Why do so many Cats hate the Barry Allen Flash?

Batman once said "Barry allen is the kind of man that I would've hoped to become if my parents hadn't been murdered." He is basically a true her, literally above reproach.

Almost everyone I talk to is upset that Wally was not the flash and that Barry came back and is "stealing the spotlight". In all honesty I thoruoughly loved flashpoint and I think that The Flash Rebirth and the 2010 series of The Flash with Barry contained some terrific stories. I think Geoff Johns did a terrific job writing him. I know most people that are big on comics right now, aka "New Comic Fags", grew up with Wally as The Flash but it's time for him to step back.

Really there is not room for two Flashes in the DC universe, it gets way too convoluted. Barry is basically the most moral hero in the DC universe. I would take him over Shazam or Superman in morality.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y-4cl1ZkZs4
youtube.com/watch?v=x0bk7zjqi8c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because Barry used to own a puppy, till Zoom played with it in traffic

Because he is the most whitebread character DC has. Makes Dick and Hal look exciting.

You've made this thread before and the answer is still the same.

B8

Who...are you? Who the FUCK are you!?

>Batman once said "Barry allen is the kind of man that I would've hoped to become if my parents hadn't been murdered." He is basically a true her, literally above reproach.
Because, Einstein, someone wrote the line "I, BATMAN, WISH I COULD'VE BEEN MORE LIKE BARRY ALLEN" specifically as a heavy-handed attempt to get soft-skulled newbies like you going "Ooooh, BATMAN likes BARRY? Well if the world's greatest superhero likes him, who am I to argue?!"

It's the most blatant manipulative shit ever. Have a Cool Guy say "Naw, this B or C-lister? He's even cooler than I am!" Like that time Ra's al Ghul wouldn't stop sucking Tim Drake's barely legal dick.

Barry Allen was the Flash before my time, I have no strong feelings about him one way or the other, but my dislike of that kind of trick makes me wanna dislike him by association, so it backfired.

Flash has been a Top 10 DC book forever. Barry used to carry weaker titles you MotherFucker you. Yeah maybe Wally can't, and so sales fluctuated and DC had to step in and fix shit. But Barry can. He's a hero. It's why they went with him for the T.V. show and movies.

We have a lot of Jealous Haps in this thread. Fucking Wally fans who that dude was basically their first comic so they only know him as the flash.

Look, Kyle Raynor finally got run too because he tried to replace a legend. It's ok to be upset about it.

Wallyfags are such cancer.

This is copypasta. I've seen this thread before.

I will never get used to that time period when Ra's was white. It looks so off.

It's not a copypasta, there's just one user that's so autistic that he can't stand anyone not liking his favorite character so he keeps posting the same thing.

>Barry allen is the kind of man that I would've hoped to become if my parents hadn't been murdered."
Did Johns write this?

Prove it.

People don't hate old Barry Allen, they hate that he came back and that DC ruined his character.
He should have stayed dead and a hero, now he is a loner fuck up that is hurting the comic.

>I only started reading comics after the show, I sure do hate all of those people who read the comic before I started, they are such cancer!

>Jealous
No, people are upset that The Flash has been shit for over 10 years now and that retarded children like you defend it.

I thought you meant Justice League at first and was really confused

One man's autism is exactly what copypasta is, my friend.

>STOP COMPLAINING YOU ARE SO ENTITLED
This is your average CW watcher.

Barry is pretty cool, I liked him in the comics as a "godlike character who gets in trouble within his day-to-day life" aspect, even moreso than Superman. And he was pretty good in Justice League, too.

But on the other hand, it'd be nice to have some legacy characters pick up the mantle for good, and Wally's one of the best ones for the job.

I've seen this pasta.

youtube.com/watch?v=Y-4cl1ZkZs4
This pretty much summarizes it.

I don't know much about the flash, but I do like all the iterations. Why do people argue of it?

As long as they know Thawne is the best flash villain.

Thawne is boring as shit, Zolomon was a thousand times the villain he is.

Every fucking flash exist. Except shitpluse and shit inertia. The legacy thing only came up during waids run. If cioe never existed only barry and jay would be flash.

Fuck them faggots.

Fuck your superboy, fuck your young xmen you pedofaggot ass faggot faggot.

>Every flash exists
And only one gets attention.
>If it wasn't for COIE
By that shitty logic if it wasn't for JSA ending Jay would be the Flash.
The Flash is Legacy. DC and Barry ruined The Flash.

>Barry pretty much invented Legacy characters
>N-NO IT WAS JUST WAIDS RUN
Faggot.
The flash has been in stand still since Barry returned. Instead of the series going forward it just repeats the same shit over and over and over.
NuBarry is a shit character
NuFlash is a shit comic
Nu52 was shit as well
Thanks Barry. Thanks CW casuals that eat this mediocre shit up and defend it.

Also The Flash Family existed long before Wally's run you double nigger.

I guess bringing him back after his heroic sacrifice kinda undermines his heroism, while also taking attention away from newer iterations of the Flash.

3 triggered Wally fags. Fuck your Shitpulse and shitty young justuce faggots.

I read waids run, it's quite fucking rushed with shit villians galore.

>3 different reasons explaining why Flash isn't as good with Barry being the only flash
>W-Wally!
The modern comics are shit you DC intern.

Not an argument.

>Shit villains
That's funny since modern Prof Zoom comes from it and so do many of the shit Flash Rebirth ripps off.
Either way that has nothing to do with the main point that you are deflecting.

>user posts an obscure YouTube I like
Good taste youtube.com/watch?v=x0bk7zjqi8c

>That one Barryfag with literal Autism makes another thread

>I would take him over Shazam or Superman in morality.
fact

It's a sad day when honesty, chivalry, and manners go unappreciated. I'll take Clark, Hal and Barry any day over edge like Bruce

3 fucking casual samefags into their Waifu doesn't surprise me. Even Wolfman thought Wally was boring in titans.

Zoom was already doing bigger shit until Hunter came along, Wally's only fucking notable villians is using Barry's and Barry villian clones. No body cares about speedfreak or the crappy commies he fought.

Even Jay had his own god dammned villians.

Even fucking Mike Barons run write Wally with more depth.

Fuck Waid the mentally ill baby who had shut in rages at convos.

I can't wait when they reveal Wally is really Hunter to fuck with you.

Barry came before Wally?

Respect your elders, whelp.

Still not an argument. Also, you don't seem to understand what a samefag is, which doesn't surprise me one bit.

>Samefag
Nope
>Casual
Nope, we aren't the ones defending New 52 Flash
>Retarded rant about Wally that is both uneducated and doesn't pertain to the conversation

I do. His name is Jay.

That's ironic since modern Professor Zoom is a rip off of Hunter Zolomon
You clearly just started reading comics since the CW show.

Can you stop posting this? It doesn't matter how many people you think hate him, there will be a greater number who love him because he is now the mainstream Flash. There are probably more people who hate Batman and Superman.

Read the thread, he is mad people here don't like him as much any more. It's truly autism

>posts a picture of Wally

KeK mad Barry drone makes another thread

Wally>Old jay>Original Barry>Bart>Original Jay>Current Barry

Isn't he trying to bang Jess now?

>If you don't like someone as boring as Barry you must be edgy!
Way to go to extremes out the gate, Barry is just a boring nothing with little to no personality. Even Clark has his patience tested and Hal gets cocky, but Barry? Just... there most of the time.

>Hal gets cocky
Modern Hal is all cocky. Which is an improvement from sad sack or boring foil to Ollie

That is old Barry. New Barry isn't like that

You make the exact same thread/post every few weeks and you call anyone else triggered.
Are you the writer of the current Flash run or a DC executive? Is that why you are so mad?

Nah, Williamson actually likes Wally. DC just forbids him from appearing in the main Flash title.

Do you think Wally is edgy? Because he really isn't. He's just way more interesting.

Wally was on the book as long as Barry and when they cancelled it he was still selling well. Wally never failed, DC just decided to move on because he made other heroes look old.

No it didn't, what? Max, Bart and the Quicks weren't part of the Flash family before Wally's run. The only "Flash family" was Jay, Barry and Wally, but that's not a flash family, just legacy.

Nobody cared about The Rogues until Wally's run either you dipshit. That's the point. Wally wasn't just the better character, every character around him got better. Jay got better, The Rogues got better, even IRIS, Barry's primary supporting character, was a hundred times more interesting and developed as a third tier supporting character for Wally.

What Barry brings to the table is the shallowest stuff imaginable. He's got all the depth of a petri dish.

this is not about Tim Drake

There's a glitch in the system somewhere. They did a full fledged investigation but can't figure it out.

The fact that you didn't mention Dick makes me appreciate you, user (I also agree with you).

Honestly, Dick isn't as nice as some people think he is and actually second to Damian when to come to the most jerk robin list.

Why can't Barry and Wally both be the Flash at the same time?

It's the easiest solution and makes sense.

Don't be snide, clyde. Wally made the franchise movin and groovin again when he became the Flash, and ever since Barry came back he's been static, man. Wally did way more for the comics in five years than Barry's done in the almost ten years he's been back. The Flash should be about moving forward, my dude. But DC's 'tude is that Barry should be The Flash for all eternity... And that he should be running through the same stories and experiences that Wally did, because Barry doesn't have as much to call his own and they don't wanna make new ones. He's in a little hamster ball, man, and Wally was running open free because he didn't have the same editorial enforcement. You see?

Don't forget that Jay wasn't a part of the main DCU until Wally's run started, too. I mean, it's purely incidental that he is as he was brought in by Crisis, not Mike Baron or Waid. But they started feeling like a family with Wally.

You never saw Wally being this selfish and anti-heroic

Wait, Batman is in his bat cave, so why is he working on his utility belt in full costume, cowl and all? I would think that would get in his way or at least be a little cumbersome

Why do Wallyfags/Barryfags need to fight?

Both are fucking great in their own way.

>Bruce ever taking off the cowl unless he needs to appear as Bruce Wayne

The writer is a retard that doesn't know shit about batman

He has stated several times before he's more comfortable wearing the cowl.

Yeah, he's psychotic.

Was Wally doing bad before Infinite Crisis? I always thought that was what screwed up his run when they shipped and his family off to another dimension for some reason aged Bart up. Geez I forgot how off-putting that fastest man alive comic was. It was tough for me to get into the Acuna run too when they brought Wally back.

The Return of Barry Allen TPB was my first step into DC Comics as a little kid so Wally will always be my guy and I'll always think of barry as the kind of Uncle Ben figure he was trying to live up to. I love wholesome Silver Age Barry and they've had to change too much about him to make him work now, in my opinion.

Once a week isn't too bad for a girl with long hair.

>DC just decided to move on because he made other heroes look old
Say it like it is. Geoff Johns wanted his Flash back because he has a bad case of the Alex Ross.

Geoff likes Wally a lot. He's the last one to do anything with him with DC Universe Rebirth.

I think he also wanted Barry back and thought it could work, but I'm pretty sure bringing Barry back is a mandate from higher than Johns.

Because Wally's The Flash in name only. You could call him Kid Flash and his position would still be the same -- some bit idiot in a shitty team book.

The reason that's the case is because Barry came back. Everything bad for Wally can be tracked to Barry's return.

Barry's pretty mediocre in his own way. The problem is they so heavily favor Barry that they intentionally and actively sabotage and suppress Wally so that Barry can have more spotlight.

This is the company that created black Wally. They couldn't give a shit about Wally -- the only thing they care about Wally is that he's Barry's sidekick, which is why NuWally is more prominent. That's the version of Wally they prefer. A token black sidekick who no one would like more than Barry.

Barry was a legacy hero the moment he was born at least.

It's amazing how much DC fucking hates Wally. Every writer is forbidden to use Wally because he might outshine Barry by actually being interesting.

DC execs only want one flash to promote

If Wally was removed from the Titans what is stopping him from being another Flash?

People criticize Marvel for having multiple heroes share the same name but I think that they have the right idea. The heroes share the same name but face different threats in their own stories and sometimes crossover.

Wally should have his own book and still show up in Titans.

I don't think Black Wally is more prominent. He was always a side character. The only difference is that he's been getting character development recently.

People hated him when he was first introduced and said that he needed development. Now that Wally 2 is getting some development people are acting like he's preventing original Wally from getting a push.

Honestly, I feel like if writers came up with a new direction for OG Wally some fans would still complain.

well thats just silly

>I only started reading comics after the show, I sure do hate all of those people who read the comic before I started, they are such cancer!
So... Wallyfag it is.

>Barry was pretty good in Justice League, too.

Just read through Rebirth to see the huge boner Barry gives Geoff. He's very much to blame.

It was never a problem with Wally and Jay but I guess we can't have two red Flashes running around

Just more of a Wally West guy. Always have been.

I honestly can't tell the difference Barry and Wally.

Yes you can, you have 6 GLC on fucking earth

Wally's the good one.

But they got to read the flash when it was good.

If you read a Flash story and it was good then you know it was Wally

Thats just flat out not true
Alan is god knows where
John is in charge of the Green Lanterns and is in space
Guy is his loose space cop lieutenant in SPACE
Hal is doing ring shit in space
Kyle is also in space
Baz and Jess are on earth and share a lantern

Reminder that two of those are OCs from the same guy that got rid of wally and Jay.

Barry is shit and his fans are worse

>that got rid of wally and Jay.
Wew lad

Both Barry and Wally suffer without the other. Barry needs Wally to add the element of teacher and confidant, while Wally needs Barry to be his motivator and legacy. They both benefit from the other.

This is simply not true. Wally did fine without Barry for decades.

Barry did fine without Kid Flash around too before dying.

Someone cleaning his own mess doesn't make him innocent, if you tell a boy to shit on the carpet and he does it he still did it.

Not if I go back in time to stop it from happening!