>ITT: Creator deaths that really hurt

Darwyn, you were gone way too soon.

Other urls found in this thread:

patreon.com/user?u=6813665
youtu.be/qHXEHpyt29E
youtu.be/btx8YISbvys
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>he was working on a Shazam book before he died
That just makes it hurt a little more, he was one of my favorite artists and I wish I'd gotten to meet him.

He did Minutemen, the only bright spot in the "Before Watchmen" abortion.

I don't get sad when people die. Only when fictional characters die.

>No more frankface

He was probably a fuckin' child molester

You probably are

No

Mike Parobeck

Fucking diabeetus...

Darwyn Cooke will always be my favourite artist and my signed copy of absolute new frontier will always be my most prized possession. Stan Lee can't keep getting away with this.

>tfw when you find out Ennis and Dillon were so tight that Steve was the best man at Garth's wedding

God really did abandon us.

Mike Wieringo. He had one of the most kinetic and pleasing styles to come out of the 90s, and he went far too young

He was too young

Never have I wanted to fuck a Supergirl more.

And then Tom humped his leukemia ridden corpse until he got internet fame

Him and Churchill have the same artstyle

Batman Adventures was my favorite as a kid. I'm glad it's out in paperback now. Holds up incredibly well.

It still hurts.

He signed a few things for me. I had no idea it would be his last convention.

Turner was sharper & just a bit more striking & stylized.
And check the most recent issue of Justice League.
Churchill has changed a lot.

> AL Rio
> Soild pin up artist with a love for Diana & really good anatomy when he wasn't mimic-ing J S Campbell for specific series.
> Hangs self despite having a wife & 3 kids.
Jesus Christ it's just utterly beyond my comprehension the mindset it would take...

JLU is one of the shows I credit with getting me into comics and his episodes were some of the very best.

When Steven Hughes died he brought the genre he created with him. I was really broken up about it. Laugh all you want but Lady Death and Chaos spoke to me when I was a teen and captured my imagination.

Darwyn Cooke gets a lot of love, and rightfully so, but based 'Ringo was one of my favourites from the 90s into the '00s. He's definitely missed.

isn't here another artist that worked with turner? (finished up backgrounds) Right now goes to cons selling prints. his art style is very similar to turner.

if Mcduffie saw the current situation of minority superheroes hed kill himself again

Remember when he brought Tord's character back, made him evil for no reason, and used him to shill his new show?

I agree I just read his and Waids FF run. His art made that book.

It still hurt,most of the internet animators only make edgy crap that made you appreciate edd's stuff

Yes

why is the shield so plain?

He'd be angry at how they are written at marvel but honestly he'd probably be happy with how many minority comics are out there. He'd also want to write static shock rebirth but let's face it static ain't ever coming back.

Carlos meglia and al williamson hurt me a lot because i knew they died just while researching their work to see what they were up to , and it caught me off guard seeing they had been dead for years

Static Rebirth will happen one way or another
patreon.com/user?u=6813665

Bump

Perfect example of the good dying young.

The fuck is this?

>mffw confirmation came in that the bastard was taking the piss.

I'm gonna get a drink now, buddy.

Carlos Nine - Master of the watercolour and pastels, working hard, having a few books coming out, and then, fucking neumonia.
Here´s an interview (spanish) youtu.be/qHXEHpyt29E

Carlos Trillo - The most important argentinian writer after Oesterheld (and only because Oesterheld wrote El Eternauta), with untold amounts of comics on his resumé, including Cybersix.
Interview (spanish) youtu.be/btx8YISbvys

He'll always be there in your dreams, user.

Met him once, was a really nice guy to a star struck kid from bumfuck, Michigan. Especially given that I had wandered up on him during his smoke break and was chatting with him uninvited.

He always seemed like a bro. The world feels a little less magical without him.

Was watching an older Gilbert Hernandez interview talking about Twilight Children and he mentioned that he and Darwyn wanted to work together again but with Darwyn writing and Beto art. Bummed me out, man.