CAPTain AMERICA VS SPIDER-MAN

>Trust me kid, if Cap wanted to kill you that day he would've done it.
Is this actually comic-accurate?

My understanding is that Cap has the strength, agility and durability of a "peak human" meaning the best possible human. Like, Mark Henry levels of strength combined with Usain Bolt speed and the durability of Omar from The Wire. Meanwhile, Spiderman has these same stats x100, and is vastly more powerful even ignoring the web abilities and wall-climbing. Even if we tone this down to "dozens of times stronger", it still seems like Cap has no way to win a fight. For instance, in that Civil War airport scene, he wouldn't have been able to survive if Spider-man had done the same thing to him (dropped a large metal object weighing several tons).

Biggest difference between them is experience, Cap has been active for much longer and has real world war experience vs a kid in his first real super hero tussle

Spidey is a kid, Captain America is a trained soldier

I could be wrong, but I think Cap is also meant to be a super skilled tactician. So where spiderman is a genius at science, Cap is a genius at combat.

First of all, he said "lay you out", not kill you.

Secondly, no one is truly aware of how powerful Peter is yet, least of all himself. From what Iron MAn has been able to observe so far, he's just a kid who's kind of strong and capable of flipping around spinning webs and shit. There's no way he coudl have anticipated him being capable of lifting an entire building off of himself because this was the first instance in which he's fought people beyond petty street criminals outside of Civil War. You have to keep in mind that Spidey is still wholly inexperienced in this depiction. It's likely that he hasn't even been doing this for a year. When he reaches the peak of his potential, I'm sure Iron Man will reevaluate his initial assessment of his power level.

>tfw no stilt-man

MCU Cap is closer to Ultimate Cap than 616 Cap.

spider-man does have superior super powers, and would win if we were comparing cylinders inside a vacuum

but spidey is vastly inferior in skill and experience

>he wouldn't have been able to survive if Spider-man had done the same thing to him (dropped a large metal object weighing several tons).
this is missing the point, to show that cap is far more aware of his surroundings and is far better at exploiting the environment to negate the theoretically superior abilities of his foes, spider-man tried to fight a straight battle, and against the berserker like winter soldier it works, but cap is much quicker on his feet, when spidey webs him he pulls him upwards instead of playing tug of war, when spidey shows off super strength he drops a skybridge instead of matching that strength

take for example a real fight to the death, spidey vs shocker, shocker gets the drop on spidey and just lays into him with his shock gauntlet, sure spidey is strong and fast, but when shocker got the first strike he was knocked senseless and couldnt do anything other than try not to die

cap would not have been blindsided so easily, and would have been much better at retaking the initiative rather than get beaten to a pulp, as even when crossbones assaulted him with 2 of such power fists with the same element of surprise, and vastly more training than shocker, cap still breezes through him

so yes spidey could win, in a straight gladiator match where both characters are CPU controlled, but in a realistic fight set-up, spidey would need a lot more growing up and meta to met combat experience before he can take on a veteran like cap

Cap's experience and hand-to-hand fighting expertise is basically what preptime is to Batman.
The guy has fought the Hulk a couple of times and the only reason he didn't end up becoming Captain Paste-on-the-sidewalk is because he's iconic.

That's some The Room tier CGI background

>peter tries to beat up Cap
>Cap says "I can do this all day"
>peter loses

woah

That day it was movie Cap who can stop a helicopter from flying away with his hand grip and saw WW2, the alien invasion, Ultron and the Winter Soldier vs. Spider-Man who was probably wearing the suit for the first time then.

Yeah, Cap could have raped him if he wanted.

Cap is above peak human. peak human is Batman.

anyway, I thought you were going to talk about if Cap would actually kill a kid, but it's just power level talk so fuck you, OP.

Well MCU Cap is stronger than 616 Cap, most obvious scene being when he curls a helicopter trying to take off, though MCU spidey is still stronger and faster than him.

But at the same time this movie has rookie spiderman versus cap who's a veteran, so thats another point in cap's favor (unlike again 616 spidey who has been doing the whole superhuman battles thing for ages).

In the MCU, the serum improved his memory, so he could look at the Hydra factory map for an EXCEEDINGLY short time and recall it perfectly. It also improved his ability to calculate and measure trajectories, even if he wasn't a math quiz or a physic major, et. al, which is how he can get his shield to bounce from point 1 to hit target 2 (or more than one target) and yet return to him back at point 0. He's also able to plan and execute tactics better than the average person, so yes.

Not sure if this version of Peter is "genius" level (at the same level they acknowledge Bruce and Tony are in the MCU, and presumably Pym - and putatively Reed, however he exists in the stealth MCU-verse of things).

Oh hi Stark

In the comics it's canon that the only ones physically stronger than him are Hulk, Thor, and I think Iron-Man in his armor.

This. If it was solely about raw strength and agility, Spidey wins, but Cap has more than enough experience under his belt to overcome this and then some

>Capt. can use his experience to get Spidey in a arm lock
>Spidey can literally tear through Capt.s arm and break out
Am I missing something? I don't see how experience is a counter to these superhuman abilities?

yeah everything with captain america is always bullshit

he's basically Marvel's Batman when it comes to power levels

>Captain America standing toe to toe with the Annihilators in a Cosmic battle

lol no

Can't he put Spidey in an armlock that limits how much strength he can exert?

All Cap would need to do is hit Spidey in the right spot. All the power in the world won't do him good if he can't properly use it

Mcu is far above ultimate. It's the strongest version of Captain America.

>hit spidey

>the spidey with spider sense
>the spidey with more agility than cap ever has
>spidey who can get hit by cars and buildings and shrug it off

Comic spider-man would walk over him when taking away the no lose shit.

Movies is going to Cap. Spidey has too much inexperience. He doesn't know the full extent of his powers and he hasn't fully learned to trust his spidy sense. He also hasn't learned to make use of the environment fully.

Meanwhile Cap knows how and will makes use of every little thing to change the odds in his favor or at least keep the opponent off balance. Its not Batman level wankery as the experience levels the two are vastly larger yet the power gap isn't.

Spider sense doesn't work when you're already fighting someone. It doesn't tell you how they're going to attack or from what direction. All it does is tingle the back of your head.

Spider-man doesn't have super speed or anything major to evade every blow. He's not untouchable. And durability for your body doesn't matter if you take a poke in the eye.

Yeah? It's just like hitting the Flash. Sure he can vibrate through anything, move faster than teleportation and experiences life one attosecond at a time but he's a jobber and if the writer wants Flash to get punched then the Flash is getting punched.

spider man has a nerfed spider sense, normal people can land hits on him when he is pre-occupied by other business, like shocker landing a good hit on him when he was too busy rushing off to intercept the vulture to pay attention to his spider sense

when shocker got the drop on him, spidey was helpless, and was essentially stun locked and needed outside help to win

a fight against captain america would have a far greater intensity, cap himself routinely beats foes far stronger than shocker, and spidey would be forced completely on the defensive, while the vibranium shield can easily slice through steel so spideys toughness would not help against that

cap is not simply going to bull rush spidey, nor is he fighting in a featureless white plane, he is incredibly perceptive and fast-thinking, and can easily find ways to level the playing field, he nullified spideys strength by collapsing a large load onto him, but this is hardly the only way he can stop him, he would do what he always does when faced by superior strength, examine the surroundings, take note of your foes weakness (overconfidence, tunnel vision, lack of nerve, etc.) and quickly force them into a situation where cap can bring them down

>Spider sense doesn't work when you're already fighting someone
Factually incorrect. Spider-sense warns of danger. Yes, it's best use is the fact that it is incredibly hard to take Spidey by surprise but it does continue working in "dangerous" situations and provides guidance in what to do to avoid that danger. Peter can walk through a pitch black room and not hit anything due to Spider-sense. One alt. Peter took the time to develop his spider-sense and developed literal precognition that pinged any and all acts of violence on the planet, allowing him to go and eliminate crime around the globe.

I don't think the spider-sense is nerfed in MCU so much as it is underdeveloped. Remember that Spidey needs the sight obscuring lenses and all that because the sensory input he gets as Spider-man is too much for him at present. As he develops his powers he'll likely get back to standard comic levels.

captain america could just shoot spiderman. he's not bullet-proof
>inb4 he didn't have a gun
he could easily get a gun and shoot him if he was inclined to kill people. Or he could just jam the shield through spider-man's neck.

fucking war experience magnets, how do they work?

You realize that absolutely nothing you says contradicts what the other user said about 'already' fighting (e.g. element of surprise is gone). The comics have shown time and time again that Peter's spider sense can be going off ALL THE TIME while he is a dangerous situation. It doesn't help him that this means (a) blow from point A is coming from his side 1 or vice versa or (b) that the person attacking him to the front of him when there is someone else attacking him from the back, etc. etc.

That one alternate Peter did la di da means squat in this situation. We're talking THIS Peter and MCU Cap.

Hence why I provided the example of him working in complete darkness. Spider-sense continues to work and even provide directional help. The only times it does not is when the spider-sense is overloaded and there is simply too much danger for him to filter through.

Direct page from a comic where Peter is detecting simultaneous danger from 2 separate locations.

Spider-Man is physically superior in pretty much every respect, but he can still get blindsided. If Spidey wasn't expecting it and Cap ambushed him with something lethal, sure.

Anyone that isn't halfway retarded can craft a legitimate scenario that could kill a street-level hero or villain. Very convenient writing keeps them alive however.

MCU Cap is way more than Peak Human, where the fuck have you been? In this universe Bucky is strong enough to claw his fingers into Iron Man's armor, Cap can hold a helicopter down with one arm, and also both of them can move cars around with their strength.

It was just another reference to BvS. "If I wanted it, you'd be dead already!"

>Spider sense doesn't work when you're already fighting someone.

Uh, how do you think Spidey survives fighting dudes with guns?

>Peak Human

How do you know what constitutes peak human? Do people base this on current records? What if humans eventually come to the point where we can toss around train cars, would Captain America's strength scale to that if he's still around?

Did you see Homecoming? Spidey kept getting decent fights from relatively normal people because he's a fucking kid who doesn't think ahead.

That would be peak for that other species we would become.

Us, homo sapiens, we'll snap our bones trying to deal with too weight, fuck muscles.

Peak human means the character is able to achieve performance on par with every current athletic record. He can run as fast as the fastest man, lift as much as the strongest, etc.

Not that user, btw.

Comics already scale with human records/expectations. Its why superman tossing a car around isn't a big deal anymore.

If the average human in real life gets to a point where they can throw around an SUV no problem, then Cap will simply be scaled to be ambiguously around that level and then some in all physical areas.

>Trust me kid, I know Steve, and Steve would rape you to death. Literally. I know Steve, I know Steve's dick, and I know Steve's defreezing procedure had left Steve with a lust for boy ass the likes of which no San Fran degenerate could match. Let me tell ya, kid, those jews with their magic serum gave Steve a chainsaw dick. A dick with the grinding force of a chainsaw. I would know, I know Steve. And if he wanted, Steve's chainsaw dick would rape your ass so completely that you'd be dead in minutes, your sphincter torn to pieces, your organs burst and bloody, your cock probably shorn in the fury. I know Steve, kid, and I know he would have you as target number one for his Brooklyn chainsaw dick unshackling rape spree, and your pretty Manhattan boypussy would stand no chance. None. Because I know Steve.
What did he mean by this?

Cap would probably beat Spider-Man if he was backed into a corner to fight him in a serious fight.
The thing with Cap is that he's like the Judo Master of Superheroes. He turns his enemies strengths against them. The shield is his best tool for it, but its not his only tool.
He uses the environment to get a better footing or trap/distract his opponents, he redirects their mass or their attack force so even his mild superstrength can eventually break its way through even the toughest of defences and offenses.
Banter won't work on Cap, he'd just either take the opportunity to hit spidey while his defence is down with a sneak attack or he will just banter back.

He will learn all that spidey is capable off incredibly quickly and find a vupnerability to exploit. The only chance Peter has on Cap is a relentless ambush, thats preplanned out way in advance and you have to seal off any opportunity Cap can make for himself. You have to beat Cap before he can build up his fightning momentum. And even then Cap would be smart enough to retreat. He's slippery when he wants to be.

>Comics already scale with human records/expectations. Its why superman tossing a car around isn't a big deal anymore.

you think people got significant;y stronger since the 30s or what?

Tossing a car around is still far above what at human can do.

As this point in their respective careers yes, Cap would win. With another 10, maybe even 5 years of experience, Peter would wreck his shit.

Cap of Murder?
Its more likely than you think considering Steve Rogers was always a nazi

>Spider-man doesn't have super speed

Not speedster tier, but he's way fucking faster than most superhumans.

>peak human
he can still get stronger. like to stop a helicopter.

Everyone jobs to Cap

No my point is that comics change with the times. The car tossing example illustrates how power levels have changed in an attempt to keep the ooo and aww factor going. If the car is too much for you then just think on the fact that almost all DC/Marvel big names are 6'3+ when 5'10-11 was more than enough at their creation.

Cap isn't exempted from this. He will always be a 10/10 human doing 15-20/10 level feats as humanity changes and the story demands it.

It really isn't. Spider-Man got nerfed a lot in this movie.

this, I'm not the bigget MCU defender but Cap is shown doing the spinning kick out of the web to show how much more trained and skilled his is than Spidey at that moment (and that he even may know math and weight-distribution better in a combat situation due to his shield calculations).

ok but what does that have to do with the definition of peak human changing

Spidey can kill Steve with a slap.

>you think people got significant;y stronger since the 30s or what?
You think they haven't?

Just because the stereotype of a person has gotten doughy and out of shape doesn't mean elite athletes have done the same. This comes up alot in sports with older dudes thinking you can compare, say, the NBA of now to the NBA of then.

Flat out comparison, Lebron James might actually leave someone paralyzed by his speed and strength if he played at his size and speed in the old NBA. You always hear older dudes say someone like Bill Liambeer would have flattened him. Neglecting the fact that lebron is maybe 10 pounds smaller than Bill Liambeer was and moves like a point guard.

Bo Jackson is maybe the only athlete from the past that could physically stack up today.

One thing I forgot to include is that those dudes from the "old NBA" would make the most athletic dudes from the 30s look like fucking high schoolers.

Damn, I love Spidey with huge eyes.
Which artist was this?

Don't forgot good old guns. No spider sense = easier to pop his head off with a sniper rifle.

Not that guy, but since "peak human" is a comic creation that started with a very loose basis in reality, it comes out even more unrealistic the more you try to define it or give it a hard limit. When it boils down to "the best of what any human could one day achieve", you essentially leave Cap's abilities fairly open to interpretation since there's no defined limit to whatever the "ultimate" human could possibly achieve.

Captain America is superhuman, just not to the same extent as Spider-Man. Killing men with single punches, launching them thirty feet with his kicks, throwing a 220 kg Harley-Davidson to take out a jeep, overhead pressing the ~900 pound Iron Man, one arm tossing a HYDRA tank driver ten feet vertically, and dozens of other instances all should have tipped you off to this.

30 year old Spider Man that has been through Kraven's Last Hunt and etc is on a whole different level from still in high school Spiderman that has no experience fighting anything more than purse snatchers.

Spiderman has higher potential than Cap, but Cap is higher level than Spiderman currently.

>a fight against captain america would have a far greater intensity, cap himself routinely beats foes far stronger than shocker,

If Shocker had a pistol in that scene instead of those stupid gauntlets then Spider-Man would be dead.

Does MCU Spider-man even have his spider sense yet? I can't recall him sensing anything except maybe when he dodged vulture's wings in the building. If he does have it, it must be very weak.

Why is this even a question. Cyclops and Captain are the best fighters in Marvel
Cap is the best in the MCU, both are Master Tacticians. Spider-man can't hang, just like Cap trapped him with the loading plank in CW.

>when he curls a helicopter trying to take off
I could watch him curl helicopters all day

According to the 60's hell no.
Spider-man was considered an "ace" hero by the Avengers and a robot duplicate of him jobbed their shit out - Said duplicate got destroyed by Spider-man's web ingenuity bullshit.

So in 616, it is canon that Beginner level Spider man could hang with the heavy hitters.

Yeah, because Spiderman wasn't trying to kill Cap that day

He does. Bucky chucks debris at him from behind and he dodges it and sends it back

It's true because Spidey admires Cap too much, in a fight with him he'd have an anxiety attack.

If he'd empty his head and go Maximum Spider, he could take down Cap.

The weird part about this scene is that he noticeably impedes the helicopter just by grabbing on to it and hanging from the edge, which is how it's brought down enough for him to do that in the first place. So apparently the force behind its lift is nowhere close to what it would be in reality, because Cap is stated in the movies to only weigh 240 pounds. Or maybe it was carrying boxes of pure tungsten in the passenger seats and didn't have that much lifting capacity left.

Is it? Ultimate Cap did things like jump off from the top of the triskeleton and land on his feet.

It would be cool to see a visual effect associated with it. Spidey sense is what really puts him in the big leagues.

>Spider-man doesn't have super speed or anything major to evade every blow.

He has super reflexes and super speed.

He managed to wipe the floor with the X-Men once, and the same Titania who just beat She-hulk into a coma an issue earlier.

>Who do you think called the FBI?

Did Tony actually think that 4-5 FBI agents armed with tiny sidearms could capture Toomes who was using an advanced alien flight suit and advanced alien weapons?

He said it himself: this is below the Avengers pay grade. Toomes' operation was so small-time that they just ignored what he was doing. Peter recognized the flaw in all this, and rejected his seat at the big boy table to instead become the everyday man's hero.

Ultimate cap, movie cap are strong. Post secret war cap is too.

He was shown lifting up cars in flashbacks while scarlet witch flying in the past. Something both couldn't do.

Tony probably has to inform the government before getting involved, what with the Accords and all, and the government decides the appropriate response. But that's not addressed in the movie, because Tony doesn't keep Peter informed of shit.

Captain america has patience

>accoerding to the 60's
>So in 616

seriously why do you people do this? we aren't talking about their comic book feats, we aren't talking about their silver/gonden/bronze/nickel age feats, we aren't talking about alt universes. we are talking about the MCU Captain america and the MCU Spider man so fuck all that shit, what counts is what they can do in the MCU and nothing else. and given their strenght levels and current feat in the MCU cap would beat Spiderman easily if he wanted to, like he basically already did when he had him pinned under a heavy structure and could have just gone up to him and finished the fight.

this isn't a discussion about who is the best hero or anything like that, i personally like both of them and usually prefer spider-man because i tend to prefer heroes with powers over the "peak humans" like Batman and Cap.

this is simply saying: "if we took them as they are now and consider what we've seen them do and how they act in combat, who would win in a 1v1?", and the answer is, without a doubt Cap wins. he just wouldn't kill Peter.

Its not addressed in the movie because even though it's PG13 its a movie for 8 year olds. And 8 year olds don't understand "the government says I have to do X because of Y and if I don't then Z happens (Z being black M, of course)." So they just say "that's beneath me" and move on with it.

Yes? Why wouldn't he? Toomes is still just a guy in a coat. He would have died in that scene if the agents didn't have absolutely awful aim for plot purposes.

>Is this actually comic-accurate?
Newbied Spidey vs Cap?

Sure it is. Cap would out-skill and out-experience Spidey.

ADULT, experienced Spidey, though? Only reason Cap stand a chance is because Peter basically venerates him.

>Cap would out-skill and out-experience Spidey.

Experience and skill don't count for much when you have inhuman reflexes and a power that literally tells you something is going to happen to you before it does.

I'd still say young Spidey should kick the shit out of Cap barring extreme plot contrivance (ie: "I win becuz MUH SKEELS" VS looking at the actual power sets involved and realizing Spiderman would fucking wreck Cap).

Proper thread to ask this.
Deathstroke can take down cap, right?

"Something" is not specific.
Spider-sense tells Peter he's in danger. Not what the danger is.

there is no proper place or time to ask this faggot.

If we're talking any version of comic spidey that isn't just starting out then absolutely not. People seem to often forget that if spider man really went rogue (not superior, full on rogue) he could tear his way through a sizable chunk of the marvel universe in about a day. All the experience in the world won't count for shit if the guy you're fighting decides to say fuck it and starts to chuck train cars at you straight off the rail tracks.

>Several FBI agents couldn't hit a man hovering slightly above them.
>Peter isn't immediately shot at the Washington Monument after not complying with police.
This still upsets me.

How is Toomes below the Avengers' paygrade, but Crossbones isn't?

Crossbones is a HYDRA agent.

doesn't alien tech trump Hydra shit though?

Yeah, but he's selling his tech to ATM robbers and Donald Glover. HYDRA are always plotting complete global takeover.

Yes.

user, 70s, and 80s, Spider-man was OP as fuck.
In 60s his Spider-web was magical and his Spider-sense flawless. He overpowered the Juggernaut and kick X-men ass together like if they were nothing to him. In 90s with the noir saga , the clone shit, Venom and Carnage, the character was a lot more serious. In Maximun Carnage Spiader-man a true leader.

It was with Quesada and his New Avengers that Spider-man was monstrously nerfed both in role and personality.

>hasn't even been a year
This, in civil war he had only 6 months experience and homecoming is 2 months later, so only 8 months of spiderman experience behind him

>too much inexperience

>pretending to know more about spider-man than others on a board about comics
you're just embarrassing yourself, pick up a comic before you start spouting your retarded thoughts

The rescue at the monument was literally his true official baptism as public hero.

In the comics, absolutely not. At best, they'd fight one another to a standstill

In the movies, absolutely. MCU!Peter is a hyperactive dumbass who doesn't think before doing anything (so...a realistic 15 year old boy). Cap would have him on the ground before he knew what hit him.