m.imgur.com/r/stevenuniverse/RjCAJ
m.imgur.com/a/RjCAJ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Ruby for hitting that _____!

What did Sugar mean by this?

i loled, I need to pick up that book

>High class trophy wife

I like it

I dropped the show before badass blacksmith got introduced.

Were they recurring?

I'd been wondering what Bismuth's opinion on Sapphire was.

You already posted this

Nope. Was in a two episode special then got bubbled and hasn't been back since.

She was voiced by a pseudo-celebrity they couldn't afford more than once, so she was very clumsily and controversially written out of the show after her debut episode.

>outrageous non-PC construction worker

So she'd sexually harrass Pearl and Sapphire all day while working...?

It's really best just to watch her introduction before finding the answer to that.

Ah okay, did they go rogue or something?

Yeah, they (Bismuth) disagreed with Steven about how to fight Homeworld gems so they got in a scuffle and she ended up getting shanked then bubbled. Shame because she was cool and would have really flipped up the dynamic but what said. This show is fucking terrible when it comes to expensive celebrity voice actors.

>revolutionary radical extremist gem

Didn't this trigger tumblr?

>Not P.C.
LADS, she is LITERALLY /ourgem/!

Why would it? Nothing Islam does is wrong.

It triggered Tumblr that she was the bad guy in the episode

Pearls confirmed trophy wives

>Bismuth
>Some shitty nonmetal people go crazy for cause it looks pretty from pictures on the internet
>Bismuth never looks as good in nature as it does on the internet, in fact it looks like shit in nature
>completely useless
>can poison people
I know almost nothing about this show except everyone's named after rocks. But fuck why did they pick the worst rock to name after a character?

Well she was portrayed a bad guy in her episode so...

Seriously, this shit is gaudy as fuck.

So that explains no sugilite

Racist niggers are the worst kinds of niggers

The episode came out right at the height of BLM and some parallels were drawn up.

No, she's not. She's "not PC" in the way a black person is allowed to call white people crackas and fellow black people niggas and get away with it, not the way that a white person tries to do the same thing despite knowing they can't.

I think it's cute sugar draws character sheets. She knows no one will follow it but still tries.

All gems' gems are presented as cut and polished. They even identify one another according to facet and cut numbers instead of names.

They even had a fourth wall breaking joke about Sugilite.

It is impossible for nature to be gaudy.

It is when it looks this garish and fake.

>nature makes perfectly straight lines
since when?

Not really a character sheet, more like concept art.

looks like a colorful computer chip or something. Is this the natural form of Bismuth?

Impossible. Nature is always in good taste.

Goron + Ninja Turtle

Hey, Bismuth isn't a gem, it's just a base element!

SUGAR'S A HACK

Have you never seen a crystal?

>pick the worst rock to name after the worst character
Makes sense

Are voice actors really that expensive?
Can't they hire literal who's straight from the actor's collage?

Pearls aren't really gemstones either.

They could. But Sugar sometimes goes out of her way to pick famous celebrities.

As far as I know, all the fusions had a singer as the VA, correct?

Not sure. I think Smokey Quartz is voiced by a comedienne.

Except Fluorite and Rhodonite.

Diamonds are also base elements dumbo

Crystallized, yes. Check out some other minerals, like fluorite or pyrite. They all come in awesome geometrical shapes because of pressure, temperature and other factors affect their formation in rock layers.

Has anyone scanned the entire book, yet?

>Bismuth is not P.C.
>Respect for Ruby for hitting that.

Damn, now I want more Bismuth.

>Didn't this trigger tumblr?

>Construction worker turned revolutionary radical extremist Crystal Gem
Crystal Gems confirmed Dirty Commies.
Gemseph McCarthy when?

How many minutes later you die after touching this thing?

I sure hope that comment is a joke

having hope was your only crime.

Raw Bismuth is more messy

They also come in smooth eggs which look like this inside

The real question is.

Was Bismuth right?

No. Her weapon was a joke, and Earth got nuked over a single shattering.

>she was the most peaceful gem in the goddamn show
>she just wanted to kill a couple of dictators
>w h o w o u l d n ' t d o t h a t ?

So sounds like fusion is confirmed to be a sexual for experience.
Unless the gems find other ways to fuck.

So that means Amethyst at her lowest and most desperate point decided to fuck her 12 year old room mate. And that abomination was the result.

Nope. Melee weapons suck against sound ones.

Fusion is just meant to symbolize relationships.
For Ruby and Sapphire it's eternally fucking between lovers.
For Steven and Amethyst it's broing it up to fuck up Jasper's shit.

You make it sound like the writing was dictated by the cost of the VA rather than them splurging on voice talent for a character who was always planned to be short lived.

She was just a builder-turned-soldier that had become broken from the horrors of war

Her weapon was stupid, it had no place on the battlefield and only works as a tool of execution for an already restrained gem

If Rose listned to her they would have effectively got stomped.
It was a fucking stupid weapon. Its like what if the Roman empire went up against a high tech alien world

No. Every single CG was a defector and he wanted to kill homeworlders instead of letting them defect.

Even if her weapon did function well and wasn't completely outclassed by high tech Homeworld weaponry, she'd STILL be wrong because it takes less effort to just poof a gem and then bubble them than it does to shatter them. It makes far more sense to keep casualties at an absolute minimum until the Diamonds can be deposed, then to reintegrate gems gradually back into the Post-Diamond society that develops afterwards.

She would have been right if her weapon wasn't shit.

>Outrageous! Not P.C

But surely the smartest thing to do is give loyalist gems a legitimate reason to be terrified of the rebels and want nothing to do with them while also prematurely executing any potential recruits.

I see nothing wrong with this plan and neither does tumblr.

What could she have really made in her cave, with scraps of minerals?

Unless she somehow managed to create a homeworld-destroying nuke and her plan was to personally allahu akbar the entire core of the Diamond seat of power while they were there, which at least would have worked even with the cost in collateral damage.

Her plan to somehow break through all the armies of the regime and 1vs1 each of the Diamonds ala Dark Souls? Not so much.

Ah, yes, the George W. Bush of tumblr comments.

>Ah, yes, the George W. Bush of tumblr comments.
What's that supposed to mean?

Bush just wanted to kill Saddam Hussain. He did nothing wrong.

Killing your only source of new recruits is full retard.

No, she still would have been wrong because gems do not function like humans do. Humans, in a time of war, do not often have the luxury of using nonlethal force. Gems do, because it is arguably far easier to poof a gem than it is to shatter one, and Rose's objective was always the FREEDOM of the greatest number of possible gems to decide their own fates out from under the tyranny of the Diamonds, not simply winning the war by any means necessary.

>Not P.C.
so thats why they killed her off the show

Only about shattering the Diamonds. Homeworld is an absolute embarrassment, and the thing holding back is the absolute hierarchy of the Diamonds choke holding any kind of progress or change in their society. Turns out having a caste system with four immensely powerful being at its apex as prone to the exact same neuroses and emotional instability as your lowliest worker drones is a really fucking bad idea. Especially when said incompetent neurotic giant bitches can easily destroy any dissenters who object to their poor leadership.

Blue Diamond spent 5000 years being a fucking crybaby rather than getting on with her fucking job, and nobody could tell her to do otherwise. How could they, she's a diamond.

Is 5000 years that long when you are one of the immortal god giants leading a race of immortal peons?

On the battlefield? No.
For ceremonial execution of captured Diamonds? Yes.

bismuth always brings out the worst in the fandom

I like her but she really does, a shame she can't be brought up without the thread turning into retarded tumblr and/or Sup Forums posting about her

George W. Bush is the origin of the "Islam is a religion of peace" meme.

It's height charts that are what's needed.

its better to think relative to how long she has been alive, not how long she will live

it doesn't matter if you will live a billion years, if you have only lived 5 so far than 5000 years seems like a very long time

why so they can be ignored?

they don't have height charts but they do have relative heights, in reference to one another, as an example Pearl is taller than Lapis, however in some shots we see even this basic guideline is ignored and Lapis appears taller than Pearl

That's his point
Years fly by like seconds for Diamonds. Their perception is absolutely warped compared to their subjects.
I'd bet on Pink Diamond was the youngest of them, and even then was probably some 100 thousand years old

No user, their subjects are equally immortal.
Gems live forever barring violent trauma to their cores, they are space elfdar.

She did everything wrong, at the worst possible time, in the worst possible way.

Did you forget Pearl casually talking about humans being hunter gathers during a power-outage as if it was something that happened a couple of years ago?

Are they though?
new gems are constantly being produced and their castes being upgraded, very likely meaning old gems get busted
Diamonds though? Perfect by all accounts.
I doubt there's very many, if any at all, lower class gems that are as old as the diamonds.

you realize there are hunter gatherers around to this day right?

hell they still existed in the continental US in large numbers over 150 years ago, before electric power was wide spread

its not like she was confusing today and 5000 years ago

It triggered me because Bismuth was in the right

The gems have an interstellar empire, they spread like a virus by consuming worlds of their nutrients into husks then sending the new gems out to repeat the process on new worlds.

Plus they seem to create gems just for the sake of creating them rather than having any need to, either in terms of their 'biology' or outside forces.

Since this thread is about concept art. A map of SU's "Earth" was posted here to give us some idea of where certain locations are

Notable things:

Mexico is Aqua Mexico
Australia and New Australia
RUSSIAN SEA
South America = Pangea

m.imgur.com/r/stevenuniverse/RjCAJ

Yes it is, that's how evolution works

Well I fucked that link up.
Here's the actual link to the album lol
Found in the Steven universe subreddit

m.imgur.com/a/RjCAJ

The way the quote was phrased, she pretty much was.

The "Era 2" gems as they are classified were only created due to the events of the rebellion, and they have powers they just aren't told they have them seen with Peridot.

wait the Galaxy Warp is in the middle of that sea in Siberia?

didn't Steven and Lapis fly there? Like not even on purpose they just happened by it

>Russia has been DIAMONED
truly a better world