What was the context for this

what was the context for this

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cG6wkRQ4f2g
youtube.com/watch?v=eLFtPZn2fKc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Probably Treehouse of Horror bullshit judging by the outfits.

Unrelated, but when did they get back together? I guess it's been too long since I've watched that shit.

>That barren fucking wasteland in the middle of town

To make you want to buy the outfit in tapped out.

Bart stays out past Trick or Treat time and sees parts of Adult Halloween which is basically the adults of towns being drunks and sluts but in costumes.

Borrowing a feeling

It's actually a regular episode.
Lisa gets scared of Halloween decorations, so Homer and Marge take it all down deciding to skip halloween because Lisa's too scared of it all.
Bart's upset because he still wants to go trick or treating, so Marge takes him to a rich neighborhood, but their block party is so crowded they're turned away. Trying to find something else to do, Marge keeps Bart out so late that regular wholesome halloween turns into Adult halloween with everyone drunk and wanting to fuck.

I don't know why I still fucking watch NuSimpsons, I clearly have too much free time

is a canon (not-Treehouse of Horror) halloween episode.

The only good zombie Simpsons episode.

>Lisa gets scared of Halloween decorations

oh ffs

That's not real. It can't be real.

What do you mean? I regularly still watch simpsons and this was among the most solid build ups.
Things are much worse.

IT'S

Seriously, steampunk?

>Things are much worse.
Could you give an example of "worse"?

uh, no

I'm the regular halloween episode was nowhere near the worst of the nusimpsons. The 1 hour Great Gatsby/Record (or whatever the black show is about the record company) episode is probably the worst one I've watched all the way through

How about Sideshow Bob gets animal powers.
youtube.com/watch?v=cG6wkRQ4f2g

It's a lot better than it sounds. Seriously.

Not him, but sideshow bob injected with animal DNA and the school bullies are called in to fight him.

Look. Here we have a simple premise in the main storyline (lisa is scared) causing a secondary storyline (Bart seeks halloween) which is handled logically, meaning taking too long has consequences -it gets late- and the consequence actually makes sense -late night, adult halloween.

It's really solidly build and the parts fit together and are consistent with real world logic too.

You really think this is the modern standard?

I have the weirdest boner

I can't believe this is a real episode.

It's not, the youtube link is bullshit.

>whatever the black show is about the record company
Empire?

Longer explanation is that they went to Krustyland's Halloween Horror, and she got traumatized after getting lost in the park during it. And Homer had converted their entire house into a Haunted House attraction. Also he had managed to piss off some workers from the halloween prop store, who were now stalking them and broke into the house.

An episode parodying the movie Boyhood where Bart constantly gets one upped by Lisa and grows apart from his family before finally blowing up at her for constantly having to be the center of attention. At which point everyone says he's being selfish and the resolution is that Lisa's actually Bart's inspiration.

For bonus points this episode had like 5 Lisa centric episodes on either side of it.

It's frighteningly accurate.

youtube.com/watch?v=eLFtPZn2fKc

I fucking despise barthood with all my being.

that's it

It's a canon episode and not a Treehouse episode.

Basically someone at Fox finally started noticing a major trend with regards to the ratings: IE the Treehouse of Horror episodes always get the highest ratings each season, mainly because jaded ex-fans of the show will go out of their way to watch the Halloween episode, then basically ignore the rest of the season/not watch it.

So they basically told the Simpsons writers that season to do TWO Halloween episodes: one being a regular Treehouse of Horror episode, the other being a canon Halloween episode that would run the week beforehand.

The episode in question did quite well with critics, but apparently the writers refused to repeat it in the seasons that followed because they felt doing two Halloween episodes devalued the ToH episodes

It really wasn't a bad episode. Lisa acted like a little girl and not the ultimate authority of right and wrong. Bart's predicament was very relateable. It wasnt the greatest written episode but it was entirely unoffensive.

Lisa's voice is the most lifeless shit I've ever heard

Need more art of that girl in the far right.

t. Simpsons shill

neat

Isn't it waay too late to have Lisa get scared of halloween decorations?

Kumiko, the Comic Book Guy's wife.

that still makes me grit my teeth