Monday Carol Thread

Has she been drinking with skeletons?

Best Carol.

Why can't we have big, beautiful women, marvel? WHY?

>Carol Thread
why?

D23 & SDCC hopes/predictions?

The beast must be fed

Could you post some interesting pages?

>hopes
Jess casting.

I still think it's funny a few weeks ago when the Carol thread was made and the title was "Let's get this over with". I actually want to like Carol becomes she's a cool character but Marvel's in a bad state so she probably won't be done right until the movie

Carol should be a lewd seductress. Not a flat, angry manhater

Seducing women right.

I miss sexy murdery Carol.

>Why can't we have big, beautiful women, marvel? WHY?

Because they reject the inherent flamboyance of superheroes.

How will they explain a US Airforce wearing tacky blue and red jumpsuit with gold accents and a star emblem?

her hair should be as long as starfire

>How will they explain a US Airforce wearing tacky blue and red jumpsuit with gold accents and a star emblem?

It was designed by Tony Stark

probably better than a tacky black one piece.

So how do you think the Captain Marvel movie is going to turn out? Jackson is confirmed to return as Nick Fury, maybe they'll form SWORD together. Its probably never going to happen, but I want them to touch on her alcoholism at some point

Can't wait for this movie to crash and burn.

Seconded.

i think it'd be a early for sword yet or the alcoholism.

that's highly unlikely.

>It was designed by Tony Stark

and then she gets everyone killed.
what an idiot

Because you touch yourself at night.

This is my Captain Marvel

her true super power is fucking up and being bullied, isn't

And pining for spider-woman.

the black one piece is salvageable and will make sense

the only problem is explain the S symbol

>the only problem is explain the S symbol
It was explained in the comics, it was from her unit emblem (412th Test Wing).
She's not going to be a test pilot in the MCU though so she'll just use the Hala star. good

ehh. looks a bit bland to me.

Have her go sleeveless. The swimsuit broke up the colors with bare skin, you can't really do that with a full bodysuit so your next best solution is to change the color balance.

Her wearing the Hala star is stupid in the comics. It's a Kree religious/government symbol; it'd be like an alien superhero showing up with the Vatican coat of arms on their chest because she used to date a member of the Swiss Guard.

Costume reveal.

If her genes were spliced with a Cardinal.

>it'd be like an alien superhero showing up with the Vatican coat of arms on their chest because she used to date a member of the Swiss Guard.

I'd give it a read.

Cute supermoms never ever.

Will she make it to the MCU?

that probably a thing in some form or another.

I don't know why people act like this design is somehow better than her current one, both are complete shit.

>domino mask
>useless waist scarf
>useless gloves
>black and yellow color scheme
>boring as fuck hair

Carol a shit.

dear lord i would not stop fapping

They are thinking with their dicks.

But she's not even that great compared to the myriad of better designed female superheros.

didn't marvel try and get carol and peter parker a couple at one point?

I was just answering regarding some fans preferring Carol's old costume over her current one.

Moonstone is a far better character (when written well), but her costumes are mostly shit.

They went on a date. Not sure where it went after that, but it didn't last.

The real Carol will never come back. The best we can hope for at this point is that the mockery they created with nuCarol is shuffled to the sidelines and doesn't receive constant pushing

Has she been drinking RUM?

I've given up on Marvel ever being as good as when Claremont was in his prime.

should they have gone with Major Marvel rather than Captain Marvel? stan did always like his alliteration, may he rest in peace

Stans not dead

he's sleeping. let him rest. he has a big day tomorrow

I want someone to fuck Carol so much she becomes bloated and dazed with seed and decides to give up all this stupid Captain Marvel bullshit and go back to being the Marvel Universe's top fapbait.

If Carol loved Mar-Vell so much, why wasn't she at his side while he was dying?

Nobody told her.

That was a shitty thing for Starlin to do, wasn't it?

Starlin disliked Ms Marvel.

Oh he didn't dislike Carol. She was pretty much Mar-Vell's first supporting cast member and served as his Lois Lane for quite a few early stories, But Starlin was not asked when the decision was made to turn Carol into Ms Marvel. Ms Marvel was part of an editorial idea, anyway. It wasn't a writer's concept. Marvel editorial in the 70s realized they had no female lead books really and put a big initiative into play to introduce new or revamped female titles. Some of the titles in that push were the Cat (the woman who would become Tigra), Shanna the She-Devil, Night Nurse and Ms Marvel. So they cooked up a plot that the psyche-magnetron had given Carol not only the powers but the mind of a Kree warrior, which caused her to have blackouts where she turned into a superhero.

Starlin wasn't happy.

He refused to feature Ms marvel in anything because he thought the idea was ridiculous, which is why she was omitted from Death of Captain Marvel. Even much later, Starlin made sure to specifically kill off Binary (Carol's then-alias) off-screen in Infinity Gauntlet. He was still resentful.

>Carol has been pushed by editorial literally since the day she became a superhero

Yes. She was even originally created to be a feminist superhero. yes, in that costume. Keep in mind that 70s feminism was very big on body positivity, and dressing skimpy was seen as empowerment. Same reason Wendy Pini used to cosplay as Red Sonja at every convention and get cheered on by men AND women.

Also at least Carol's 70's series was moderately successful. Pretty much every other female lead series they tried during that period crashed and burned. Some got as few as 2 or 3 issues. The only one that beat Carol was Spider-Woman.

And the reason of course is that Claremont took over and made the title good.

>yes, in that costume.
The bathing suite makes a lot more sense when you consider that this is what came before it.

The original CarolJess shipper.

The reason they swapped to the black suit with the thunderbolt was that they thought the red and black one was too slutty. Cockrum designed the black suit as he was pretty much Marvel's biggest name at that time, being the guy who designed the All-New X-Men. And he always did a great job, there's a reason his costumes tend to be used even today, or are the basis for modern costumes. The dude understood color balance and design.

Claremont ships everyone, though. It's not just Carol/Jess, it's Carol/Storm and Carol/Kitty and Carol/thewholedamnMU

Any hopes for the movie? Maybe all the men die and Carol/Jess become lovers.

Captain Marvel 2019. Keeping the hope alive.

SOON!

Just do it Marvel.

Sure.