Well, at least I can miss the first three minutes

Well, at least I can miss the first three minutes...

youtu.be/8y_54nS7yrM

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i4tNuM9XttM
youtu.be/MjEiOV8c0FU
youtube.com/watch?v=w-ce85lm-eg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>emoticons are the elderly

Ok, that got a smile out of me. Other than that, I was a better 'Meh' than Gene.

It's upsetting how competently made this is.

Well, Emoticon are slowly replaced by emoji, so that's actually correct.

>first 3 minutes
>2:36

reminder we got this over genndys popeye movie

It's actually less than that. They can't even round up.

yeah only good scene

creativity is dead

What if it's good

fuck you I've waited years for the incredibles sequel

it's going to be ___meh_____

Not dead, just unprofitable. Execs are incredibly risk adverse and hate the idea of betting money on something that they can't calculate as a previously proven success. This sort of shit has been a thing for decades, it's not new.

This looks pretty good, I don't why there's so much hate

Ralph Breaks the Internet will be the Emoji Movie done right

I can see it being inoffensively average at its best, but even that won't stop the concept from sounding like some sort of parody of a generic kids movie.

Ralph was already bound for a sequel because of the original's fucking ending theme.

And people have wanted Incredibles 2 since the first one came out.

So it's basically Wreck it Ralph with emojis.

I think I'm gonna be sick!

>Hey! Kunnichiwa!

DROPPED

but why do they ALWAYS have to be their mood, even when they aren't being used?

the central plot to this movie doesn't make sense

It even has waifu bait

What the fuck are you talking about, this is completely retarded

>They're supposed to maintain one emotion all the time

Fucking why, they only need to do that when the user uses them, just make a face for 3 seconds so they can get scanned and sent, there's no fucking need to always be with the same emotion in the city

It'd be like if an actor was always in-character, even if they weren't recording and he was buying groceries or some shit

The concept itself doesn't work.

It'd be like having a movie where the limbs of a body came to life while the body is asleep and having conservations and adventures during that that time.

This just reminds me why I hate everything

decade even.

and that's the problem, it might be too late.

Maybe the movie's message is that method acting is retarded?

this is some sort of dystopia. geesus!

Doesn't look that bad honestly.

Perhaps they do not know when they will be "scanned and sent". The movie's plot probably stems from that kid trying to send a "meh" face to someone and it ends up being something else.

That depends on the writing. Brad had mentioned wanting to do more with the Incredibles, but wanted to wait for the right story to come to mind, so I bet he was jotting done every little good idea that came to mind.

Ralph is gonna be tricky, since the first film was all about dealing with mid-life crisis. If the sequel is just a random adventure, it'll probably lack any deeper theme to it. Though as long as they don't do what the Shrek movies did where Ralph resets to his old ways, it could be fine.

youtube.com/watch?v=i4tNuM9XttM

The test animation even had the Jeep.

Good, after Season 5 I don't trust that hack anymore.

>shrek 4 was about midlife crisis too

i just dont bieleve in modern pixar anymore. i know i sound kinda jaded, but nothing looks promising.

go watch the trailer.

>it's a "this generation is always on their phone" episode
oh boy!

Well, they kind of are.

>Perhaps they do not know when they will be "scanned and sent".

But they DO know, they all get together and they even announce shit like "we are go for Meh" before scanning

We've seen that retarded emoji freak out and jump instead of just making the meh face

youtu.be/MjEiOV8c0FU

that link was supposed to be the emoji trailer

Too bad they picked the wrong time to have Shrek be in a crisis and shit on his family in the most out of character way, then undo the events of the film like it were just a tv special.

As for Pixar, they still have some decent films. Inside Out was pretty good for what it was.

But it's the truth.

>ohh, my colon!
FUCK, I hate that that made me laugh

Wreck-It-Ralph: Characters have to act a certain way when being presented to humans, but are otherwise generally free to do as they wish.

The Lego Movie: The populace has been conditioned to act a certain way by a tyrant, who in turn is being influenced by beings of a higher plane of existence.

The Emoji Move: uh..... they're oppressed because....

No fucking shit sherlock

It's only two minutes long

yes genius, that's implied in both the clip and by extention the post you responded to.

got any other nuggets of wisdom for us?

It's the truth, but it's a complaint that just sounds like a broken record by now

Gosh, this is so good. Even my sister would prefer popeye movie over some temporary fad. There are entire generations who know about Popeye and would love to see his "origin" movie.

it was apology for Shrek 3. and Inside Out was merely okay. Been with my sister and we forgot the movie as soon as we left the mall.

Everyone is "always on their phone". Sort of like how everyone drives a car or uses a modern form of transportation instead of horses. It's not a generational thing like old people try to say, it's just part of the world today.

On top of that, kids are usually glued to their phone when in a conversation with someone on their phone, or when trying to escape.

If a kid ignores you for their phone it's more likely because they would rather talk to anyone else but you or they're just trying to escape you.

>my colon
only part that got a chuckle from me

I'm a faggot

Shrek 3's plot was better though, even if it were just a lame road trip story with a hastily added fatherhood subplot.

And I think Inside Out was pretty good. Not perfect, but certainly better than Good Dinosaur and a lot of the recent Disney cg films

It doesn't even need to be an origin story. They could do just about any story they want and people would see it.

Shouldn't she be a smiley?

Only posting to call you retarded

>ball
>with limbs

it triggers me so much.

also
>textopolis

No, that's the meh's mom, who is also a meh, but the female meh. There's a different female smiley chick that's the villain.

Why did this become a cartoon?

>Had to play the gravedigger in Hamlet
>Director made me dig holes in a dirt pit while everyone else rehearsed

Can confirm, although apparently I did the role well enough so idk.

>the love interest is the only one wearing clothes

because of da ebil homo sapien

He meant a smiley as in, the elderly are emoticons, the children and young adults are emoji, so the middle aged should be smilies

These books were batshit fucking insane. I barely remember them, but I remember the graphic description of the great white butt's skin being burnt off when it die in that volcano, and the graphic description crunching noises of the kissing guy being eaten by his pet giant maggots in the second book.

Method acting is a real a thing, and I'd excuse the movie if that was the entire point of always having to be an emotion.

The visuals are good, the animation is good, some of the jokes even land. On a technical standpoint, this is as competent as something like Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs but it's not worth watching. And that's why it's upsetting.

Everything's "there" except for the fact that this is a 90 minute movie based on a nothing concept. This would've been better as like, 5 minute shorts or something.

Take all the skill that was made to pull this off and put it on an actual project, we'd have a real fucking movie worth talking about now.

>No, that's the meh's mom, who is also a meh, but the female meh. There's a different female smiley chick that's the villain.
I mean
emoticons>Smiley>Emojis

how does the dress stay on?

1. Methinks that the decently designed human characters deserve better stories than this yawn of a movie.

2. Why a whole population of different emojis that can be grouped according to similiar designs / dimensions compared to...say, a yellow circle stick man, some princess figure etc that can pull off various expressions?

This is just as weak as the societies from whatever that Detergent movie is.

>"I'm a Meh"
Since when did emojis have races now?

she's meh

>Methinks
Fucking dropped. I'm not reading that autistic shit.

I was going to give them credit for not putting little dresses on every female emoji, but it actually just makes the love interest stand out more and make less sense for her to be the only one dressed.

it's just a shirt

It's only bad if you're doing shit that can hurt yourself. But trying to get into the head of a character is hardly wrong if you want to perform them well. But yea, needing to "practice" for a role with little to no lines, much less trying to make something that anyone can do "more believable" is quite silly.

I do want to take a moment to admit, that when the movie was announced and the very first images were released, I bitched a lot about the design for "meh" being off and not a good representation of the meh face or emotion at all. And I now appreciate that at least the film sort of recognizes that and meh being off is perhaps actually intentional and a core part of the plot.

I suspect that some of the stuff that seems to be inconsistencies now will actually be explained in the movie, like .

But that doesn't excuse the fact that this is still going to be an incredibly shallow and formulaic film with a stupid, uninteresting, and forced premise.

>Not dead, just unprofitable.
Zootopia and the first WiR were pretty creative and made money. Inside Out made money. Despicable Me 1 made money. Secret Life of Pets, Sing, both of which were also original ideas, made money.

Original ideas can still make money. A lot, in fact. I know reboots and sequels are all the rage, but they aren't the ONLY rage.

I hope and the Middle Finger Emoji makes a Appearance

>triggered by a little Shakespearean word
I bid thee safe travels, then. :^)

>Secret Life of Pets, Sing,

okay. there's nothing creative about these two.

if it's a shirt then why do her arms attach directly to her ball head? Wouldn't they have to go through the sleeves of the shirt first?

You should ask the animators because idk

>The finger is always just off screen, even out of sight for the other characters
>When he walks away in full sight, others comment on it like he's being an asshole
Could be funny

I mean I wouldn't have minded if it was a one time thing, because I did learn how to more effectively dig (they had me digging up pre-buried bones on stage and through the span of the scene I needed to make sure I could dig up 2 skulls on queue), but it was kind of ridiculous to come to rehearsal only for it to be "alright graveboy you know your lines, go dig in the pit."

Wasn't that the method acting was bad, simply that it seemed excessive.

Still one of my favorite roles though desu.

don't see it. plain and simple

Just saying. It's weird how some people out there seem to hate the concept even though the idea of understanding the role on such a level is how you make the best performance, not just knowing how to say the lines without being a ham or flubbing them.

But that doesn't negate that they're still original ideas not based on a previous installment or franchise and still made money.

If the argument is "I'm tired of sequels" even if that means not having Toy Story 4 which will probably be a thousand times easier than Sing, then we need to acknowledge things that ARE original in the industry right now.

Free Birds, Nut Job, Escape from Planet Earth, Planet 51, Hotel Translyvania, Turbo.

A person's definition of "creative" varies, so you can't say that creativity is dead in Hollywood because someone might say Zootopia was creative the other will just shitpost with, "It's furry town, nothing creative about that".

A lot of the people who currently don't like what's in theaters right now are just very hard to please people who can't find something that suits their niche needs.

I guess this is what kids like nowadays

Their jobs is making faces to a camera,not being hero,villain or racers like in WIR ,not being whatever you want them to be like in Lego Movie,no,their jobs ,the entre point of their existence is making faces to a camera.

You can say it's dead, you just can't say it like it's objective fact.

You mean what hollywood thinks kids like.

>hamlet
Geez, I'd hate to imagine what all the other characters went through.

TJ miller voice doesn't fit well with his character

To be fair, some kids like this crap. Maybe not all of them, but there are those who are easily swayed by such things. Of course, that's hardly their fault when they just haven't been introduced to better things yet. I can only hope showing some of my cousin's children the Iron Giant a few months ago will give them some sense of taste.

>Alright, user, I want you to beat your father to death and then fuck your mother and make your kid brother call you dad. You want this role, right? Well?

>the first three minutes of the emoji movie expet every second sony loses a million dollars

TJ Miller's voice is fucking garbage.

>Iron Giant
That movie is lame tho, super cliche. Just show him Nemo or Toy Story

Actually not that far from the truth. Hamlet was heavily swamped memorizing so many lines but the director still had him do shit like "imagine you're so mad you're gonna rape your mom."

youtube.com/watch?v=w-ce85lm-eg

i like shit.

pixar movies all are same.

Now I know you're baiting, but Toy Story wasn't that cliché.

Take that back