Best MCU movie

>Best MCU movie
>It's not canon

For what purpose?

Why does that bother you. If its a good movie surely it's good on it own merits not because of how it connects to other presumably less good films?

>It's not canon

Explain.

it's part of Sony's alternate universe timeline

I really want to see this movie, but only if it includes one of the following

>Mr. Aziz
>Joe's Pizza
>Pizza time

Any anons that have seen it, are any of these in the movie?

do you even know how movies work?

No it isn't. Sony wants to use Spiderman in both, with their movies being in the questionable canonicity of Agents or Netflix. But this is rock solid canon.

Peter appears in Civil war, so that's not canon now either.

BUT WAIT IT IS.
It's the same Peter. Stop pretending it isn;t

>Vision confirms Civil War is 2016
>Homecoming says it picks up two months after Civil War but also says it's 8 years after the Avengers(which was 2012) making the movie set in 2020

Homecoming is not canon.

>Movie takes place the year it was released

That's pretty autistic, user.

no

I hate shitposting.

Vision literally confirms Civil War is 2016.

>best MCU movie
That's not Iron Man 1

It is canon, just like Wonder Woman is a DC movie even though it was made by a lot of people that were first talked to by Marvel.

Sony buried the hatchet with Marvel and they are finally working together to make awesome movies. F4 is in the mix potentially, who do you REALLY think bought Tony's Avenger's tower?

do we have any confirmation Avengers happens in 2012 though?
It seems like it might happen just before Captain America: The First Avenger, which is still off since it's 2011

>Franchise says one thing
>Contradicts itself
>"Lol you're so autistic for caring!"

I bet you love Bayformers.

>Avengers
>Happening before TFA

Nigga what?

I think Ross confirmed in Civil War that Avengers was 2012.

Guys, I missed the hype of the first day since I watched it yesterday. What did everyone think about the movie?

IMO it was so perfect. It actually felt like a movie instead of "a brand new episode of the Avengers" even though it had its elements of continuity. Maybe it was the music, or the fact that the structure wasn't "generic Marvel Studios Formula".

Made me fall in love with Spider-man again.

>just before
shit, I meant just after
fucked up there

Yeah but where are you getting your whole time line from?

>I bet you love Bayformers.
What? What does that have to do with anything? What do you mean by this?

Not him but pretty sure they mentioned in Civil War the new york incident was 4 years ago

I did some digging. Iron Man 2 takes place in 2010 (the Stark Expo shows the year). Fury's Big Week (which is canon) explains IM2 and the Avengers take place with in the same year. So with that the Avengers takes place in 2010 and Homecoming takes place in 2018.

>do we have any confirmation Avengers happens in 2012 though?

In Iron Man 3, Stark asks Maya if she has a 12 year old kid with her and she jokes that the nonexistent kid is 13. They banged on New Years 2000. Iron Man 3 takes place months after Avengers around Christmas so they were aiming for Avengers to be set around 2012-2013

So what you're saying is...it was always inconsistent and Homecoming's "8 years later" card isn't anything out of the ordinary so bitching about it is a waste of fucking time.

They don't. In Civil War Ross mentions the Avengers have been operating for 4 years. I assume he means the AoU era Avengers not the Chitauri invasion (with was a temporary team up dubbed the Avengers Initiative).

Pretty much

Shill

Yes, retard

>best MCU movie
Fuck no

come on, user
you liked dr iron man: sorcerer supreme more?
or you prefered guardians of the memes?

If you mean movies from the last couple of years then yes, but those are MCU weakest years
Iron man 1,Captain 2, Avengers 1, Civil war etc are all better than spidey

oh wait forgot that Civil war was at 2016 so spiderman is not even the best of the new movies.

>Timeline is inconsistent

wtf, why can't they be more like the comics!

I'm not normally one for Sup Forums posting or complaining about SJW stuff but this movie had a lot of pointless SJW garbage in it.
>its actually Native American
>I'm going to go protest
>I wouldn't want to enjoy a monument that was built by slaves
>entire supporting characters being replaced by non white actors
SJW shit aside, new MJ is just shit to me as a character. How many fucking "quirky loner" nerd characters must we sit through

Iron Man 1 was alright for its time, but the really lame villain made it inferior to Homecoming
Captain 2 was great until "lol hydra did everything bad through history, guize". Also the action was a mess.
Avengers 1 is fantastic, but it's filmed like a tv show. Same with Civil War. Also Civil War's color palette made me sleepy and also had messy action.
Homecoming is incredibly superior to every single one of those movies. Jeez.

At least comics hand save it

stop being triggered, user
you come off as a huge fag

Stop shilling user.

Are you literally fucking retarded? That has nothing to do it not being canon

stop slurping so much semen, user

There a decent rip of this movie floating around yet?

Sony doesn't hire them like they used to

It doesn't fit into the timeline. Not canon.

But it does.

He's probably from /mlp/, people there love to claim whatever episodes they dislike as "non canon"

Uh huh, and how do you know that?

Yes I do. Any movie that relies on you to go away and watch another movie or tv show or cartoon to make sense is not doing a very good job.
If a film is internally consistent then questions of "cannon" shouldn't even arise

My popcorn is seasoned by your salty
tears

-Marvel

But it doesn't. Civil War is 2016 while Homecoming says it's both in 2016 and 2020.

Not canon.

>marvel copying Fox's superior emulation of comic book timelines

For shame

Is Iron man in this film? I'm only going to go see it if it had Iron Man in the film.

dude Bayformers is next level story incoherence/retconning, boy-o

There's a difference between
>You remember [other movie]? Yeah, we do too, it was a few years ago and it leads to some shit in this movie.
>>Don't you mean months?
>Oh whoops, fucked up

And
>You remember [previous movie]? Yeah we do too. Here are all the consequential happenings that don't make any goddamn sense, also here's the McGuffing which comes from a time before any flashback of the first movie but still tries to connect to everything that happened.

Are you talking about the part in the very beginning of the movie that takes place 8 years in the past where Toomes is cleaning up after the events of Avengers 1?

>literally shows scenes from civil war

Avengers sucked. The way Cuck Whedon writes every character as a wiseass is so goddamn annoying, Loki was an edgelord, and the whole movie is shot like a Syfy Channel Original Movie.

It showed a poorly done CG recreation of Civil War that still got things wrong. Not canon.

Everyone always says Agents of Shield is not canon to the movies, but I say that the movies are not canon to Agents of Shield.

Amy get off Sup Forums

But didn't the events of Winter Soldier have repercussions on Agents of Shield?

>for its time
What did he mean by this?

>it's Native American
They were poking fun at it too retard
>MJ's SJW status
Also a joke, given how much of a loner she was. That her only actions were the ones to make people the most uncomfortable, whether it's SJW or Existential was the entire joke

Also replacing white actors and actresses with non-white ones isn't so weird given the race make up of NYC, including that High Achievement school they were at

New MJ is sort of shit, I agree, but she's not Mary Jane, she's not meant to be