BENIS PARKER!!!! You're Always late!

BENIS PARKER!!!! You're Always late!

Can't wait for agent venom.

The amount of diversity in this movie was fucking distracting

For you maybe. I didn't notice because I was busy watching the fucking movie instead of daydreaming about what would Sup Forums say about it.

This is bullshit, this guy didn't shat all over Peter's street. Way tp destroy my suspension of disbelief!

Boo hoo I can't focus on the movie if everyone in nyc, a very diverse place; doesn't look like me

Imagine being this retarded.

Was Flash at least a spiderman fanboy like the comics?That's what make him unique.

three white kids in that picture are two too many!

savage

Flash is obviously gay for Peter, hence the genital obsession.

you're a fucking dumbass, i went to school in brooklyn and this movie still seemed too white

I guess Flash did acknowledge that Spiderman is cool or something, but he didn't act like a huge fanboy or anything. The closest instance I can think of was when he asked Spiderman if it was true he was friends with Peter Parker(I interpreted him as jealous here).

So I wasn't the only one reminded of pic related when they showed "MJ" right?

It felt like Flash was secretly gay for Peter

He's not Indian.

>like me
Like the comic
Do you think that people will not be pissed if they do a Mexican black panther?

>Pajeet is the alpha
What did they mean by this?

Why is Sup Forums so mad? Shouldn't they be happy that a brown kid is portrayed as a pathetic piece of shit who antagonizes a white boy for no good reason?

How fucking sad is it. Bullied by a fuckin' pooistani manlet mathlete. Give dat nigga a swirlie, take him where he fears most.

He lives in Queens you mong

Because maybe everyone who criticizes this movie isn't Sup Forums. Flash was a weak part of the movie because this "bullying" is something out of the second grade

The current generation is THAT testosterone-deficient.

And most bullies are pretty childish. What's your point?

He's so old that he doesn't realize that bullying is no longer shoving and swirlies like back in our day, but mostly cyberbullying and namecalling

That he's not a bully and just has a weird homolust for Pete in this movie. He doesn't pick on him for his class, in fact it doesn't seem like he was really poor in the MCU, or anything he just calls him Penis and slaps his ass. He wasn't even better at academics so there's no punching down here at all. It's a terrible view of trolls and bullying of any era

HES GUATEMALAN

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Except cyber bullying is "desu kys cuck " not "hehehe Penis". Are you actually underage

Whites are a minority in NYC, sorry to break it to you.

My high school was less than 10% white.

every time someone mentions spider-man homecoming's diverse cast i bust a hot load

i am now infertile

Its just as diverse, dude.

And whites still make up half the population. I don't care about diversity but when it's clearly shoe horned in there it's shit

>The amount of diversity in this movie was fucking distracting
>I have never been to New York in my life

no... I said he was namecalling because we live in the cyberbullying era where making life miserable (like a popular kid giving a loser kid a juvenile nickname) until the victim cries or kills themself is the end goal.

I'm guessing you don't understand bullies because you never encountered them?
you were the bully in your school. you never got bullied because it was you all along

Have you been to a high school? Ever? That dumb shit would fly if he was an actual Chad but he was a manlet who got shit on by everyone. Flash did nothing to make his life hell except "Benis Barker xDDD". Like I said they should have focused it on his financial situation or at least have the balls to make a PG-13 insult instead of a TV-Y7 one. Nigga I'm posting on Sup Forums you don't think I've been bullied.

>Peter barely paying attention answers a question correctly embarrassing Flash in front of the whole class
>Peter coming back to the question answering quiz club is instantly welcomed by the teacher and Flash is told to give Peter his jacket despite Flash's objection
>Spidey stealing Flash's phone and car and wrecking it
Who's the real bully? All Flash did was call him "Penis Parker".

Literally the only reason it was distracting for me was because it was a science High

It should have been purely Whites, Asians, and Indians

>Inb4 Flash is fine

He's Guatemalan

remember the viral video of the manlet kid who was bullying this big fat kid and the big fat kid picks him up and basically suplexes him twice? and the utter media shitstorm that ensued defending the manlet bully?

Now imagine that manlet bully was super rich AND a minority

>who got shit on by everyone
He was a popular rich kid. He was the DJ at the cool kid house party (you think the vulture owned those turntables?), he sat with the popular kids at lunch. The teacher taking a swing at him to defend peter isn't really indicative of "everyone" shitting on him.

>Flash is a huge coward and not even as brave as Peter without powers
>African kid and MJ constantly make fun of him to his face
>probably not even that much richer than MCU Peter
Really activates my almonds

Do you live in New Hampshire or something?

>He was the DJ at the cool kid house party (you think the vulture owned those turntables?)
Being a DJ isn't impressive now a days, I bet you the movie's budget he had a youtube play list going or just plugged his phone into an aux cable (then again that's how you can tell this movie was made by a board of execs).
>he sat with the popular kids at lunch.
Weren't those just his decathlon friends
>The teacher taking a swing at him to defend peter isn't really indicative of "everyone" shitting on him.
Peter was constantly late and did nothing responsible to help the team. Then Peter comes at the absolute last minute and the teacher kicks him off. Flash choked but at least was responsible to show up. No one respected this man at all. He didn't even bully Peter, if anything Pete's the bully.

Bruh Black Panther being African is tied to his whole origin and identity. Flash being white doesn't have nearly as much importance than T'Challa being black.

>activating almonds in a Spiderman thread

I always love how she completes the "gotcha" soon after the poison kicks in. May is a true keikaku master

Attention everyone, Penis Parker AKA Iron Lad was crying.

>>The teacher taking a swing at him to defend peter
Wait what? Like physically swinging at him? What the fuck? I don't remember this!

It's a metaphor for the teacher being a dick verbally to flash in front of the other students

Wait, there's a scene in this movie where Peter Parker is bullied by being referred to as 'Penis' Parker?

Thanks for letting me know not to waste my time. That's juvenile beyond words. That's Seth McFarlane-tier.

Does Peter face any adversity in this movie? It seems like everyone is holding his hand and protecting him. What a baby, he has nothing to complain about. #hat an ungrateful douche canoe.

That's one of the biggest problem with this movie. It feels like watching a 2 hour movie about how Peter acts before Uncle Ben got shot. He's incredibly selfish and reckless

>He's incredibly selfish and reckless
So he's behaving like a teenager...? That's your problem?

>That's juvenile beyond words
Tell me about the masterfully crafted verbal insults the 15 year olds in your school use to berate each other with

>Tell me about the masterfully crafted verbal insults the 15 year olds in your school use to berate each other with
The difference is we never had to pay to go to highschool.

youve got a point, bullies aren't usually masters of subtlety

>those airhorns after his shitty jokes
had me laughing pretty hard tho ngl

Is this really what it's like to be white and right-leaning? I genuinely can't imagine being this offended by the mere sight of more than one minority in a scene.

>So he's behaving like a teenager...? That's your problem?
Yes, my problem is Peter Parker is not acting like Peter Parker. The "He's a teen" argument is dumb when he's been a high schooler in other adaptations yet still able to act like himself

>the manlet kid who was bullying this big fat kid and the big fat kid picks him up and basically suplexes him twice? and the utter media shitstorm that ensued defending the manlet bully?
That would've made Pajeet Thompson at least somewhat interesting. Even if audiences would side with the snooty manlet like the braindead liberals they are.

They were better than 'Penis'. That was used among five year olds.

>Murrica, I guess

I thought everyone was praising the fat kid because the shrimpy fucker got bodied by someone who clearly didn't want a confrontation?

>"Penis" Parker
>slapping his ass

Probably.

Have you ever been to New York City?

haha yes

You know what? I'm going to come out and say it: I could totally buy this kid as Peter's bully. I mean, I went into the film with just as many reservations about this particular casting decisions as anyone else, but the more I saw of him the more he started to make perfect sense and the more I became convinced that the traditional depiction of Flash Thompson as a big, white jock who gives Peter swirlies wouldn't have worked.

Fire of all, you have to take into account the fact that Peter's school is clearly pretty affluent. It's a school for the best and the brightest: kids who have success and achievement in their future in whatever field they excel in. Sure, you could make a case for Flash being carried in on a football scholarship, but then you have to consider how Peter himself was depicted in this one.

Peter's less of your traditional 90s nerd and more of an outsider. Sure, he earns the animosity of some of the cooler kids for being kind of a loser, but he mostly just avoids them and they mostly just avoid him. He spends most of his time with like-minded people who travel within his social circle, i.e. similarly nerdy kids. Any interaction with the traditional Flash Thompson character would require either Peter of Flash to step willingly outside of their comfort zones to confront each other in what is ultimately an outdated and archaic form of bullying.

Which brings me to my last and final point: bullying has, for all intents and purposes, evolved. Gone are the days of Tyrannosaurus Chad going around and shoving nerds into lockers so he can show off in front of teenagers. Even when that type of behaviour was a more regular occurrence, it was often exaggerated beyond the suspension of disbelief. Not every jock is a meathead out to assert his social dominance on anyone who looks at him funny and not every nerd is a nice, cool kid who winds up a victim of circumstance.

>con't.

Flash being Indian/pakistani doesn't matter, it isn't important to his character. You could say the same about him not being a football jock but times are changing so theres that

Meanwhile black panthers who thing is being black so you cant really change that.

Don't forget, this is their best and brightest

>peter never got to tell flash hes besties with spider-man
>peter crashed his car to get his comeuppance

the movie would have been 10x better if peter had gone as spidey to the party and then noticed the explosions

also, why the fuck did peter take flashes car when he can web swing? Was it to get revenge or was it because he was in a residential area with no way to web swing up?

I knew a kid in AP who got straight As, but otherwise talked and acted like a complete retard.

Flash could have and should have taunted him for being broke at a preppy rich kid school.
>You know what Parker, you're lucky your Aunt's hot. If she wasn't, she couldn't make such a good living on her back. How else could you afford to go here?

He should have said Peter called him when he saved them in the elevator. That way Liz would have a better reason to say Pete knows Spider-Man in the car

But this movie was written by adults. Supposedly competent adults, and the best they came up with was "Penis". "Kids acting dumb" isn't a cover for shit writing

He's the freshfaced teen in this movie. After infinity wars we'll get college parker, who will act more like himself.

Except Peter's not broke
>lives in a nice big NY apartment
>goes to a private school
>loses clothes and back pack and May just says "k cool"

But he should already be acting like himself. One of the biggest selling points for this movie was that it's not an origin, Ben's already rotting six feet under.

adults writing insults relatable and humorous to 6 year old kids as well as the adult audience

It's spider man. It's as much for the little kids as it is us.

this would have been too sophisticated to do ten times in the movie as a background thing.

Dude it's New York City.

It's never been that black and white and it's become even less so with the advent of social media. I'm only being slightly tongue in cheek when I say that kids these days are "woke". They have a constant stream of information just bombarding them with messages and agendas and ideology that seeps into their pores and forces them to grow up in unprecedented ways.

Kids these days are trendy. They're socially and politically aware. They're rebellious and anti-authority on a macro scale. They hashtag about social injustice and their feelings on all kinds of worldwide forums. They are altogether more and less mature than any generation of children that have gone before them.

So why not their bullies too?

I've seen examples of bullying today in schools like the one in Homecoming. Harmless shows of physical dominance are far and few between. Now, when someone picks on you, they go in for the kill and the best way to strike at a teenager's vulnerabilities is through words, not violence.

This movie's Flash is the kid I've seen a thousand times before: a rich, arrogant snob who knows he's set for life because his dad has it in with X or he's got an internship lined up at Y. He thinks having a Spotify playlist makes him a DJ and that having more followers than you on Instagram makes him a better person. He takes selfies and retweets whatever bullshit he thinks makes him look deeper than he is. And then one day some know-it-all comes along and has the audacity to make him feel small. That's a real, modern day bully -- an insecure little chode who talks about you behind your back, stabs you in the back whenever he gets a chance and tries to paint you as the asshole when you snap.

That's what this Flash was - subtle and manipulative. Enough so that even I wanted to punch him in his smug little face knowing that he would use the opportunity to paint me as a psychopath on his social media pages. That's the kind of Flash that would exist today.

But see, the personal, directed attack thing takes it too far. The audience would have hated him after that rather than just be annoyed by him. The audience has to appreciate peter for ignoring him but not actively want peter to beat his face in

contrary to , this movie was written by adults, and they had to make Flash the bully without making him completely hated by the audience. That's why he gets the traditional g-rated comeuppance - his dad is going to be so mad about that car! He's in trouble guys! instead of say, being collateral damage in the vulture fight

The buildings are too low in Queens. they made sure to give you at least three occasions where he falls flat on his face because he runs out of buildings or he has to run because there's nothing high enough for him to latch onto in the movie so you'd be able to come to the conclusion that that's why by the third act.

Yes, but this is marvel. They have like eight spiderman movies planned with this actor already. They're leaving space for character development, I'm sure.

>It's spider man. It's as much for the little kids as it is us.
Are you really bringing out the Jar-Jar excuse? Little kids are dumb and will laugh at the word pudding. They'll also grow up so write something that will last with them all through out their life.
>would have been too sophisticated to do ten times in the movie as a background thing.
Then don't make him a "modern day" bully. Kids still get beat up and will always be beat up

>Kids these days are trendy
NO ONE GIVES A SHIT ABOUT KIDS THESE DAYS. It's also a good way to date your movie really quick.

Welp, I just thought those scenes were to show that hes a kid and misjudged how much webbing he'd actually need to make a good swing

>caring about dating your movie
>at all

Timelessness is a fucking meme. Creating a strong established setting is far better than clinging to stock tropes just because they've "always been there".

>NO ONE GIVES A SHIT ABOUT KIDS THESE DAYS.
Except for kids these days, i.e., the primary target of this movie, you out-of-touch fuck.

Kids get their asses beat for talking shit or being fags (both senses of the term). I'd rather Flash be knocked down a peg in height rather than risk turning Peter into an unlikable jackass.

But the problem with all of this is that a bully like that wouldn't stoop to Penis Parker.

He'd photoshop a dick on Peter's face and spread it all over social media. Or if he was genre-savvy enough, start a witchhunt for Peter's white male privilege.

Then people should stop praising it for not being an origin story when it obviously was. In fact it's worse because it's two hours of what was a few minutes in the other movies. Don't these movies go back to sony after this anyways? Also
>MCU movies
>character development

>Jar-Jar excuse
nice straw man. and no. I'm saying it had to be a bully little kids will recognize from their young life experience as well as one we will recognize from ours, so it's not sophisticated bullying. It's schoolyard namecalling, something that is universally understandable for both age demographics.

>Then don't make him a "modern day" bully. Kids still get beat up and will always be beat up
The point of the spider man movie is to show being heroic is about having restraint, that's why he's a good guy and a role model and not the punisher. Flash has to tip toe up to the line but not cross it.

read this guy's shit if you still don't understand why Flash was a verbal bully and not a physical bully

What comic is this from? I'd love to see more of this.

ohohoho what about a black panther thats actually white, since you love diversity im sure you would love that

>LOOK AT ME IM ON MY SMART PHONE RECORDING VERTICALLY
>WHOA TEXTING
>BENIS PARKER
>PROTESTING GUYS!! STAY AWAKENED
>strong setting
Write something good and you don't have to rely on shitty fads that will die in two minutes

Enjoy your shitty flash in the pan movie, guess I shouldn't expect studios to try.

The Sensational Spider-Man, vol 31.

They already did that

it's not a peter parker becomes a superhero origin story, which is what people are praising

it is indeed a "spiderman becomes a responsible hero" origin story, though, which seems to be your problem. I'm sorry this spider man isn't as up to date at the version you're familiar with, but this is a new character for a new generation. This is their first spider man movie and possibly their first major introduction to him. Those "other movies" you like were designed to be modern spider man in a three movie trilogy. This spider man is designed to grow up with the audience over 8 movies like harry potter.

Enjoy your prune juice, you self-aggrandizing old fuck.

>black man's identity is important because black
>white kids identity isn't important because white.

Black Panther could easily be a Boer and still be as appropriate user. But that wouldn't be good enough for you, would it?

>I'm saying it had to be a bully little kids will recognize from their young life experience as well as one we will recognize from ours, so it's not sophisticated bullying.
It wasn't a strawman, Jar Jar was made because Lucas thought children were dumb pieces of shit. A person who's more well off than another and going out of their way to state that is obvious. Rich assholes are done like that on Nick Jr for chist sake. And if that's too hard then use someone who's physically larger like, I don't know, how Flash Thompson was already.

>The point of the spider man movie is to show being heroic is about having restraint
By ruining a guys car because he called him a name. A real hero.

I understand but the verbal bullying was poorly written

>0 spurdo in this thread

Go back to watching TBBT and posting about how "incredibly quirky and nerdy xDD" you are

yeah, he does. Mostly from Tony and Happy being complete self-centered dicks. And gods damn, were they 100% dicks.

but other than that...no, not really. Vulture does give Pete a run for his money in the fights, but nothing overwhelmingly. His friends/team-mates are all amazingly accepting of his flakiness. Aunt May has a bit of a break down, that's over pretty much as soon as Pete cries about loosing his internship.

So you've seen New York or been in any multicultural city huh?