The Great X-Men Storytime - Vol. 5: Fall of the Mutants (Part 13)

What's a comrade to do in America?

PREVIOUSLY ON X-MEN:

Other urls found in this thread:

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Uncanny_X-Men:_Madness_in_Murderworld_Vol_1_1
youtube.com/watch?v=Rnz-qwt8hE4
youtube.com/watch?v=DY64UWKfPJg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Ann Nocenti is underrated.

Now, I know what you're thinking, just when the hell does this story take place?
Well, it was published around the time Inferno was going on, but it obviously couldn't take place then, so for simplicity's sake I put it here, right after the Genosha arc.

If it doesn't fit all that well, sue me. Or better, sue Marvel.

Tru dat

This page right here is like a time capsule from the eighties.

Haha, geez...

>tfw born too late to go hunting crack dealers with your dad when you were 5

That's not traumatizing at all!

>kill the child gently, softly
>kill him with love
What the fuck.

> Ann Nocenti writes Colossus

well we're in for some kind of ride

How can you be racist against commies? They're not a race! Silly old man.

Colossus: The Man of Steel!

Something I've always loved about Piotr's Colossus form is that he doesn't just turn into a metal-skinned dude, he actually has a very particular pattern on his skin. It's neat.

I knew they'd come through.

Fucking hell, guys.

Jesus, kid!

Bringing up my point again Colossus is the most underrated Husbandu

>crack is a conspiracy by the russians to undermine the US

lol

brb

jah bless OP

x-user do you have this which was bundled with a terrible Angry Nerd tier videogame?

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Uncanny_X-Men:_Madness_in_Murderworld_Vol_1_1

>captcha is literally KINO

I don't think so? I'll have to go check.

Uh guys, I'm not sure if discussing politics with a bunch of guns around is the best idea...

it has this funny scene

Awww

Dammit.

Yeah, I'm downloading it right now.

>too late for Zackery's generation

bad news colossus!

also Legacy Virus as AIDS and what happens to Colossus is a big signpost in my mind with all the 80s politics talk

Darn, brb again

Sometimes wonder how Marvel Comics Presents would have turned out had they stuck with their original plan to have a different solo X-Men story every couple of months. They abandoned it and went full on Wolverine around issue #48 save for the random one-off (Mirage, Mojo, Warlock, Beast) but I wonder what kind of stuff we would have gotten had it stayed the course:

The Archangel filler solo story from Judgement War expanded to around 10-12 issues

Hellions solo stories perhaps, even showing Warpath leaving the team perhaps to set up him joining X-Force

The story of how Havok got captured and brainwashed by Cameron Hodge and the Genoshans

Nocenti doing more Longshot shit

Maybe Claremont doing flashback shit with Rogue to explain what the fuck happened between Rogue/Mystique and Carol Danvers?

It takes place in Nocenti time.

Alright, now I should be able to finish this with no further interruptions.

Just calling mutants freaks would probably make a better slur than mutie.

The best kind of time!

Yeah, it's fun to wonder, especially when it comes to the X-Men, where there's been a ton of editorial-sided what ifs.

>easy now, i know what you mean

how many Vietnamese has dude massacred?

Gotta say, it's funny how the guy didn't like Colossus because he's Russian and not because he's a mutant.

>I just ironed those curtains

>May I call you "Nina", then?
...why?

We may never know.

Damn, this is some real shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=Rnz-qwt8hE4
He's a big ABBA fan.

Fuck!

Dammit, I thought I was done with ABBA!

Now THAT's traumatizing!

Why was there a random Jamaican in a covert ex-CIA team of hyper-americans anyway?

>they replaced it with the heart of a baboon!
That's racist.

This family needs a therapist.

Too bad they can't afford one!

Jesus Christ!

Damn you, America!!

This is like a goddamn fever dream.

>Dishes! Pillows! Sheets! Beds! I hate you!
Was this meant to be funny? Because it is.

that good Nocenti shit

good shit go౦ԁ sHit thats some goodshit rightthere rightthere if i do ƽaү so my self i say so thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷM HO0OଠOOOOOOଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ Good shit

lol i was just being a jokey left winger with the murdering civilians joke but this dude totally did a my lai

He may have actual skeletons in his closet.

Young man... are you planning to share with the class or not?

I'll admit, reading and posting this while I listen to John Williams' Superman soundtrack has been... an interesting experience, to put it in some way.

Honestly? I really cannot tell. Like look at the last two panels here and tell me this shit isn't funny.

BUDDA-BUDDA-BUDDA

I believe in Colossus's muscles too.

those are some good guns

Apparently not, Zack!

it's funny how Marvel is the more "down to Earth" of the big 2 but in this era, late 80s, Nocenti is really the only one I can think of touching on real shit whereas DC had like a fucking line about military industrial shit

Wait, WHAT

Colossus really is too pure.

Well shit, I guess he really DID die!

He literally gave up the ghost.

He lost the will to live

WE MAY NEVER KNOW

Alright, that's it for today. See ya guys next time, when we go from Genosha, to the heart of America, to England! That's right, it's Excalibur time!

Nah. He said he was going to pass on his spirit to his daughter, and Nocenti is definitely one to not mean that as a metaphor.

youtube.com/watch?v=DY64UWKfPJg

Quit fucking muzzle sweeping the room, child. God damn.

prejudice is a funny thing X-user.

>THEY REPLACED ALL MY BLOOD WITH HYENA BLOOD!!!!

seriously? was that really the closest thing they had? they just had hyena blood laying about? not cow, pig, or anything, you know, local to the USA?

user...get help.

>not having a stash of hyena blood on hand so you can inject it into your henchman and see what happens
Do you even mad science?

Hyenas are totally local to the US if you're willing to abuse eminent domain on the right Zoo.