Can someone explain how Hal Jordan is boring but Superman isn't? I'm not talking about "Superman is too strong!"...

Can someone explain how Hal Jordan is boring but Superman isn't? I'm not talking about "Superman is too strong!", I'm not talking about as a symbols or ideals, mean as actual characters. I actually enjoy Superman comics but as a character he's pretty white bread, whereas I feel Hal has more character flaws and interesting traits (flaws don't necessarily make a character good, but Hal's cockiness and recklessness in trying to prove himself is intriguing to me)

>I'm not talking about as a symbols or ideals

*I'm not talking about as a symbol or ideals

Was that really necessary?

Boring= never read or hate Pre-crisis.

Most post crisis fans said to be lasped marvel fans or new casuals who got in 85.

Hilarious thing is dc lowest ever sales period is when all the legacys took over and shitty children. Pre flashpoint.

A thing hurting marvel now.

I've always kind of viewed Hal as an avatar for the reader in the sense that he's this earther with an adrenaline rush that's thrust into unknown and uncharted space that's filled with unfathomable dangers

Hal can be a dynamic character when he's properly handled, same goes for any other comic book protagonist

One word: Personality.
Kyle outsold Batman and Superman back in his day.

>Hal can be a dynamic character when he's properly handled, same goes for any other comic book protagonist

THIS

I feel like every time Hal is supposed to be cool it's like "i dont care how much willpower u have jordan im too powerful" and then he's like "how about THIS MUCH??" then he wins

Superman has good stories
the only time Hal was worthwhile was when he was Spectre

Yeah in the 90s. Fad, plus spiderman clone saga plus angry hal fans.

Later on no one cares.

All those legacy in the end proved they aren't want the audience wants anymore.

Pammy the trannsexual obese eskimoe will now rape u.

John's GL run says hi

Superman having good stories has nothing to do with OP's question. He's asking about the characters themselves

lol Johnsfags are retarded

Superman has been written well, Hal hasn't

Noob question that doesn't really matter anymore: When Hal became Parallax and killed all of the Green Lantern Corps how did they come back? I mean, I know that's what comic book characters do, I'm just wondering how.

>Can someone explain how Hal Jordan is boring but Superman isn't? I'm not talking about "Superman is too strong!", I'm not talking about as a symbols or ideals, mean as actual characters. I actually enjoy Superman comics but as a character he's pretty white bread, whereas I feel Hal has more character flaws and interesting traits (flaws don't necessarily make a character good, but Hal's cockiness and recklessness in trying to prove himself is intriguing to me)
Green Lantern/Green Arrow, flawed as it is, is still one of the legendary comic book runs.
And you're forgetting about Gerard Jones run on the character.

He actually only killed a dozen or so Green Lanterns. It was revealed in Johns' run that they were captured and held prisoner by the Cyborg Superman and his manhunters.

Cool.

Care to explain how the two are connected at all? A ton of casuals hats Superman more than Hal. Both are hated for threatening Batgod though.

I'm talking more about Sup Forums, they are always quick to defend Superman against those who call him boring but not Hal
I'm not a butthurt fan, I actually like both characters pretty equally, I was just confused as to the reasons why Hal is a boring character while Clark isn't

Johnsfags are insecure as fuck
Hal is the worst GL

Explain to me how you think John Stewart is better.

For some reason I am not as offended by Kyle and Wally as I am with some of the marvel legacies. Maybe it was because Hal and Barry went out better ways. Or maybe it is because Kyle and Wally were GL and Flash for so long. Plus there are so many GLs anyway. Alan, Hal, the worst one, Guy, Kyle, Simon, Jessica.

Besides, Hal and Barry are legacies themselves.

>Both are hated for threatening Batgod though.
What?....The Fuck do these two have to do with Batman?

Character is more than powers OP

...or maybe Hal Jordan is just a shit fucking character?

See:
He is boring as fuck to read because his only traits are
>cocky jackass
>more willpower than anyone else ever for realsies guise im super serial

People tear Miller apart for "Batgod" but no one seems to give a damn when Johns has Hal suddenly jump like 1000 power-levels just because "muh willpower" and 1 shots the enemy. It is boring as fuck to read.

Unlimited power, but you have a stupid weakness and are too stupid and uncreative to use it well
That's why green lantern sucks
Why make a light gun when you can shoot the bullets themselves?

Not even that. The only ones he actually killed were Kilowog and Sinestro. The rest were "left" for dead, but never actually died. They showed up later to resurrect Kilowog.

Hal's not boring, he's just stupid

Not him, but while johns GL isnt really bad, it really made the GL universe extra small. It's not longer a cosmic book, it's just the show of hal and his friends

Miller NEVER EVER wrote batgod.

Morrison, Tomassi and Kelly are the only Batgod writers i cant think off.

Anyway, Johns always shit on characters to hype this new pet, see Black adam vs ultraman.

Kelly's Batgod was fun though
Loeb's Batgod was best

>the legacy meme
>forgetting that the most iconic versions of green lantern, flash and even blue beetle are legacies
>implying that there aren't people who hate rebirth with the mindset that "DC stopped taking risks"

i get that you don't like marvel's legacies (since most of them are shit) but you have to understand that it's a symptom not a cause. their problem go deeper than that.

if marvel decided to flush all the legacies they introduced over the past couple of years tomorrow it still wouldn't fix anything. with the exception of bendis (who'd probably quit if anything happened to his OCs) alot of the talent pool is still going to be there.

he's simon

Hal did not go out well, and Kyle was effectively what these current Marvel legacy characters are. Boring, super talented poochies that are so much better tan their predecessors.

> Boring, super talented poochies that are so much better tan their predecessors

Does everyone that talks shit about Kyle just ignore the first half of his run? He was shit on by almost every member of the superhero community for not being Hal to the point that he got a massive inferiority complex about it. I don't understand the Poochie shit other than it means "character I don't like".

>Poochie

it's a reference to the simpsons episode poking fun at focus testing and executive meddling and kyle being compared to poochie is a dig at him being the result of those 2 things.

Yes, I'm aware of the reference. My meaning is that people claim Kyle is a Poochie when in reality, Guy Gardner was more of a Poochie at the time than Kyle ever was. Take a look through a lot of the books in the 90's and you'll see a lot of stuff about Warriors or Guy being Warrior. Hell, they had Green Arrows funeral at his place and had him give a eulogy! On the other hand, hardly anything about Kyle unless you're just reading GL or JLA.

Don't try and drag Guy down to your level.