What dark fantasy comics are worth reading?

What dark fantasy comics are worth reading?

Other urls found in this thread:

io9.gizmodo.com/michael-moorcock-reveals-why-this-elric-comic-is-superi-1639201318
twitter.com/AnonBabble

demon knights

There's Sandman some of the arcos are fairly dark.

Some episodes of grimm fairy tells the sexy one are really good.

There aren't any to begin with.

Slaine would count right?

Cape.
>Sandman
Cape.
Based on a book.

>Based on a book.
So?

Those are not cape comics, the same way horror fantasy isn't either, not because they have crossovers or exist as an IP, doesn't changes the content of the comics

So just read the book. Comic adaptations of, well anything, are always crap.

There's a good one but it was made in Japan so I can't post it here

>sandman
>cape

What a dumbass.

warhammer fantasy?

Then you don't know what this is.

It's Berserk, isn't it?

>Sandman isn't a cape book. It's really good!
Gaiman-fags, everyone.

No, and I honestly don't give a flying rats ass, because it probably sucks.

>Bloodborne wouldn't make a good comic

>No, and I honestly don't give a flying rats ass, because it probably sucks.
io9.gizmodo.com/michael-moorcock-reveals-why-this-elric-comic-is-superi-1639201318

You sound like you would be a blast at parties.

Wow, you have such refined personality and opinions, so compelling. Here, let me allow your thread to die because you're a salty retard that doesn't even read comics.

With the way the story telling is structured it really wouldn't, much of what makes it so good would be lost

>the author likes it, that means you have to like it too
Holy fuck, I don't care. Sup Forums can meme this piece of shit as much as they like, it's still shit. Moorcock can sing it's praises all he likes, it's still shit. Fuck off!

It really wouldn't. Fuck From Software, and fuck all the elitist cunts that ruined all their games.

>Hey Sup Forums, what's a good dark fantasy comment
>Also, I absolutely hate everything so don't you dare give me any recommendations
You could just ignore the shit you're not interested in and wait for some other suggestions to come along.

>Holy fuck, I don't care
You admit to not having read the book. There's a good chance you haven't even read the books themselves and thus, you have zero credibility or authority to your posts .
You asked for good dark fantasy comics and we've been trying to give you some examples and yall you're dong is acting like a cunt
Fuck off faggot. Let this thread die.

Or maybe you could give better suggestions. Morons.

Comic book adaptations are shit. They've always been shit. No amount of the author saying he liked the comic better will change that. It only means he has shit taste.

>Or maybe you could give better suggestions
You don't deserve them

Or maybe you could have made a clearer OP that says something like "no capeshit or adaptations"

Slaine and Nemesis the Warlock you double nigger. That's all you're getting for being an asshat over nothing.

You didn't have them anyway. You couldn't have.

Fact of the matter is, there are no good dark fantasy comics, cause there aren't any real dark fantasy comics in the first place. This industry is utterly fucked, forever doomed to only deal in a single genre, with the higher ups claiming that only the one genre sells, without any substantial evidence to back up that assertion. It's a fucking train wreck.

Oh my fucking god, stop bumping this shit you insufferable cunt.
You made a thread to try to prove a superiority point to yourself, what kind of pathetic loser are you?

What genre is that dipshit? Superhero comics?

If you genuinely believe dark fantasy comics are universally shit why did you make a thread asking for dark fantasy comic recommendations you absolutely retarded nigger.

Oh right, it's because it's summer and mommy is too busy OD'ing on meth to pay attention to you.

>Oh right, it's because it's summer and mommy is too busy OD'ing on meth to pay attention to you.

oh jeez wow, i got a good lol out of that one, i like you user.

>"Mommy! Sup Forums is being mean to me!"
Oh, nut up or fuck off.

Naturally. Capes essentially killed the entire medium. And I for one, am fucking sick of it.

can we get back on topic, this ruby throne looks interesting enough.

doesn't warhammer make tons of comics to? i dont think the black library ever dipped into it though.

>warhammer
Literally the second most autistic fanbase after capeshit

Fuck you faggot I gave you two dark fantasy recs neither of which are are capes.

Both of which are shit.

Nemesis the Warloock? Seriously? Yeah, fuck you too, pal.

Give me an argument as to why Nemesis the Warlock is shit.

i love Sup Forums

Since Original Poster is obviously baiting, I'll address his other claim.

>superheroes ruined/killed the comics industry.
There has always been a demand for stories of heroes to the beginning of history. In the forties and sixties, when mainstream serialized comics began superheroes helped to appeal to a larger market, because of an easy entry point, intriguing storytelling, and interesting visuals. As American cultire(and I'm assuming you're referring to American comics, Manga and European comics follow a different history and they're also not currently being discussed as much) evolved, so did comics, branching out into other genres of fiction(and occasionally retold and emphasized fact). What killed the paper comics industry was not superheroes(who began and propagated it) it was the switch to the internet, which makes creators more available to publish their work on their own, eliminating business to larger companies(however, mainstream comics positions are coveted beyond belief).

>there are no genres in the mainstream now or ever that were not capeshit
False. Comics, even in the golden age, included weird fiction, horror, mystery and romance(none of which involve superheroes). In the mid seventies to the mid eighties this diversified further, with fantasy and erotic comics becoming more popular. These genres still exist and have an audience, they're just not published by the big two:
>Doug Tennapel(met him at a con, cool)
>Art Spiegelman(sic)
>Vaughn Bode
>Ditko

Hell, even early marvel and detective.

>no Bloodborne or Souls comic by Mignola

Hey, can we either hijack the thread and start posting some actual recs or just let this travesty die?

I'd be interested in hearing about any good fantasy or horror comics that people have read

Let this thread die, for fuck sake.
At least use sage you fucking retards

Fables gets into dark fantasy as it goes on.
Spawn has some mini-series like Godslayer.
Looks like the Witcher is getting a comic too.

I don't know a lot but how about ElfQuest? Or Conan or Red Sonja?

Oh and the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina was interesting at the start. Didn't follow it through though.

Dead thread but I'll still suggest Monstress and 8House: Arclight. Also The Spire, not too high on the rec list tho.

Wrong

The Witcher already has comics. Besides, it's based on a book anyway.

Bump

What a crappy troll.

Hillbilly.

That's Elric.

Can someone please just close this thread? Have someone who actually likes fucking comics make a Rec thread. We don't need some faggot baiting here.

>>Sandman
>Cape.

Holy crap you're actually a retard.

Thorgal isn't really all that dark, but it is pretty serius generally, and has a harsh setting. Sorry, other than Conan and Red Sonja, I'm drawing a blank.

Fantasy has always been more the stuff of games and film, with its main domain being books. I don't think we even really had many tv series until Game of Thrones made them popular.

>tfw you like some brutal violence, intrigue, sex/nudity/rape, and other themes like them in your fantasy, but outside Berserk and A Song of Ice and Fire it seems to only exist in the endlesstide of shitty novels.

Bumparino

Jack.

>close this thread
what tech support forum did you crawl from?

Poison Elves

Has anyone read the Hellraiser or Dark Crystal comics and know if they're any good?

>adaptations
Yeah, they're shit.

Berserk.

Adaptations are about what you'd expect of them but I think user's talking about the licensed followups.

Part of what makes those good is the fact that they're games and elements of the game and lore overlap at a meta level.

Removing the game part would only reduce the value of them and only make them generic.

Deathdealer.

Cases could be made for both Den and The Melting Pot too despite the sci-fi elements.