How is Homecoming's Flash in any way a competent bully?

>Rarely uses his alleged family money to humiliate the poor Peter
>Physically smaller than Peter
>Less liked by their shared social group
>Less attractive than Peter
>Less intelligent than Peter
>The peak of his bullying is realizing "Peter" is slang for penis and running that joke into the ground

Other urls found in this thread:

dosomething.org/us/facts/11-facts-about-school-violence
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Honestly, I don't give a shit about racebending or whatever. If "MJ" was Mary Jane and had the same personality I'd be fine. But, what is the point of using an existing character with a completely different personality and dynamic. It would be like if in a Batman movie, Bruce was friends with a super buff young guy and they called him Alfred

>Flash in a Spiderman tshirt
Why is Flash the cutest supporting character?

Because he used to actually be a decent character.

He wasn't meant to be a traditional bully so much as he was meant to be that little weaselly fucker who constantly tries to take digs at you or whisper behind your back. Less a bully and more the kind of prick you just want to hate. I feel like they could have gone further with his egging Peter on but they're probably trying to give him room for redemption or comedy.

He's more of an dick. If anything its more realistic to high school nowadays.

You gotta understand how school is in the United States in 2017. You can't just pick fights in the hallway any more. You will get expelled and possibly even face criminal charges. There's no way the school would allow a kid who beats people up every week to continue going to school there, they would throw his ass out.

However you can still get away with calling people a penis

Made sense to me to be honest

Flash was one of the best characters in the comic, this little faggot is nothing like him.

Peter could have slapped the shit out of him and no one would have blamed him for it. The fact that he just takes this constant abuse for no reason may be some weird attempt at showing what a great guy Peter is, but if this little brown shit was going out of his way to call me out, I would have taken him behind a dumpster and beaten the fuck out of him until he cried for daddy.

Honestly, does the 'dick jock' stereotype even exist anymore?

Back when I was in junior high nobody actually got into fights, but guys would talk shit and make very specific threats to each other when there weren't any teachers around. Are you saying they don't even do that any more?

>there is no phisical bullying in schools anymore
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
WTF
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

>Peter could have slapped the shit out of him and no one would have blamed him for it

Ah, that's where you're wrong. Trust me, if Peter resorted to Flash's taunts with violence, Flash would take the opportunity to paint Peter as some school shooter psychopath who doesn't know how to take a joke. That's modern day bullying, user: pushing someone's buttons until they lose their shit and then making everyone alienate them for losing their shit.

Also, you need anger management therapy.

School Shootings don't count m8

There is, it's just not the most efficient and lasting way of picking on someone anymore and it's far less prominent, especially in affluent schools like Peter's where they'd bust your ass if they ever caught you doing it.

I didn't say it wasn't there

I said they would throw him out of school for it. I don't know any kid who continuously beat the shit out of anyone at school because after the first or second instance they would be expelled and stop going to school with us after that.

Are you saying there's no consequence for beating the shit out of a guy every day? Get the fuck out

Yeah, you probably know about that

he's not joking

ive got a cousin in junior year, him and some guy fought in the locker rooms and he told me the fight only lasted 30 seconds, he got 2 days of suspension while the other got 4

the modern day school environment sounds really pathetic

Peter's also a genius and could have easily engineered a situation in which he would be seen as blameless. And you know what, if you think not putting up with someone constantly harassing you and making your life a living hell doesn't deserve some kind of come-uppance, then maybe you're too much of a numale

>he's never been sodomized

>I don't know any kid who continuously beat the shit out of anyone at school because after the first or second instance they would be expelled and stop going to school with us after that.
Peter was like, 1 step away from quitting high school anyway around the mid-point of the movie, so why would he care about that and not slap that asshole silly?

>But, what is the point of using an existing character with a completely different personality and dynamic.
Another user in another thread said it best:

>we cant create original ideas but still want the credit for being original

the best part was in the gym class when he gets down off the rope and starts walking towards peter, and wonder why it's taking him so long to walk across the room
since he's been walking for about a minute now but isn't really getting any closer

>It would be like if in a Batman movie, Bruce was friends with a super buff young guy and they called him Alfred

or a superman movie where lex luthor is a young nerdy zuckerberg type

They don't really need to resort to swirlies or wedgies anymore when the average millennial schoolboy will cut himself over being disagreed to on twitter.

>If anything its more realistic to high school nowadays.
???

Yeah, no. I graduated in 2014 and jocks still EXIST. They're just not the brainless buff chad stereotype that people keep talking about. They're not fucking idiots anymore and they're still tall and fit and play sports.

There's still fights going on too, and again: they're not fucking idiots, if there was a fight it'd be somewhere outside but close to the school.

Yep.

Everyone crying about Flash is just an oldfag going
>b-b-b-b-but muh bully cliches....

None of you faggots have been in a high school for at least 20 years. Fuck off already.

You're speaking from the perspective of an outsider to the situation who has no personal connection to any of the character and has a clear anti-social streak.

Peter is a fundamentally nice and sociable person. This Flash wasn't dunking his head in toilets every day or threatening to turn his head into pulp, he was just an opportunistic douche who took any opportunity to knock him down a peg.

Do you really think Peter - an intelligent and socially well-adjusted kid who has far more important things to worry about - would go out and try to do serious harm to someone whose abuse amounts to little more than moderate social embarrassment every now and then?

His ego isn't that fragile and he isn't that unhinged.

I wouldn't mind young hot buff boy Alfred

>Jason Funderberker

>has a clear anti-social streak.
Motherfucker we're on Sup Forums. We all have an anti-social streak.
And I'm not saying he's gotta fucking kill the kid, but get him somewhere outside of school and let him know that if he keeps pushing this, it will get physical and he will not want that to happen.

Jocks exist, in that people at your school you play on the teams exist. They're no more likely to be a bully than anyone else. Playing sports doesn't inherently make you an asshole.

There weren't any jock bullies at my school.

In my experience, Chad is normally a pretty nice guy who doesn't go out of his way to pick fights with nerds. Most Chads either ignore nerds or are completely neutral to them. Actual bullies are either people who have personal vendettas against particular individuals or insecure problem child types who feel threatened by another person.

I don't know any school where jocks just go around with paddles hunting for nerds anymore. That's such a shallow and fantasized approach to bullying.

Desu I'd slap Ned round the head for that "Peter knows Spiderman" comment.

So in your high school there were guys beating up people every day and the school did nothing about it? At the school I went to, they'd suspend you for fighting, even outside the place.

Again, Peter is a well-adjusted and empathetic young man who has far more important things to worry about than some insecure rich kid calling him Penis Parker.

>physically assaulting your classmates results in punishment
>school environment sounds really pathetic

What kind of fucking psycho are you?

>In 2011, 20% of high school students were bullied at school, and 33% reported being involved in a physical fight in the last year.
>More than 7% of 9th through 12th graders reported being threatened or injured with a weapon on school property at least once in the last year. An additional 6% admitted to bringing a weapon to school for protection.

Is real, is frequent, is realistic as fuck, is not "a thing of the past"

dosomething.org/us/facts/11-facts-about-school-violence

Anyone bitching about his race is a fucking child. Different universe, get over it. As far as his bullying, I agree with you. I love the movie, but as a side antagonist he is lacking.

If they wanted to push the academic, class-based bullying angle so much, why couldn't they make Flash smart AND athletic? A foil character that dwarfs the MC in every possible aspect just standing next to him sounds more striking and dynamic than writing a dumb manlet and expect anybody to take his "bullying" seriously.

Ned was so fucking obnoxious at first, but he got better as the movie went on and he became a sort of voice of reason for Peter.

This. Most of the Chad types at my school were pretty decent guys. The biggest assholes were the rich kids, to be honest.

He wasnt a bully, he was gay for Peter and didnt know how to express himself

Hell, at my school you'd get in big trouble just for threatening to hurt someone.

Dude you're missing the goddamn point so fucking hard

If Flash did something like that they would kick him out of school and Peter wouldn't ever see him again

It's that simple

I'll give you that, this Peter in particular doesn't seem like the kind of kid to do that.

>I don't know any school where jocks just go around with paddles hunting for nerds anymore.
>anymore

When would any of you even experience that? Most of Sup Forums is in their 20s. Most of you weren't even born when Revenge of the Nerds came out.

He can do it where there is no witness and terrorize/shame peter to shut up

Real Phisical bullies think before doing shit, they plan their attacks to get away.

>reeeee real bullying happens I want muh Flash

Why the fuck would someone like the traditional Flash exist in Peter's school? It was an affluent school known for recruiting the most academically bright or exceptional children and most of its attendees were middle-class and up. It's 2017 - if there was a guy going around dealing actual physical damage to kids in an environment like that, he would be shut down the moment anyone came forward or recorded it on their phones.

You're just out of touch.

>2011
>Not a thing of the past
???

No one denied that violence in school still happens. We're saying that in a high class school like the one Peter goes to, there is no way they'd have someone constantly beating up other kids without getting expelled, especially an athlete.

>6 years changed everything!!!
C'mon fag.

Couldn't they have named this "Flash" something like Eushiva "Parashi" Thompsoli or something like that?

>2011
oh jeez

>physically bully the kid who can lift a collapsed building off of himself

Yeah, I'm sure he'll get the upper hand.

Or a Supergirl show where Jimmy Olsen is a muscular black man.

read

>all these narcissists coming out of the woodwork to say "well at my school they did THIS not THAT"
Maybe they'd give Pajeet the boot because Peter's school knows how to keep shit in order, not because you had a cushy/shitty life.

No, fuck you. Cartoon stereotypes are real! They should have had a REAL Flash literally killing these nerds! It's real because I saw it on tv as a kid.

God, I want a Chad to rape me.

This is how I know you're completely disconnected from reality and you have no idea what you're talking about.

Shit, when was the last time you were even in a school? When did you last speak to anyone under the age of 16?

Were SJWs, antifa, BLM and Trump a thing six years ago?

pls don't blacked my waifu

Except peter wouldn't risk showing flash that he got superpowers, many bullies got friends that follow them everywhere.

She wasn't Mary Jane you huge retard
she was Michelle

>Donald Trump is 5 years old

>MJ

Literally no one seems to like Flash though. He just keeps constantly inserting himself into places he doesn't seem to be welcome and being obnoxious at Peter until the scene ends.

>my friends call her MJ
>she has no friends
>no one calls her that
>she's not MJ
>that's the joke

Not him, but radical liberals, assholes who wreck places while saying the government is out to get them, black people who are mad at police brutality, and Donald Trump have existed for decades.

The modern notion of a bully is a psychopath who is a violent and insecure roid rager at all times.

Flash was never that way. He never even went out of his way to target Pete. He would get snide with him but Pete would fire right back.
This weird abusive Jock stereotype is what gave us the Flash in the Amazing movie.

Right, I forgot Sup Forums trying to meme him into office back in 2011.

I got a little sister and cousins I got daily contact so I know very fucking well that this violence thill exist, you really think that colossal violence situation would be reduced to very small number in 6 years??

Not him but if he was like 25 or something it would be weird of he was doing that

MJ =/= Mary Jane

2011 was 20 years ago

Zendaya might not be Mary Jane, but she's still MJ. She will REPLACE Mary Jane, of whom nothing but two letters will remain.

No she is saying that they are her friends now it's just the movie didn't show any relationship development with her character so the scene was jaring

Even worst than pic related.

Again, are there students who get with beating up other kids daily at whatever school your family members go to?

>So out of touch to think that 6 years don't change a thing.

>any of those thigns somehow impact kids beating each other up in high school

dat filename

Young people are the ones most likely buying into all that anarchist, "BASH DA FASH" crap.

>>So out of touch to think that 6 years don't change a thing.

man you're delusional. i'm an actual high school teacher, that shit happens all the time.

>colossal violence situation
You're exaggerating. Remember that statistics don't exist to scare you about the world outside your computer: they're just data compiled through surveys and experiments to help you understand it to a certain extent.

The numbers you posted aren't an epidemic of violence the likes of which threatens to capsize the American school system. They're relatively small numbers in the grand scheme of things.

he seemed more like rich douchebag than a bully

im glad im not american its great to be a bully and beat people up at school been doing it since 1997 talking and spreading rumors is for faggots crippling is the good shit bro

That's the whole point of Peter/Flash, idiot. Peter can take him on, but won't do it, because he hides he's strong, so he acts like a wimp.

I'm glad I'm not American and don't have to partake in this unholy viral mix of stupidity and insanity that has taken American society by storm.

you've been at school since 1997?

Seriously. At least cast a physically intimidating brown teen. I'm there are a couple out there looking for work...

A character trait that loses all of its weight when Peter looks like he could handle Flash even depowered.

by statistics countless thousands kids and teenagers got beat up by a bully every single year, so no is not unrealistic

>At least cast a physically intimidating brown teen
Why? Flash wasn't a physical bully in this.

Read the original OP again. He doesn't even come off as the "academic bully" they were trying so hard to push.

Yes,here is bullies that took months or even years to be caught,and even when caught they almsot never give a fuck, laws don't stop adults from doing crimes much less kids

>Chads are genuinely the nicest coolest people I made friends with in high school
>the geeks and nerds are the most assholish people I knew
I never understood the Chad hate meme

bad grades senpai the classroom is filled with young people i sometimes kidnap few and tame them.....with dicks im the best slave trader in iraq

>beat people up at school been doing it since 1997

You've been in school for 20 fucking years?

>"what is the point of using an existing character with a completely different personality and dynamic?"

Should've been asking that question 10 years ago when the ultimate universe was starting...