What's Sup Forums think of Mr Pickles?

What's Sup Forums think of Mr Pickles?

Edgy comedy gold or generic adult swim edgy bullshit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yVLthOZugRE
emily-youcis.newgrounds.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's pretty bad, but mostly because it's just violence for no reason. Metalocalypse's violence worked because it was usually to show how out of touch and uncaring the band was or for comedy purposes or to give some weight to some of the more plot-drive moments. I feel like Mr Pickles does gore because why not?

I won't lie, though. That one gag where the mom is stirring the batter and talking to the sheriff? I've jerked it to that multiple times. The show could use some more 34 of the mom.

why do edgy shows like this and superjail love using just amateurish lineart? there's no width variation at all in any of the curves, which would compensate for the lack of shading

it's cheap

The mom is so ugly though.

But that's part of why I like her. That big boob + butterface combo...

But yeah, show sucks otherwise.

Its actually bad
Its not TTG filler shit, the people who made it probably thought they were making something good
Its supposed to be a comedy but its not funny

it just seems legitimately awful every time ive seen it come on. Longest I made it was a couple minutes before turning it off.

Violence and edgy shit can have a place and be funny, but there really didn't seem to be any tact or thought put into it whatsoever.

Metalocalypse was obsessed with being metal along with showing how ridiculously oblivious the band was

Super jail had surrealist imagery of the kind a 9th grader would doodle on his desk in math class.

Heck even South Park would usually only do super gory bits as a means to make a situation more ridiculous.

With this show though it really feels like every scene is just some variation of "hey, you know what would be really awful? If Mr. Pickles fucked a bunch of orphans and then wore their stomachs as condoms."

Also the art is absolute shit. I'm sure one could say it's intentional but just because you did it on purpose doesn't mean its a good idea.

better than apollo gauntlet

you can get software that varies the line width for you while you draw, with zero additional effort needed on your part.

I haven't seen but just by looking at the pic: it's bad

you are a cuck

It's trashy, it's crass, it's edgy, it's....kind of enjoyable, really. I prefer it when it moves so fast there's a bazillion plot elements that progress in the background and get resolved later on and you're left feeling 'well that was some shit' at the end. Also the eps where we've ventured into Mr Pickles's underground world are gold. A third season might go places based on how season 2 ended, when/if it happens.

triggers me how a dog with no thumb holds that shit.

Seems edgy just for the sake of being edgy unlike shows like superjail

The pilot was abysmal and the concept is eye-roll-worthy, so I don't plan on giving it any more of my time.

It's just a basic butch show. 'Mr Pickles'? How long did they take to think up that fucking knee slapper of a name. It's like they don't even have a writing staff with this show.

It's pretty terrible, but I do kinda wanna see Mr Pickles fuck the mom.

Basic bitch*

youtube.com/watch?v=yVLthOZugRE

Filthy heresy

okay that was a little funny in a middle-school kind of way but the art style is still atrocious.

well actually they call him mr pickles because he looooooves pickles!

I love it.

But I'm a sucker for subliminal messages and occult shit and this show has all that in spades.

It cheaper to produce and makes the over the top gore feel more cartoony and juvenile.

Both desirable things in this case, because it's a niche audience (cheaper is better) and because if it begins to lose that sense of "whimsy" in the art style, then it gets way more disturbing and a lot of the comedic value of the superviolence is lost.

If he's a good boy, he gets a pickle, but if he's a bad boy

thischeap weak and non-sense shit

Just an attempt at capturing the magic of early superjail and Metalocalypse that falls so far short I can't imagine anyone over the age of 16 enjoys it.

I mean fuck's sake just look at that art. It reminds me of really bad r34 from the mid 2000's

I admit I jerked off to Mr. Pickles fucking the donkey and Bigfoot fucking the deer.

piece of shit that took superjail fron us

Wasn't there some newgrounds bitch claiming they stole the idea from her shitty shorts about evil dogs also named pickles?

they down right copy alfred alfred for a quick buck
Not cool man
Not cool

Yes, Emily Youcis.
emily-youcis.newgrounds.com

she used to go here back in the day or i'm i wrong about that?

Being ironically bad doesn't it excuse it for being badly animated, boring and uninteresting

Mr prickles in comparison looks like their was some attempt at something.

what the fuck i thought i was the only one

I love it simply because it doesn't take itself seriously in the slightest. It can still be clever at times, what with all the plot points resolving themselves at the end of an episode, and the running gags in a single episode,

The camping episode in particular was very funny, in my opinion.

Watched the first episode out of curiosity after seeying this thread...
It did feel like Metalocalypse, except not funny.

Yep, but in her own words she was permabanned for spam.

>She's now an alt-right nutcase currently working on an Alfred movie

Why does gore in these looks so badly made and forced?

tfw the same thing happen to me as well (in my luck it was just a 5 day ban) i guess girls in general are horrendous spammers

shit , fucking shit.
as is kos because of this show I gave up on humanity.
give us deathklock .
I will never watch tv.
its all over trash like this is killing us all.
as directors please go die.

Page 8
Bump

Maybe it is

Like when that fat retard cut in half a whole orchestra and the band gave him a talk. That shit was funny.

What I've come to realize is that this show is basically an M rated Phineas and Ferb. Mr. Pickles is always trying to be busted by Grandpa, only for everything to magically resolve itself before he can show everyone the truth. Tommy is like the Mom who always comes in to see what Mr. Pickles has done, only to find something good and nice. Then they have a wacky slew of side characters that, in the more recent season, get their own episodes.

Then there's the fact that most of the show's plots revolves around very specific humor, based on the context of the episode itself. And the fact that the episodes always wrap up with the A and B plots coming together for some ridiculous resolution.

These are just a few similarities I've noticed. Other than that, Mr. Pickles has some moments of pure brilliance.
>the episode with the superhero who was stealing metal to pay for his addiction to sour candy
>he ruins the train tracks with a robot suit
>Tommy uses his own to fix it as the train approaches
>the train flies off the track, flipping in the air and landing directly on top of a train coming from the opposite direction
It's hit or miss, mostly. And the violence is definitely gratuitous for the most part.

This is edgy

>What's Sup Forums think of Mr Pickles?

Mom has a glorious rack.

I mean, just, wow.

I feel like that's why Season 2 has a bit more going to it.
Mr. Pickles has a slightly harder time of the whole thing, and that makes it a bit more interesting.
There are suddenly multiple episodes where all he really can do is just wait around for the plot to resolve.

It's hideous and poorly animated garbage

>i guess girls in general are horrendous spammers
yeah

Superjail uses basic lineart because it's so lavishly smooth and well animated. Mr Pickles uses basic lineart and still manages to have the worst animation of just about any show on tv.

Not like there's really any "comedic value" to be lost.

edgy show with some good jokes scattered throughout. The edginess of the edginess wears off after a while
I wouldn't go out of my to watch it, but i wouldn't change the channel if it came on