Western cartoon has an episode that parodies anime

>western cartoon has an episode that parodies anime
>it's a parody of old anime like Speed Racer/Astro Boy

At least Gumball had the balls to parody JRPG's instead of the '60s anime.

That used to be the way it was, yes... TEN FUCKING YEARS AGO. Get with the times grandpa, cartoons now parody naruto, bleach and shit like attack on titan.

>Western cartoon parodies anime by making it look super stylized with graphic panel overlays everywhere
>can't think of a single anime series that really does that alot outside of OPs and EDs or comedy series/situations like Kare Kano
Why does anime has this reputation in the West of being so damn super slick and stylized, to a fault, again?

>Gumball
> having balls
How many gum balls does gumball have?

This guy gets it

Ask his mom

Well, most producer tend to be 30 to 40 yo guys. That's the kind of thing they saw in their days

SU had a lot of more recent ones.
But they are clearly all about the nostalgia.
On the other hand, Sugar and Ian got referenced in recent Anime. That is all about being nostalgic for a Western crowd because the Japanese market is cancerous in its tastes.
Hm. There could be some lesson here. Or maybe not.

All the references are due to sugar being a filthy fujoshi

Anyone have the one piece edit?

>SU had a lot of more recent ones.
>dragon ball
>sailor moon
>sonic
>final fantasy 7
>more old weeb shit
>"recent one"

hnngg.. Why is this so arousing?!

Because you wish you had a relationship that mimicked the nurturing nature of your mother.

Everyone is always 10 years behind on what other countries are doing, that's why Europe and Canada were doing disco into the 80's, that's why California is always 5 years behind what Japan is doing car culture wise.

Even Sup Forums doesn't know what anime is doing, most still seem to think it's 2010.

well, nowadays western cartoons are just huge parodies

That's very true

>Cartoon has an idolM@s reference

Got a problem with parodying anime that isn't cringe moeblob fest?

>Its another "abloo abloo new anime is all moeshit" nerd

every time someone mentions idolM@s, miura delays the next berserk chapter another month

>Its another

*It's another

>cartoons now parody naruto, bleach and shit like attack on titan
Haha.no

So what the fuck was Mio's problem?

shitty casual clothes

It's bullshit but I believe it. Cartoons make references to anything nowadays.

Ellipses are three dots.

>SU had a lot of more recent ones
Like? The ones I've seen are all at least 20 years old.

>Even Sup Forums doesn't know what anime is doing, most still seem to think it's 2010.
More like 2000. A few people make references as recent as 2005, but any time I see somebody who obviously knows about the current scene it's because they're crossboarding from Sup Forums.

The election was crazy last year.

Male kittens actually fuck their mothers and siblings, that's why.

>Cartoons make references to anything nowadays.
Except an anime made in the last decade.

This. Soon enough we'll have more cartoons referencing Shonen Jump titles, and we'll be out of this "Progressive millenial twist on the 80's" meme while we're at it. It's about time we have more 90's themed content.

Speed Racer is a treasure.

More recent than 70s stuff, yes.

It was even their ult in that shitty SmashBros knockoff.

This. Most people I know, unless they're massive Sup Forums fags who like moe and shit, are still stuck on the same handful of anime/manga; JoJo, Berserk, NGE, DBZ/Super, FMA, Naruto, Cowboy Bebop, Fist of the North Star, maybe Hellsing, maybe One Piece, etc.

Either that or they're still getting over all the essentials and knocking off a few series before they get into new shit. It's hard to watch a lot of anime and still have an actual life, a lot harder than it is to be into any Sup Forums media. I can read like 10 comics on my ride home on the train, I couldn't do the same with any anime.

>Isometric arena beatemup
>Shitty SmashBros knockoff

>Not reading the manga

Mio a shit
Yukko da best.

hel lo buut

i liked it when dexters lab did it, keep in mind this was in the 90's and speed racer was one of the few only anime in the culture.

>Name 5 examples. That Simpsons Halloween episode doesn't count.

WHY THE FUCK I GREENTEXTED IT

>cartoon makes a reference to Guyvere
>cartoon makes a reference to Getter Robo