Best version of Aunt May finding out Peter is Spider Man ever

Best version of Aunt May finding out Peter is Spider Man ever.

did she suck his dick afterwards?

The world may never know.

I chose to believe it.

>I would F Thor
>What the F....
>I SAY PENIS YOU SAY......

Cap would be disappointed with all this language.

I would F Angourie Rice desu senpai.

Guarantee its explained away as he made the costume for a party or something.

Why would anyone care what a nazi thinks?

What's his name, again?

Maybe, but they probably won't. It'll give Aunt May something to do in the sequel that's not, "why are you not telling me what's going on with you Peter?!"

Keep telling yourself that, Feige.

why does Marvel hate secret identities so much?

Relax Aunt May, I was just planning on surprising Ned with some roleplay next time he sleeps over.

After seeing ASM2 id rather not have anymore "peter sneaks around aunt may to protect his secret" scenes

No?

>a central part of who spidey is. I'm still annoyed he would just throw his shoes around and dart off

I want Peter to fuck Karen. Somehow. Best pairing.

yes, spidersuit x peter best otp

>glamourizing eccentric billionaire playboys who piss money away
>making a hardworking regular joe who wants the best for his family the villain
Hell yeah. Fuck the poor.

he lives in a fucking mansion dude

MCU peter is a spongebob fan

Haha a friend of mine said the same thing, and all my other friends called him crazy

Liberals today, I swear

It's pretty much an outdated concept.

>selling weapons

Uhh I think you have your parties mixed up my dude. Conservatives are the ones who idolize the rich and big corporations(I mean look at who they voted for).

you can argue he turned to weapons manufacturing and sales because he got screwed out of his legal job.

>>Reveal is the last second gag
>>Infinity Wars
>>Avengers 4
>>Spider-Man 2 supposed to start minutes after Avengers 4

I hate that we won't see the fallout

>Who is George Soros?

Soros is a Sup Forums meme son and it doesn't change the fact that Libs are always the ones with the "fuck the 1%" rhetoric(nothing wrong with that though, seriously fuck em).

That doesn't make it right though.

>Liberals today, I swear
Liberals? Conservatives are the ones who suck up to the rich and villanize the poor.

true but how does one legally gain a license to make weapons?

then again they're using outlawed tech but that doesn't mean they've gained knowledge how to make less advanced but totally earth made tech.

Peter hiding his spidermaning from his family has never actually made sense. Its a complication in his life that doesn't benefit anyone.

Hiding his identity from his villsins to protect those close to him makes perfect sense, but all he is doing by not telling Aunt May is leaving her totally unaware of the danger she is in. Villians occasionally figure out Peter's identity anyway, so May just has no idea why the Green Goblin refuses to leave her alone.

>Karen can probably manipulate the crotch area of the suit to jerk her wearers off.

Isn't it explained by Peter feeling responsible for Uncle Ben's death because he didn't help stop a robber? Explaining that "I became Spiderman because Uncle Ben died because of me" isn't exactly easy to explain. I read it in one of the comics recently, where Aunt May finds an injured Peter sleeping in bed with his costume and sticky webs by his side.

That wasn't web...

>Goes from smiling to horrified the moment the "What" starts

That's some damn fine acting. Poor bastard.

Yes, but she was going to anyway.

And it wasn't his costume...

Why doesn't MCU Spider-Man have Spider-Sense? Spider-sense would have saved him from this!

I think they just want to do it differently then the comics

for a period at least, Peter wanted to tell her but May had drank the Bugle kool-aid and openly badmouthed Spider-Man all the time. Peter was afraid that if she found out her son was that 'awful masked menace' it would break her heart.

then May did find out, but she died shortly after, then editorial retconned her back via mysterio retardation and she went back to not knowing, then she found out again during JMS, then OMD undid it again, and here we are

its a vicious cycle

I think he'll have an excuse like 'oh, this is a Halloween costume' I hope that isn't what they do but they probably will.

>Tony's paying me mad dosh to dress up as Superheroes and pose, it's a weird fetish thing

Yep.

Because Peter hiding his identity from Aunt May and having to explain he keeps sneaking out because he's... going to Ned's...to fuck him... is really tiring after awhile.
It's better when he has a small amount of close family and friends that know his secret instead of it being used as drama.

I really hope they don't try that. When her reaction is "WHAT THE FU-" and not "Why are you wearing a Spider-Man costume?" it suggests things have just clicked into place for her. Plus, Peter's a terrible liar.

The easiest answer would be saying your Stark Internship involves making things for the Spidey Suit and testing them.

I mean he knows web fluid backwards and forwards to it seems plausible.
And it covers for any time people see him with the suit.

Nah, Feige said he wanted it to happen

>implying toomes wasn't also a millionaire
dude had a fucking mansion and a vintage jag
not to mention he was essentially a gang leader, spreading unstable alien tech throughout the greater NYC area
there are better ways to get money than resort to illegal weapons manufacturing

I thought he was calling his friend the liberal

C'mon, they wouldn't do that.

The first 616 (you know, the one that Marvel chicken out of) in the 90s was still the best version of May coming out to Peter as Spidey.

Mostly because the person behind the mask is much more interesting than when the person is wearing the mask. Hence why they made Clark Kent the real persona to Superman after Post-Crisis.

Feige also wanted it to be the actual emotional thing it was in the comics, where May finds his shreded costume after he comes back and is sleeping off being beat the fuck up. Rather than as a callback to the joke they did with the friend earlier.

This is what you get Feige, for wishing on that Monkey's Paw.

originally it was that coupled with her old age and peter thought she would die from shock if she found out

Good changes:
>May still has a very familiar personality but she isn't older than dirt so that means we probably won't get another "Aunt May is sick and about to die" episode.
>Vulture's motivation is a lot less flimsy and I actually ended up liking his gang and their dynamic.
>I thought Liz being Toomes' daughter was pretty good. I really liked the scene in the car.
>I liked that they kind of addressed how Peter's voice doesn't really change much just because he's wearing a mask.
>I liked that Pete had to prove himself without the fancy suit.

Bad changes:
>MJ was easily the worst, most annoying character in the movie and the opposite of what she was in the comics. They should have saved MJ for later and had her actually be accurate.
>Flash is a pretty unbelievable bully. While I understand that it's hard to put an athletic Chad type of person in a science focused school, in real life it is pretty obvious that regardless of the setting anyone would pick on this version of Flash more readily than they would this version of Peter.
>They really went overboard on the suit technology. I get wanting to modernize things like the Spider tracer and the web wings but they did that, added in a load of random web gimmicks, and added in an annoying suit A.I. I much preferred seeing Peter in action in the homemade suit because the webs were just the plain webs and there was no annoying suit voice.
>Though it's not really a change per se, it was obnoxious that they're already setting up Miles existing. I would've much preferred Donald playing Hobie.

cont'd.

Changes I can't decide how to feel about:
>Peter is a lot less resentful than he was at that age in the comics. On one hand it was pretty interesting to see how close he was to going off the deep end back in the day sometimes but on the other hand I feel like that characterization would feel kind of awkward in this setting.
>Peter never really punches or kicks anyone. On one hand I can get being pretty squeamish as a teenager but on the other hand it made the fight sequences lame at times.
>Ned being Ganke. I didn't mind him much at all but I'm of the opinion that you shouldn't just graft an existing character's name over a totally different one.

Meant to mention that it kind of sucks that they revealed Peter's identity to May in the way that they did but to be fair they can just tread back over it in the beginning of the next movie or something.

Aunt May looked way too young in this movie. Also her personality was kind of fucked, like she was taking meth offscreen.

This was my favorite arc of Ultimate. I miss it so much.
Thanks for nothing, Miles

>WHAT THE FUCKING TITFUCKING SHIT-EATING CHRIST YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT TAKE THAT COCKGRABBING COSTUME OFF RIGHT NOW AND LICK YOUR AUNT'S FUCKING CUNT

How did they get away with this?

>we want the /ss/ audience

I think the advanced suit makes sense since the web-shooters are a technological addition to his super powers, and his affiliation with Stark is just another extension of that.

I see what you mean, I just feel like they went overboard with how much was crammed into it, especially considering that the guy who designed the thing gave Pete the bit about not using the suit as a crutch or whatever.

The web-shooter combinations thing is what bugged me the most. Peter should have worked on that and developed it further as the movies went on.

But I feel like Marvel is worried Sony might jump ship at anytime, and decided to speed things up.

Really hoping he gets the symbiote suit in one of the Avengers movies, but with that Venom spin-off, chances seem slim.

Turns out you CAN ground Spider-man.

This. We've had six Spider-Man films in sixteen years now, all of them doing the 'Peter keeps shit secret from Aunt May' bit. It's been done to death in the films. It'll be interesting to see how the films handle her knowing.

sure, he was a millionaire at that point, but that is after at least 4-6 years of selling alien tech weapons on the black market. At the start of the film, he most certianly wasn't. He'd mortgaged his house (probably a different house) just to buy a couple trucks and hire a few dudes.

at the start, he very much was a blue collar guy working really hard to make ends meet.

this is fair

That actually happens in the Miles Morales comic.

Thanks user

>Marvel got so sick and tired of us asking when they'd get the rights to Spidey back they put him in and made him Tony's fuccboi beta orbiter

Shit sucks

>>MJ was easily the worst, most annoying character in the movie
She was barely in it. Less screentime than Flash.

>it was obnoxious that they're already setting up Miles existing
What did I miss? What was the hint(s)?

That has no bearing on how annoying or bad she was at all
Donald Glover played Aaron Davis and had a line about how he didn't want the alien weapons in the neighborhood because he had a nephew who lived there

It's a power that makes no sense. It started as a way for the Chameleon and Doctor Doom to broadcast messages that only Spider-Man could hear ("if he has the powers of a spider then he must have the senses of a spider! so I can call him by hooking a radio up to a spider!" and it somehow worked, twice) and somehow evolved into Jedi precognition that is actually a mystical ability.

>Donald Glover played Aaron Davis and had a line about how he didn't want the alien weapons in the neighborhood because he had a nephew who lived there

That's just an easter egg until they actually introduce Miles. Like Doc Connors in the Raimi films.

>Donald playing Hobie
Fuck that would be good

It's possible, I'm just expecting the worst after all of the heavy Miles pushing constantly in all possible situations

They just introduced super-young Peter. It will be a decade before they need Miles.

Do secret identities hurt his head or something? What a fag

Again, that would be ideal but it's unfortunately not too crazy to expect it. See the new Spider-Man game coming out. He has been Spider-Man for only a few years in that world and it's only the first game and they are already introducing him. They're also pushing him in the new cartoon as another Spider-Man where Peter is very young.

Spider-man does kick people what the fuck are you talking about? It also seems like Peter is a lot stronger in this iteration and being inexperienced it makes sense that he could have trouble holding back, there is even a line about it.

Wasn't Miles' uncle Snoop Dogg

Honestly? I didn't enjoy this movie as much as I thought I would.

>spider-man is told time AND TIME again to fuck off with his obsession with the big bads
>doesn't trust an ENTIRE HERO ORGANIZATION to deal or know about big bads
>peter still goes at it endangering a lot of lives
>all of the situations that people could get hurt are all of peters fault
>only 20% of this movie is actual web slinging
>the climax and final fight on the plane wasn't really all that good

Don't get me wrong, the times when spider-man is actually doing spider-man things it's amazing, the movie's problem is that it's trying to establish a world in which spider-man is already an established character. All of the problems that arise are directly his own fault, spider-man isn't a character to purposefully get others hurt due to his own bitchy-ness, but time and time again he goes after the vulture even when told not too.

It also makes no sense why stark industries would move all of the important things on 1, unguarded flight out of stark tower with literally no alarms at all.

I still think the original trilogy is better due to the fact that it's very nicely paced in the same amount of time it takes this movie to get actually rolling, and those movies encapsulate what spider-man is all about, fast paced action and saving people at the cost of his own life, the villains are nice, and the cinematography is god tier. But homecoming is good on it's own merits and it's probably got one of the nicest web slinging to date.

If it truly did happen (almost certain it didn't), it was very infrequent, which you still have to admit isn't standard fare for Spider-Man. Like I said though, it wasn't a totally senseless decision.

I completely agree. The biggest flaw was Peter not listening and being pretty reckless. I was excited that it was an established Spider-Man but the movie just ended up being Peter acting like he did before Ben dies with absolutely no responsibility. He even gives up being Spider-Man because Stark took his suit instead of patrolling with his shit suit. He only went back out of pure coincidence.

It also didn't use his power set creatively at all. Not many Spidey poses or even movement. They kept putting him in situations where his web slinging is useless for some reason. The joke was funny at first but annoying the third time.

He kicked a guy off the boat and during the bank scene, but I did notice the lack of actual punches

his alias is the prowler

>Tom Holland
>With a woman

thats actually the funniest fucking origin of a power ive heard of so far

please storytime or link a mega to the arc this occurred, i yearn for old timey comics being nonsensical

it's in Amazing Spider-Man 1 and 6
'

>hasnt had powers for more than a year
>is a total fuck up

It's almost like he's literally making it up as he goes and is really just a dumb(smart) high school kid in way over his head or something

im sure its obvious how much i pay attention with spider man in general hah. thanks user, ill give it a look

At this point in his story he should be trying to take this seriously and realize the consequences that his actions hold. Instead it's "I hope Stark notices me" and he's still doing it just for the thrill.

Homecoming Peter is definitely driven by a desire to prove himself to Tony, but I don't think that's the only thing motivating him.

After the Ferry scene, the first words out of Peter's mouth are "is everyone okay?" He temporarily stops being Spider-Man not just because Tony took the suit away, but also because Tony was right and he actually did fuck up and put people's lives in jeopardy. He returns when he's the only one able to stop Vulture from robbing the plane.

Homecoming is about Peter's step from stopping muggings and bike thieves to the wider world of actual superheroics. It's a step we haven't been able to see in movies before, because origin stories have to go from nobody->super hero in a single movie. Peter appearing first in Civil War allows him to be established without having properly gone through his baptism of fire.

Even in the comics, the Vulture was Peter's first real supervillain battle.

I'm honest to god not gonna lie, I'm sick of secret identities, not the concept of them but the fact that not even a single person is allowed to know about the hero's identity, it isolates them and restricts the versatility of their supporting cast.

The guy ran a company large enough to control the clean up of new york and selling the salvage. He's definitely in the lower per capita. He's practically on food stamps!

>shouldn't have overextended yourself

>it isolates them and restricts the versatility of their supporting cast.
But that works for Spider-Man it further isolates him and is fed by his sense that he needs to totally separate these two parts of his life while balancing everything. If you're going to reveal it the best way isn't to make Peter sloppy and barely hide his identity it's to have him beaten down by attempting to carry this burden on his own and being forced to trust his loved ones. Aunt May finding Peter broken in his costume is a pretty good way for that secret to be outed instead of "Whoops, left the door open. Roll credits!" Peter Parker's a stubborn guy afraid of loss and hurting those close to him with his other life but won't give it up because it's the right thing to do. Make that evident instead of him just being a sloppy fuck up.

I would have loved to explore the idea of local hero more instead of trying to get Tony's attention. It took a back seat for the most part of the movie for the Tony thing

> He returns when he's the only one able to stop Vulture from robbing the plane.
This happens out of pure coincidence. If Vulture wasn't her Dad he would've went to Homecoming and partied. He quit being Spidey because Stark took his toys away. Sure he almost fucked up but he almost fucked up plenty of times before in the movie. So many people could have died during that van chase.

> It's a step we haven't been able to see in movies before, because origin stories have to go from nobody->super hero in a single movie.
Spider-Man is more of a local hero. He's pretty blue collar, I loved his interaction with Gambino talking about sandwich shops because it shows that that's his home. He's a kid from Queens trying to protect his borough. I forget where it's from but I remember a comic where a guy goes directly to Spidey for help because he recognized his Queens accent.

It's a pretty solid movie, but man, these two versions exist:
>"Peter, what's it like to fly..."
>"I believe there's a hero in all of us..."