Explain in one paragraph or less why this is a bad slogan

Explain in one paragraph or less why this is a bad slogan.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OLSsswr6z9Y
youtube.com/watch?v=ngx1nvvJ2gg
youtube.com/watch?v=N54rfkksxBo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I could just say "no".
MARKETING

Apple exists

Option one:

"Jerry made it."

Option two:

It's a passive phrase, the answer could very easily be "no" and there's no real reason not to answer no. There's literally no attempt in the phrase to sell the concept of an apple, or why you /should/ be hungry for apples.

People just feel hungry, not hungry FOR something.

Eh, that's not necessarily true - cravings for specific foods definitely exist.

Marketing shouldn't ask you if you want something. It shoud tell you why you want your particular brand of something.

It’s a rip off of ‘got milk?’

Which worked because the question was a more of a reminder of a thing you were already buying, and made you question if you needed more. ‘Hungry for Apples’ is just terrible because people don’t restock apples, so it turns into just a shit ad reminding people apples exist.

NEED APPLES. is a better idea. My boss implied so.

This is no worse than "Got Milk?" or "Beef, it's what's for dinner"

It's likely not trademark-able.

I'd like to see any of the armchair critics in this thread come up with a better slogan

CRAVING, not hungry for, hunger is just the visceral "I need something in me, asshole" signal your guts shoot up at your brain.
"Craving Apples?"
is a thousand times better than "hungry for apples" for that reason.

I'm not hungry for apples.

Dont ask a binary question. You leave the strong possibility for 'not really. I'd rather get a (whatever).'

Second, 'Hungry for assholes?'

I think "how about an apple?" would be better.

It's a bad slogan because it was already used as a joke in the popular cartoon show Rick & Morty.
If you google "Hungry for Apples" you'll get results to reddit jokes, not the actual "Hungry for Apples" ad campaign.

Superior slogan cumming thru

Except those, as others have pointed out in this thread, are not passive, and actually manage to not sound painfully dull sounding (as opposed to 'hungry for apples?').

"Got Milk?" was the punchline of a clever and humorous ad campaign that showed people in situations where they desperately needed milk.

"Hungry for Apples?" is a punchline without a joke.

Wouldn't you want to play on positive preconceptions of apples? And they're kind of basic, so I'm sure there are many. Maybe something playing on the "apple a day" idiom would work better -- something tied into their healthiness, like keeping stocked for a daily apple that people should eat to stay healthy. Maybe "Had an apple today?" or something.

Also did you realize that most of the Got Milk? commercial are grim, gruesome and dark as fuck.

>grim, gruesome and dark as fuck.
Sure, I'd say that.
youtube.com/watch?v=OLSsswr6z9Y

I actually started wanting an apple while making this.

>Rob Paulsen
Neat.

It misunderstands Got Milk?, lazily copying a slogan without understanding the whole point of the marketing behind it. Beyond that it's clumsily worded, feels awkward to say out loud, and just boring in general.

It's a question, not a statement. Advertising is a statement of availability and desirability; this is a question mumbled at the supermarket by one bored middle-aged nobody to another. It doesn't sell the product's features, increase its mystique or desirability, or provide any new information. It's dead air, wasted ink, a lecture attended by no-one but given anyway because the lecturer still gets paid.

>in one paragraph or less

Even this sentence is its own paragraph.

youtube.com/watch?v=ngx1nvvJ2gg

>be weirdo
>try to buy a box of shitty cereal that's bad for me
>old hag at register turns her nose up at my cereal and starts mocking me and laughing
>run home with cereals
Up until the part where he's a cartoon rabbit in a people suit, I know most of these feels

They should play up the patriotic angle.
Johnny Appleseed planting trees, apples through american history.
Construction workers pulling an apple out of their lunch pail for lunch. A new teacher getting an apple at her desk. A farmer bites down on one as he harvests his feild. A family laughing and sitting down to dinner as the mom brings out a freshly baked pie for desert.
"Take a bite of America"
"The taste of America"
Something like that.
At the least, it's no worse than people exploding into milk.

I'm surprised they didn't have the Federation robot analyze that Jerry "Loves dick" from Ricks message and assign him a job as a male prostitute.

In all of those qualities was it a cleverly designed demonstration of Jerry's mediocrity?

I remember a little after the episode aired some user suggested:
>Apple: Take a bite
It was brilliant

>"Got Milk?" was the punchline of a clever and humorous ad campaign that showed people in situations where they desperately needed milk.

What the fuck? All I remember was a bunch of billboards of people with milk mustaches.

Just add some sexy woman offering it to the viewer and you boost interest by 1,000.

Yep. "Hungry for Apples?" is a summation of all of Jerry's flaws.

Maybe make it an allusion to the Adam and Eve story,

It cleverly makes use of the distinctive, familiar sound of biting into a crisp apple.

Same problem as the original.

>How about an apple?
>Nah.

"Got Milk?" worked because it's more of a reminder than a binary question. If your response is "no," then it could lead to "oh shit, I should probably grab some." "Hungry for apples?" just ends at "no." There's no follow-up.

>If your response is "no," then it could lead to "oh shit, I should probably grab some."
Hence the scenarios in the TV sports where people had a desperate need for milk.

If the writing were the same as in season 1, they would have totally went with that idea.

Marketing by Sup Forums.

Oranges are better

This ad is way to intense for ceral

Unless said company is the exclusive world supplier of apples, you're fucked.

that's pretty good

"Hungry for Apples" leaves the viewer simply answering "yeah, sure, I guess I could go for some apples" or "nah, not really."
"Got Milk" leaves the viewer either thinking "Yup, got some fresh milk just yesterday" or "Huh, guess not, maybe I should go get some."

Here is a much better slogan
>Keeps the doctor away

I think the allusion to adam and eve hurts it.

>not wanting the knowledge that God has

Jerry is an idiot

But I have stage 4 ass cancer! I need the doctors

The last couple gallons of milk I got went bad several days even before the date printed on the jug which is supposed to be conservative. Those idiots at the supermarket must be storing them wrong.

TUMORS AS BIG AS APPLES

apples in my apphole

You win an Appley

should have eaten more apples

Adam and eve not adam and steve

"We put the 'A' in USA."

It's a shittier version of "Got Milk?" that fails. "Got Milk?" might be a question but tonal wise sounds more of a direct exclamation to the consumer if they have there product. "Do you got milk? No? Well you better go get some". Milk is one of the most common produce to have in your refrigerator and is something people make sure they regularly buy in the store.

Hungry for Apples meanwhile is a question with no real exclamatory tone. If you're not "hungry for apples" then you'll just say "no" and you won't feel the need to buy some.

>Milk is one of the most common produce to have in your refrigerator and is something people make sure they regularly buy in the store.
What was the purpose of the "Got Milk?" campaign since most people regularly buy it? I don't get it. The beef and pork campaigns had other kinds of meat to compete against, but what gain was the milk campaign trying to make.

then say "Got Apple?"

To get people to buy more milk.

How would it get people to buy MORE milk than they already do?

Because you'd remember to buy milk, instead of putting it off and just drinking water or soda or juice.

it makes people question whether they're out of milk or not at those vulnerable moments when they're actually not sure about it, forcing them to buy at least a carton on the way home just in case. then those same people drink more milk because their fridge is full of it.

the "got milk?" slogan is such vague bullshit yet it works and people still remember what it's about. the whole ad campaign was probably thought up by the devil himself

The got milk ads were great shit because of how odd they could get.

youtube.com/watch?v=N54rfkksxBo

I straight up can't imagine what kind of hilarious scenario would end with a phrase like "Hungry for Apples?"

Apples: How do you like them?

Shitty Phonetic design
Easily undermined

If you want to understand why Got Milk is so good, it's because it presumes a wanting of milk on the part of the ad itself.
Hungry for Apples suggests a supply of apples but is asking the viewer if they're hungry.

>drinking milk because you have too much milk
Gross, why not make a chowder, saucy pasta, or baked good instead?