can use Hakai now, its a pointless thing.

He said he stands in for the author, you autist.

Superman has literally fought and defeated evil editors and evil writers of his own comics newfag casual.

Superman can't beat up the editor, he can't even beat Mr.Pixysticks

Which is probably a better example to have gone with at the start of this, since he's a guy Superman can't deal with by just punching.

>>H-he was holding back
The oldest excuse in anime.

So what you're saying is you know nothing about Superman or comics and that when someone proves you wrong you stick your fingers in your ears and pretend they are making some sort of atheist argument instead. Neat.

You could try but you'd die

wait they really just destroy whole universes?
thats fucked no way im watching this now.
let me know if goku punches god hard enough to bring all the other universes back

Current universe rankings. As expected the shitters at the bottom lost first.

>Superman can't beat up the editor, he can't even beat Mr.Pixysticks
>if I have't read any comics then those must not exist
Very interesting. Tell me more about how your ignorance is the absolute truth.

>completely missing the point of my post

i'm aware that he's done that but last time we had this kind of discussion it derailed the thread entirely into bickering & name calling

Am i the only one that thinks the universes aren't actually being destroyed?

Wouldn't Manhattan be unable to lose this since you can't really move him? couldn't he just stand there? Also who's to say Manhattan couldn't just handwave the hosts away?

The JLA would defeat the tournament holders in 3 issues and then go back to having trouble fighting the Joker.

i'm calling it that they're going to be either unerased or merged with the winning universe in the end

I think Manhattan would be in the ringleader position in this kind of scenario.

It would be an excuse to observe humanity or something.

Oh hey, another Sup Forums thread

Can we start reporting these?

>Tournament is hosted by god, you can't overpower him
Why exactly? JLA has dealt with omnipotent reality warpers before.
>he just moves his finger and everything is erased
Yeah, there's like a half dozen beings in DC that can do that. All been beaten.

Are you that autistic you can't understand the stipulations that OP has posted?

the only thing autistic here is how DBZ fans always go "zomg you just don't get how unbeatable this guy is he's MIND BLOWINGLY POWERFUL"

no he's not. Superman can beat Goku, Blonde Goku, Red Goku, Blue Goku, Green Goku, and whatever color goku will end up beating Zeno. And Superman's not even the most powerful JLA member.

Why refer to yourself in third person OP?

the real question ins if anyone from the dragonball universe could beat Eternal Sailor Moon.

If Zeno erases her from existence, she can just heal herself from nothingness. Yes she can do that.

as someone who agrees that superman can beat goku calm the fuck down. this not something worth getting buttblasted over.

Xeno's Hakai erases someone from the timeline completely, not just from existence.

Not our fault you cucks are so insecure about anime.

Didn't specify which Flash so you pick Wally who robs the other speedsters of their power.

>Yeah, there's like a half dozen beings in DC that can do that. All been beaten.

That's more a matter of DC writers being terrible and not having even the tiniest bit of logic to their power levels. To have this hypothetical scenario work, obviously you'd have to not be retarded and use some kind of consistent logic.

A stand in for the editors?

My team is Howard the Duck, Ambush Bug, Lobo and whoever the fuck else breaks the fourth wall.

>Just watch the webm up top, it already happened to the weakest universe.
you're implying that was obvious by the webm alone.

it wasn't, and it's funny that you think it was

>magical superpowers of fiction completely removed from reality
>STOP NOT USING LOGIC
wew lad

>I'm talking more about morally trying to solve it.

Superman would try and talk to Zen-Oh about how wrong erasing universe is to the point that he pisses of the Grand Priest and the middle man tournament is completely thrown out and that bastard shows his end game early.

If they had no choice but to fight and knew they would gt a wish with the dragon balls they would take a defensive position and try and keep everyone on the tournament stage without actively erasing other universes. Guys like Manhunter, Flash and Plastic man would be invaluable. If they won Superman would wish for the universes to be restored

>logic
>power levels
>not retarded
>consistent
Come on user.

As a fan, and before that a fan of continuity in long running, well maintained stories, DBSuper is a motherfucker.

Well, yeah. If the premise is that the one above all cannot be beaten because he is an omnipotent god, then you can't just go "hurrr but aktschually, that one time some idiot writer made Flash run so fast he DID erase god out of existence!"

It's not that hard to apply internal logic to fantastic concepts. In fact, that's a corner stone of all well written fantasy and sci-fi stories.

Super just shit on everything. Roshi being this strong for no reason really fucks with the entire canon of the series. It went to shit before that with Goten and Trunks just becoming Super Saiyans. Fighters used to have to work for their power goddammit!

>even though these character have beaten super powerful deities and omnipotent enemies this god is so cool and strong that it's stupid that they can beat him
>well written fantasy and sci-fi
I don't know what to tell you senpai, you should probs go back to Sup Forums and talk about this with them.

Well no it would be like you stating the rules is wood can't be lit on fire, because it's made of wood.

Even dumber is this entire concept falls apart because the innate nature of the narrative stakes. Real world logic dictates that the universe the camera follows is going to be the winning universe, because this show isn't just these tournament. As these are low narrative stakes we will most likely see some attempt to divert the entire conclusion of the tournament, possibly even retconing the erasure of the losing teams.

So the anons going "The Justice League win because that's what they do" hold the high ground.

>team doggo got erased already
Man. If they don't asspull wish the erased universes back by the end of it DBS is gonna top everything else for darkest part of the franchise.

>Krillin
Why?
>18 and 17
Okay I guess I thought they were woefully underpowered now?
>Goku
Obvious.
>Golden Frieza
I don't know why he's gold but okay that's cool.
>Vegeta
Great choice, except he's a jobber that's never beaten anyone of consequence.
>Gohan
Potentially the strongest character in the series.
>Master Roshi
Fucking what? Doesn't Mr.Satan have a I higher Power Level?
>Tien
Love me some Tien, but much like Krillen, why?
>Piccolo
If he's absorbed all the other Namek, sure I guess.

This roster is baffling.

>my special god character cannot be beaten
>why
>cause I say so
Ok....

>so would immediately start working to stop the tournament through any means necessary.
If they didn't follow the rules they'd instantly get their universe erased anyway.

Merger seems more likely since Universe 7 only has a few dozen inhabited planets anyway.

If nothing else, that would let them make up a large roster for down the road; there's no way there's not going to eventually be a tournament with those other four universes.

So basically each Earth in DC's multiverse picks ten champions to fight for their Earth to remain in existence.
Teams don't have to be made up of heroes necessarily either. Villains can be a part of it too. Might be neat to speculate about if DC's multiverse has enough power diversity to make it interesting.

>OP makes a fun thread about how DC heroes would handle a particular scenario from another work
>but because that work is anime DC fans just won't accept anything other than ignoring the rules and making shittily-written OP character circumvent everything
Do you fags have no sense of fun? Can't you stop with the chode-measuring contest for two minutes to actually think about something other than "someone at some point wrote a comic where Superman beat god in thumb-wrestling because he's the fastest strongest bestest anything ever NOPE FUCK YOUR RULES WE WIN HEHEHE LALALA" like why even respond to the thread in the first place instead of just making your own about who'd win in a normal fight when this one is clearly a hypothetical about a tournament?

This shit is why comic book nerds will never outgrow their pathetic neckbeard stigma.

>Okay I guess I thought they were woefully underpowered now?

17 was able to fight SSJB Goku on an even level; power levels are pretty much irrelevant now.

>>Master Roshi
>Fucking what? Doesn't Mr.Satan have a I higher Power Level?

Roshi can blow up the Moon; Satan has neevr done anything remotely on that level.

Batman throws an undo erasing batarang at it. Universe comes back. He then throws an anti-Zeno batarang at Zeno who then loses all power and can't do it again. Problem solved.

>OP makes a stupid thread
>gets called stupid
>b-b-but my f-f-fun
This is why Sup Forums sends you rejects here.

DC/Marvel fans don't want to speculate or come up with anything creative. They just namedrop characters that know how to open the command console and walk away thinking they've won some mighty debate.

Tien and Krillian are experienced tournament fighters who know how to fight in a supportive role. They're a good choice for a melee

I don't see anyone making an argument for why it's stupid. Just a bunch of nerds incapable of following simple rules and have nothing to be confident about in life so they go online and crusade in favor of their favorite comic book characters.

It's not a dick-waving contest like the Cell Games, there are rules in this arc. No flying allowed and fighters who are knocked out of the arena lose. Raw power doesn't matter.

The team was put together because they're the strongest, plus they can all work well with each other.
Frieza's an exception, it was going to be Buu but he fell asleep and refused to wake up, so they desperately needed a new 10th person. Goku figured they should bring Frieza back for 24 hours, for some reason.

>Master Roshi
>Fucking what? Doesn't Mr.Satan have a I higher Power Level?

Roshit really sholdn't be there but nio. We got his power level when he was relaxed at home at 130 something I think it was. All the earth fighters are able to raise their powers by concentrating them unlike other fighters who in full swole mode all the time. It's how the scouters were always thrown off

>>Vegeta
>Great choice, except he's a jobber that's never beaten anyone of consequence.

Except Goku...twice

>for some reason.
Can you name anyone else as strong as Frieza to replace Buu?

Did Super bring back Nappa?

Off the top of my head? Cell.

They had a week. Throw baby Uub in the time chamber

Hi! Little off topic here, and the real reason why is probably because Toriama fogot, but I actully have a bit of headcannon aound Trunks and Goten.

Trunks and Goten are SSJ because at the time they were concieved, thier fathers had already become SSJ.

Future Trunks had to get a transformation because in that Timeline Vegita never went SSJ.

Cell isn't stronger than Freeza

So is it a 10 on 10 kick and punch affair? Because I don't think any of the human could throw a punch that could remotely hurt someone from the top 10 the main universe let alone one that is considered more powerful.

And why isn't Super Buu on this roster? Also is that Brolli in one of the other universes?

If Zeno's power is infinite why does he have 2 guards?

>Doesn't Mr.Satan have a I higher Power Level?
Are you kidding me? Roshi could destroy Mr. Satan. The first opponent in DB that was too much for Roshi to handle was Piccolo.

We all love Hercule but come on. He's only badass compared to the most normie humans. Even Yamcha is stronger.

The fact that they had to replace Buu at all was shit. He got /fit/ and everything and they just shoved him in the corner so they could jack Frieza off some more.

How'd those fights turn out?

even the writers of super know that the buu saga was a mistake and wanna forget it ever happened

Buu got /fit/?

>Trunks and Goten are SSJ because at the time they were concieved, thier fathers had already become SSJ.

Nice logic. Except you're completely fucking wrong. Trunks was conceived before Vegeta was a Super Saiyan.

Not him but that was literally what was happening, Beerus just wanted an opponent that could give him a decent challenge.

Do they? Because Super sure feels like Buu saga.

You do realize all the times we've seen Cell in hell were non-canon/movies/filler, right?

Cell probably turned into a little blue fireball.
I'm not 100% sure but I think Super established at some point that Frieza still having his body was some kind of exception to other dead people.

And like said Cell isn't stronger. Frieza was revived and trained for months, after explaining that his power before came naturally to him with zero effort or training.

Abilities and powers can be used, just not flight. Humans like Krillin and Roshi specialize in using ki in unique ways, so stuff like Solar Flare and Thunder Shock Surprise can be very useful.

In other words ignoring all the stupid "this character in DC is literal god and he'd undo everything!" bullshit characters like Batman could still be very useful simply because of his cunning and tools despite all the godly powerful DC characters out there.

He'll probably do stuff later. Frieza was an interest twist and we all know there are way bigger threats after the tournament is over, like the angels and the universes that were so OP they were exempt from even fighting in the tournament.

Vegeta left Goku a cripple and he had to be saved by a 5 year old and a midget. The second time Vegeta knocked him the fuck out. The fact that Goku was actually stronger than Vegeta is irrelevant

It'd be a decent opportunity to see batman actually use that martial arts training instead of just batman-ing his way to victory

goku needed his son, a midget & a fat guy to beat vegeta the first time and the second was a sucker punch