What were the best issues of the Batman Adventures (and sequel series)?

What were the best issues of the Batman Adventures (and sequel series)?

Not so much an issue, but I liked the whole Mayor Penguin arc. The way it integrated Riddler and Clock King was clever.

I'm a sucker for the Parobeck drawn stuff.

Also, apparently the team in OP's pick are coming back to do a Batman and Harley Quinn prequel comic.

The arc of when Hugo Strange creates the reverse-memory thing and it results in Bruce having the mind of his 8 year old sef

Sadly the art looks literally DeviantArt tier

>Harley splits -- Ivy

FUUUUUCK
OFFFFF

I thought that looked familiar

Are you actually this autistic about a ship or do you show up in every thread as some sort of elaborate act?

The two Riddler issues and the one with criminal versions of Archie Goodwin, Denny O'Neil and Mike Carlin.

The one where Joker trolls Two-Face by making him believe Bruce is having an affair with Grace.

Eh, I'd wait until we get a preview of the interiors.

"Harley Tries To Reform" is one of the most common stories she has. That doesn't work if she's dating an ecoterrorist

Both could reform though

That would be wildly out of character for Ivy

Elseworlds, it's not like it'll affect main canon

Good point, making this reaction doubly autistic

I think the better solution would be to highlight the fact that their relationship is pretty shitty and even downright psychologically abusive at times.

So create something that was never with them in the first place?. Well that was happening in the movie anyway

Once again a thread gets completely derailed by shipperfags. Is there anyone worse in any fandom?

Harlivyfags deserve to be publicly executed desu

I don't mind the ship, in fact I kind of enjoy the Thelma and Louise thing they have going on. But why are the fans of it so goddamn obnoxious?

All of them. It's fucking awesome.

Gotham adventures #10 and #14

You think everything is about your ship.

I love this series, and I'm glad it's finally in paperback form.

I liked the issue from vol. 2 where Clayface wanted to be the Gray Ghost.

Batman Adventures #28, funny, sad, silly.

Batman Adventures annual #1
Batman and Robin #18 (the same old plot in the war of the jokes and the riddles)

STORYTIME THE ENTIRE THING please

The power of trips compels you, user.

A shame they never got the Roxy Rocket treatment.

"One Night in Paris"

Made me a Bruce X Talia shipper.

I really liked Birdcage. It's one of my favorite Penguin stories.
It also has this wonderful dialogue that I think is a great summary of Batman and Penguin's relationship as characters.
>You can't keep thinking of Gotham City as your personal playground anymore.
>I know, I know. You think it's yours.

The Holiday Special written and drawn by the show's staff is the single best Batman issue ever.

A lot of those stories wound up in the show

More importantly, when did the series turn to shit? I know Dan Slott made some dumb story arcs, but I'd like to know when this whole shebang jumped the shark

I enjoyed the whole series

>Dan Slott made some dumb story arcs
Man, remember when Slott was popular?

>penguin has huge robotnik teeth
It's so distracting

It's one of his penguin powers.

Yeah, back when he was a C-list writer who made minis about obscure Batman villains, or quirky funny She-Hulk comics, people loved him. Then he became A-list, and Sup Forums can't abide that. TBF I haven't read his Spidey, I assume it's terrible but Spidey comics have been largely bad since I was old enough to read ('93)

The Hugo Strange issue by Ty Templeton, which actually gave him actual character and motivations beyond the scraps from the main cartoon.

Yeah it is pretty distracting. His teeth were pretty normal in the actual cartoon.
Maybe they were trying to do bring him closer to Burton's Penguin.

Disgusting.

People blame Morrison for ruining Bruce/Talia, but since day one she's always had a weird stalker vibe to her infatuation with Bruce.

I miss the bird memes

Given what DC's done to Harley, maybe that's not so bad.

It never turned to shit. Slott didn't even write the last run.

What bird memes?

Just that pretty much the entire point of the character used to be his goofy appearance and his obsession with birds and now he's usually portrayed as an organized crime boss.

Slott's work on this series was great though.

The book was only "bad" at the end of the Gotham Adventures era, with Scott Peterson writing, and even then it was pretty good.

So no one has said Mad Love yet? Really?

I liked it but I don't know why it was never my cup of tea, I don't know maybe it felt OOC for Joker after the many episodes of the animated series where Joker was kind of tamer.

I didn't read the comic until after the animated series was finished.

That's why I specifically mentioned Roxy instead of Harley. She originated from the comic tie-ins instead of the show, and THEN she was brought onto the show. She's made small appearances in the comics and more recently in Justice League Action. Enough to be popular, but not to become obnoxious like Harley is.

I think it's the best one-shot in DC history.

that's Batman/The Spirit

Darwyn Cooke was too good for this world

The one where Joe Chill lives in fear of Bruce Wayne remembering his face and tracking him down to have his revenge years later. He starts seeing Bruce's face everywhere he goes terrified that the little boy whose parents he killed is now one of the most powerful men in the world. He later dies when Batman corners him for an unrelated crime and see's Bruce's face thinking that he's finally snapped and falls off the roof

Fair enough. I read somewhere that it was pretty indulgent at the end and that Slott wanted Red Hood to be Andrea Beaumont's mother

Bump

Kelly Puckett is alive?!?!

too true

At least bump with image.

Riddler accidentally leaving Batman clues was a good one.

JLA is a fun show.

Eh, it's one of those things that could've been better in execution. That's why I'm always wary of judging ideas out of a vacuum.

Space Cabbie looks so miserable.

That's because they're about to pick up Darkseid after Space Cabbie just stopped him from killing Suuperman.

I really like the one where the Riddler decides to ditch his gimmick and just rob stuff for profit, but ends up subconsciously leaving clues anyway and gets so dejected that he willingly goes back to Arkham because he really is sick.

For the longest while, I thought those comics ended with The Riddler in a coma. (it was an arc that was never finished due to the series cancellation.

But then he turns up fine in the Justice League Adventures comic.