>Zenescope 0.33%
>Action Lab 0.31%
>Avatar 0.30%
>Random House 0.16%
>Hachette 0.11%
>St. Martins 0.10%
>Fantagraphics 0.07%
>Other 2.56%

... So Marvel and DC are never going to have a real competitor, are they?

Probably not.

Nope. Never ever. Not in a million years. Nuh uh.

They do, and it's going to crush them both - Manga. Half the shopfloor of most of the LCS's around here are Manga materials, not comics. And that markets growing fast, lots of people are getting into it.

I think it will be good for them though. A real competitor offering proper alternatives, rather than just another cape verse, will force them to innovate and improve.

>Valiant 0.80%
Who reads nuValiant anyway? It's pretty fucking mediocre.
>Fantagraphics 0.07%
Oh for fuck sake.

Haha. Silly weeb. A gnome is nothing for a giant.

Its too bad manga and mangafags are just as cancerous as capeshit.

Nah manga fans are worse. The writers/artists in manga work like slaves to get out an issue a week for years only to have their fan base turn on them when their favorite girl doesn't get the guy.

Manga sales were pitifully low last time I checked, maybe that's changed the last couple years though.

None of the comics shops out here even have manga.

Seriously why are you even in the business if you can't even make up 1 percent of market share? You're a bottom feeder, hoping whales will pick up your shitty comic after getting spider-man and batman.

Manga is aimed soley at the Japanese market, any foreign sales are just a bonus. They aren't any more a competitor to Comics than Bollywood is to Hollywood films.

Well some companies publish very little. For instance now Providence is done Uber is all Avatar is publishing monthl.

Wasn't there a time when Kirkman said that Image would be replacing DC as the #2 in the "Big Two" in the near future?

So literally a competitor?

Fuck they are mate when they sale on the same place and suffices the same needs of entertainment.

In their native country sure, but outside that they dont care enough to try because the focus is on selling at home.

Not even Imagefags care about Image.

That doesn't matter user. I'm sure hollywood doesn't give a fuck about their SouthAfrica sales, but you wouldn't say that the South Africa movies don't compete with US movies.
Japanese don't give that many fucks, yet they are competing, or at least their american distributor partners

>but you wouldn't say that the South Africa movies don't compete with US movies.
What? I can't even name a single South African movie.

Same thing about Marvel and DC to be honest. Outside of the US they don't exist in comic form. Hell they almost don't exist even in the US in comic form. For a population of 300 million, thier biggest comics barely even sell 150k issues, thats almost nothing.

>Viz 0.39%

Dark Horse publishes a few translations too but yeah between the two of them they can't even crack 4 %.

It isn't like most people go into comics for the money.

>Overly literal, self-obsessed American

Wow this is completely new and I've never seen this before

I'm just going by the numbers. If we're talking about market share then there isn't much competition here. If you want to talk about the global stage then post some stats.

The anime/manga specialty shop in my town had to become a LCS and sell western comics to stay open because no one buys manga anymore. They did very well in the late-90s through mid-00s, but then their manga sales tanked as everyone and their mother started just reading all their manga online. At least with cape comics, people still buy them on occasion.

Because you can make a decent living doing small stuff. Just because your company isn't huge doesn't mean you are doing something wrong. If you are turning a profit and it still makes sense to make that profit, why give up?

In Japan, different series have cracked a million copies sold for a single issue. The comparison isn't even close to fair for American comics.

That was when walking dead and invincible blew up in popularity and dc started to lose sales at a fast rate. Currently his statement isn't right and although kirkman still shits on the big two he has admitted he was being too optimistic.