DARK DAYS: THE CASTING Lettered Preview

>Big events in superhero comics can often be a slog, but the upcoming Dark Nights: Metal has the potential to be something great. Reuniting the Batman creative team of Scott Snyder, Greg Capullo, Jonathan Glapion, and FCO Plascencia, Metal is a multiversal superhero epic, and some of the best issues of their Batman run embraced the genre’s inherent sense of bombast to deliver compelling blockbuster action. DC is building up to the event with two Dark Days one-shots introducing the Dark Multiverse, The Forge and The Casting, featuring an all-star creative team embracing the wide scope of DC mythology to create a strong foundation for the upcoming miniseries.

>Written by Snyder and James Tynion IV with art by Andy Kubert, Jim Lee, John Romita Jr., the Dark Days books are getting me very excited for Metal. The Forge introduced a story that includes a range of ideas including Hawkman and Hawkgirl in ancient Egypt, the return of Plastic Man, and Batman holding onto an artifact from Crisis On Infinite Earths. This exclusive preview of this week’s Dark Days: The Casting begins with Hawkman and Hawkgirl assembling Earth’s immortals at the start of the 20th Century. Andy Kubert drawing this part of the story is an inspired choice given his father Joe’s history of working with the characters, and Klaus Janson’s thick inks make the linework even more reminiscent of Joe’s art. Romita Jr. and inker Danny Miki did exceptional work with Snyder on All-Star Batman and their pages with Batman and Wonder Woman have a bold, dynamic energy. There’s some major muscle behind this event, and if Metal is as strong as these preludes it’s going to be a book to remember.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Ssnyder1835/status/884151731952726016
twitter.com/Ssnyder1835/status/884149209355735040
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This page is likely by Andy Kubert. Sauce: twitter.com/Ssnyder1835/status/884151731952726016

Is there a Plas recommended reading list?

>Wondy on the cover
>Bat-fag writers going anywhere near Diana
Oh great, as if we needed any more of a clear indication that this event is going to suck a fat one.

Get ready for more "GRRR ME AMAZON, ME HATE MEN, ME WARRIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!" crap.

Especially with Snyder leading this shitshow project. Yeah no, I remember that "bind of veils" shit you pulled out of your ass, Scott. Fuck you.

Snyder shared this lettered panel that is not found in the preview pages.

Sauce: twitter.com/Ssnyder1835/status/884149209355735040

END

Can I screenshot this and use it to compare it to the sales numbers that will be higher than the Nazi Cap event?

...wait one goddamn minute.
Is this page saying the upcoming Immortals title is gonna feature Etrigan, Cain, Abel, and Uncle goddamn Sam?!

Snyder getting his overwrought bland style all over the DCU is somehow worse than I thought.

>just gonna loop this flaming sword through my belt, nope, shouldn't have any problems here

Yes, we get it, you looked up the immortal characters in the DCU on a wiki. Shut up already!

Goddamn, even Johns isn't this obnoxious when he's flapping his nerd peen around.

Yes, and they're all lining up to take turns sucking Batman's cock.

He's the goddamn Batman. He's obviously fireproof

>take turns sucking Batman's cock
woah, where did that come from?

Yes, yes, yes...cry more, let the sounds of cash registers ringing and credit card swipes fuel your rage.

Oh boy another pile of shut from the geniuses at DC

Haven't the movies, TV shows, and video games lost enough money for these morons to get shut down already?

It's called Immortal Men, and no, it's not featuring any of those characters.

>Born at the dawn of time, five siblings find that with eternal life comes eternal war. As the forces of destruction march into the modern world, they operate from the shadows, recruiting the elite against the foes who seek to bring about Armageddon. They are humankind’s hope sprung eternal….they are the IMMORTAL MEN.

>implying I'm giving my money to Bat-faggotry
Pfft! Ain't giving any to Star Wars either, because fuck that oversaturated garbage.

>movies, TV shows, and video games
Sup Forumsfags need to go

Not implying. *Stating* your pretentious shit posting will not keep it from selling well.

Simmer down, Wondiecuck.

And the fact that it will sell well is a sad indictment of comic book fans as a whole. You "people" really will buy anything with the Bat-logo on it, sven when it's blatantly obvious that it will be a steaming pile of trash. Fuckin' mindless drones the lot of you.

>Romita Jr
HOW THE FUCK THIS GUY IS STILL GETTING WORK?! And on a big event? WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?!

>good artist gets work
STOP THE PRESSES

I find your jumping to conclusions and edgy behavior disturbing. Perhaps someone did not get held enough as a child? Hipster bun held too tight? Perhaps your burnt your lips on your vape? Please, share with us the lottery numbers since you are capable of seeing into the future and are not basing this book being good or not on a subjective, edge lord opinion.

Then again, you are the typical comic book fan who does not read anything and just bitches about it as if your opinion matters. Something is popular therefore it must be 'bad'. Go listen to your edgy punk metal and let the adults discuss comics kid.

Keep the hate flowing though, it is adorable.

>hal jordan can't even stop a pasty fuck with a crowbar

>wooden faces
>weird proportions
>looks like retarded kid drawned his favorite superheroes
>good
I have no idea how is this even possible to have taste that bad.

Hows mvc my fellow intern?

I appreciate the reference to the horror/vertigo version Cain & Abel

>wanting anything even vaguely resembling variety makes you a hipster
And you even embrace the fact you're all mindless drones who will buy anything you're told to because you have no personal agency in your "opinions". That's just pathetic.

>writes ""drawned""
>thinks he has any right to call others retarded

lol

His work is weird, but it's recognizable, and I kind of appreciate it for certain characters, especially Batman. Sometimes it's nice to have a change from the same generic house style crap we see in capeshit.

I don't even agree with the guy you're arguing with but stop posting the Emperor. Are you 13?

>JRJR isn't based

JRJR can phone it in, look at some of the DC Variant covers he did months ago, but when he's actually trying, he's pretty iconic.

I bet you know only your native language, americuck, so fuck off.
>recognizable
I can recognize style of Squirrel girl artist too! It must be good!

>Get ready for more "GRRR ME AMAZON, ME HATE MEN, ME WARRIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!" crap

She didn't act like that at all in these pages.

Is that the Wizard?

Wow. I can actually taste the salt from this post.

He is not trying in Dark Days already. Look at the faces.

I hope Resurrection Man pops up somewhere. The late 90s did have SOME cool characters. There doesn't seem to be any love for Gabriel Walker :(

>I can recognize style of Squirrel girl artist too! It must be good!
I think it's recognizable in a good way. I suppose it was the wrong word to use. It's stylized. It's unique, but I don't find it abhorrent. It's actually good and consistent in its own way, unlike squirrel girl which is straight up laziness and suffers from an artist who knows fuck-all about panel composition. Romita Jr. actually designs things that look good within his own style.

I'm not saying his art is the best shit ever, so stop being triggered. I'm just saying it's not nearly as bad as everyone wants to pretend it is, and it is appreciable on a certain level, as long as you can be subjective.

>it's not utter shit why mad lol
Ok. His art is too bad to draw important stories. Let him stuck with some shit like Batgirl or something.

He's such a phenomenal concept, and his New 52 book was pretty solid as well.

He might actually be one of the best cape concepts to come out of the last 30 years desu

Just wait. It'll happen. It always happens, every single time.

>Potential to be great
>Scott Snyder
Lol

I guess we'll see.

Dear lord, is that The Wizard Shazam?

1. Did Snyder retcon Hawks origin? It did't happen in Egypt?
2, Wizard Shazam has Hath-Set dagger. Did he really killed them in the first place?

Maybe it is Hath-Set

>expect
>we think
>can be

>It's selling like gangbusters
>REEEEE DC IS NOT PROFITABLE THEY SAID EXPECT, WE THINK, AND CAN BE